Best Thread Capital Spreads

I have used XP for over 4 years trading with CS, not a single computer or software related problem. Have you tried different browsers. IE, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome. If you have not tried Chrome it might be worth a try.

yeah y i didnt try chrome ! :) , i tried firefox b4 and the cpu load around 50 sometimes higher , but now i tried chrome and opera , it is much better with CS the cpu load average around 15-20 sometimes little bit higher sometimes lower , thats acceptable for me , thanks u remind me ...

This problem is not from my side cuz it happens only with CS platform , IG CMC FXCM Oanda Open Ecry .... etc working normally and i am not the only one experienced this Oil tanker i think experienced this as well but yeah I will upgrade to Windows 7 when it is relased :) .

I get this problem on the site too.Could I ask if you are using Firefox. The 3.5 version has cpu usage issues (google firefox 100% cpu) , switching to IE may help, it solved it for me.

I get this problem on the site too.Could I ask if you are using Firefox. The 3.5 version has cpu usage issues (google firefox 100% cpu) , switching to IE may help, it solved it for me.
U joined at 2003 and this is your first post ! :)
IE is very bad Firefox and other browsers much better , also i experienced cpu over load with IE when i use CS , but seems now it is still around 15-25 when i use opera or chrome ...

SImon, any news on the Crashing Charts. After a few minutes, the charts crash and I can't use any of the features on them. The price still updates, but thats it. I have previously been told to update the Java but this never helps. It has happened on every computer i have used CS on (which must be about 10) I even bought a new laptop last week and still the same proble.

Cheers,

Charlie

fractions are difficult and (please do not take this the wrong way but) ...there is just no money for CS in clients trading less than $1 (you can open a dollar account and we will transfer your sterling funds for u at a reasonable rate).

In conversation with the other SB companies who offer small size stakes they seem to spend half their time with accounts who are trading 10p...50p a point on the indices. For this reason they generally limit clients time on the fractional accounts. In reality the biggest difference you can have between a real trade and a £1 bet size would be £50 per 100 points!

We give our novice clients the demo account which they can trade to their hearts content (we never turn them off) so they can gain knowledge (if not expertise) without cash. I would almost say that trading with 10p a point is no better than not using money at all !

Most of the SB's actually have bigger minimum than £1 for many of the most popular markets.

Simon

I think I have a "half" solution for my pair trading. I can use both my Capital Spreads account and my IGIndex account for the pair. I trade in whole £s one side on CS, then work out the other neutral pair exact amount and trade that on IG, obviously choosing the one with the worst spread on IG to be traded on CS. That way I get at least half of the tight spreads of CS...:D

Cheers

ps.still hopeful however that CS will go from integer arithmetic to floating point in the future some time:)

We give our novice clients the demo account which they can trade to their hearts content (we never turn them off) so they can gain knowledge (if not expertise) without cash. I would almost say that trading with 10p a point is no better than not using money at all !

Simon

Simon,

So far, I have not been able to Demo Trade currencies properly with CS because either the ones I need are not available, or they are, but closed when I need to trade them!

Is there any likelihood that the Demo Platform will be upgraded to an acceptable level, please? Otherwise, I have no use for it. (n)

xpat

the demo platform is really there to train clients in what the intracacies of spread betting/trading are.

Margin, Stops, p/l, orders etc

but we will be putting more markets onto 24 hr to reflect the live platfrom.

many of you will have been waiting for the new platform but (unfortunately) we had a few glitches on data migration testing so we remain on the old... sorry

on the plus side you will all be happy to see that gbp/usd is now at 2 eur/usd at 1 and dow at 3

simon

ffear

although i can replicate your problem our IT dept (naturally) cannot, typical!

i have sent them away to work harder on the issue.

Simon

Problems with the site

Well I tried and the demo account works okay. However there are some trades which I can't seem to close because I get an error message that the server was unable to fulfill my request. This happens mostly when I am making profits... interesting. I'd be cautious to open a real money account.

4tune

bit surprised here as the demo is just a computer system.... it does not determine between a profit or a loss (neither does the live platform). I suspect that you might have a problem with connectivity as this would be the only reason for the errors you report.

simon

the demo is known for being well .. a demo..

few of the functions work in a reliable way

also the ticker is much faster.

you can make thousands on the demo just jumping the ticker during news .

the live is different.

the demo is known for being well .. a demo..

few of the functions work in a reliable way

also the ticker is much faster.

you can make thousands on the demo just jumping the ticker during news .

the live is different.
It sure is, ha ha.

How reliable is CS? What's their attitude towards winning traders?
They have nothing against winning traders as such. What they discriminate (not allowed according to the MiFID) is non preferred trading styles, such as very short term traders. They are not very comfortable with news traders either. This is the dilemma, that the industry as a whole needs to deal with going forward.