Capitalism

Capitalism's greatest weakness is that it is so unfair. I think I read somewhere that the 1% richest people own 95% of the planet's assets.
That unfairness has been large enough to have cost a huge amount of grief and envy. In fact it was the prime cause of the French and Russian revolutions. The Brits cleverly backed off just enough after serious riots to stop actually having a revolution, unless you call Cromwell a revolutionary. The French and Russian ruling class didn't see it coming and suffered the consequences.
The American Dream has come good for some penniless immigrants. Not all but enough to keep the country from exploding.

Capitalism let's the rich become richer and it grinds down the poor. As a system it stinks but there are enough rich to make it continue, by giving enough crumbs to the poor to keep them quiet.

I wouldn't say capitalism is unfair if it is applied fairly. However, increasingly so that is what is transpiring and how it is indeed perceived before our eyes. People with power and in a position to influence outcome, are tilting the rules in their biased favour against the fair interests of other players.

Yet democracy, shareholders and the public are powerless. The police and law courts are lame along with corrupt bent politicians.

Before anything else one must acknowledge these rogue factors and take steps to address them for the interests of us all.

I think the Northern european countries are good role models where they seem to have a good handle and balance between free market capitalism sponsored growth and social conscious to aid those in need and thus they top international happiness scales.

Good and fair distribution of income benefits all imho. COE earning 1000 x more than the lowest personnel in a company just doesn't make rational sense. Shareholders are powerless to address the situ. Especially, so when the largest are pension fund managers who also gain in return for granting high numeration.

The system is bent and corrupt and feeds its own. How bad does it have to get for 50% of Barclays profits to be paid out to 500 managers as bonuses when they haven't been doing well at all?

The system has become so embolden that these useless COE's feel they deserve these numerations and are worth it too. Amazing stuff :eek:

FSA tells us we need the best of the best. We can't survive without these masters of the universe?

:LOL:

There ought to be legislation that limits the psychopathic nature of profit making enterprises, to safeguard common human interests.

These common human interests , which must not be violated , should be determined by the many, and not the few ' controlling minds ' . As the controlling minds , often have in common , the same nature as the organisation / corporation. That being, the 2 groups are both PSYCHOPATHIC.

Bankers , banking are top at the psychopath professions. Lawyers are up there too...

So, limit psychopaths power . (y)