Best Thread Capital Spreads

cs, I am a short term trader, I cut losses sharp & don't hold winners for too long either, I don't reveal stops to brokers either. How long will I last before you would close my account assuming I can pull 20k from you pretty much every month?

romik

we do not close down clients. If you can pull 20k from us trading on fair prices then all credit to you. I generally find that people who state that they can do this are generally trading (or attempting to trade) using trade latency issues. If this proves to be the case we will probably put u to 'dealer acceptance'

Before people cry 'foul' please remember that this is not possible when you trade using DMA access (of course) so why should a spread betting company accept it?

Simon

because you are making a price. It's a bit like leaving an order in DMA and complaining when it gets filled

cs, I am a short term trader, I cut losses sharp & don't hold winners for too long either, I don't reveal stops to brokers either. How long will I last before you would close my account assuming I can pull 20k from you pretty much every month?
They will not close your account. But, they might make it difficult for you to continue scalping by referring you to manual execution.

Why don't you go DMA if you are such an exellent trader?:)

romik

we do not close down clients. If you can pull 20k from us trading on fair prices then all credit to you. I generally find that people who state that they can do this are generally trading (or attempting to trade) using trade latency issues. If this proves to be the case we will probably put u to 'dealer acceptance'

Before people cry 'foul' please remember that this is not possible when you trade using DMA access (of course) so why should a spread betting company accept it?

Simon
What is this latency issue nonsense again Simon, I am getting quite fed up hearing it from you reapetedly. Do you really have such a bad price feed problem?

What is this latency issue nonsense again Simon, I am getting quite fed up hearing it from you reapetedly. Do you really have such a bad price feed problem?

He has no price feed problems they make their own prices up and feed you what they want :clap:

romik

Simon
What is a "fair" prices Simon? A fair price is when the quote reflect that of the underlaying asset. If you refuse executing on other grounds, it is definitely not fair play, such as volatility and trading style.

GLE just read their terms and conditions -they can do pretty much what they want. Fair play is not on the menu.

Have you looked at CS other co Prospreads which claims dma?
Yes did have a look at the demo a few years back (Futuresbetting.com) You are in fact trading the futures (they are too expensive for my taste). My guess is that Prospreads very seldom have a price feed problem, other when the exchange is down that is. Why is that, simply because you pay commission on your trades.

Yes did have a look at the demo a few years back (Futuresbetting.com) You are in fact trading the futures (they are too expensive for my taste). My guess is that Prospreads very seldom have a price feed problem, other when the exchange is down that is. Why is that, simply because you pay commission on your trades.

Have another look they now got spot fx - no commissions just the spread. They want you to win if all is as it says. No charts is the downside.

Have another look they now got spot fx - no commissions just the spread. They want you to win if all is as it says. No charts is the downside.
I very seldom trade FX, If they charge no commission their profit is in the spread. Interesting to know if anybody encounter any price feed problem trading FX. If the spread is wide you get less of a price feed problem.

romik

Simon

What is "trade latency"?

What is "trade latency"?

An example would be best. Let's say you are trading GBPUSD and the underlying market has just moved up 50 pips because of some unexpected news. You have a datafeed that has shown the move but CS have not reacted quickly enough and their price is 50 pips below this then you could enter a trade quickly before they adjust it. This would guarantee you a profit and what CS is saying is that if you do this sort of thing then they will not allow you to place the order online and make you go through a dealer who would give you a price that would prevent you being able to profit.

Paul

An example would be best. Let's say you are trading GBPUSD and the underlying market has just moved up 50 pips because of some unexpected news. You have a datafeed that has shown the move but CS have not reacted quickly enough and their price is 50 pips below this then you could enter a trade quickly before they adjust it. This would guarantee you a profit and what CS is saying is that if you do this sort of thing then they will not allow you to place the order online and make you go through a dealer who would give you a price that would prevent you being able to profit.

Paul

I see, thanks.

Paul
I think this is more of a price feed error. If I am not entirely mistaken the latency Simon refers to is network latency, which usually gives you a tick or so in advance when it occurs. A price feed error on the other hand is something I do understand and accept, the SB will react against and correct afterwards.

Last edited:
Yes you are probably correct and I may have misunderstood although the example I gave is a form of latency issue.

Paul

A more logical way to resolve this would be to refuse to quote, or to massively widen the spread, at certain volatile periods. This is in line with real market practice.

If you're daft enough to commit to maintaining a tight spread it makes no sense to complain about others taking advantage.