capped options

alen said:
how can someone tell if an option is capped or not?
======================================================================
How can you tell if a train is moving or not?

All options move in price even if the stock/index is static and eventually the great majority of options reduce to zero value. an option is a waisting asset. Thats the first thing you should have learned on the stuff. :cry:

Or have i misunderstood yur question? :rolleyes:

bulldozer said:
======================================================================
How can you tell if a train is moving or not?

All options move in price even if the stock/index is static and eventually the great majority of options reduce to zero value. an option is a waisting asset. Thats the first thing you should have learned on the stuff. :cry:

Or have i misunderstood yur question? :rolleyes:

i am aware of the terminology of options.
when i said capped, i meant if its the kind that get exercised automatically by your broker.

I'm not sure "capped" is the right term in this case.

Regardless, broker exercise must be noted somewhere in your account agreement and/or designated in your preferences set-up somewhere. There's no way your broker can exercise for you unless somewhere along the way you gave permission to do so.

alen said:
i am aware of the terminology of options.
when i said capped, i meant if its the kind that get exercised automatically by your broker.
================================================================
Diffrt brokers have dffrt conditions on the service they provide to their clients.

Can i recommend that u use a FULL service broker for at least 2 yrs. A broker that you can talk to over the phone when placing orders and not trade online! Its worth paying that little bit extra for.

Remember what happened to our friend Dev 17? Now that problem would'nt have happened if he chose the right broker with full service. Get one that has yur best interest at heart .

Bull

bulldozer said:
================================================================
Diffrt brokers have dffrt conditions on the service they provide to their clients.

Can i recommend that u use a FULL service broker for at least 2 yrs. A broker that you can talk to over the phone when placing orders and not trade online! Its worth paying that little bit extra for.

Remember what happened to our friend Dev 17? Now that problem would'nt have happened if he chose the right broker with full service. Get one that has yur best interest at heart .

Bull

well, i chose scottrade, and as well as trading online, i can trade over the phone for a fee.