Best Thread Capital Spreads

Spreadbetterstop

thank you your comment. We do like to have this question asked on a regular basis as new people coming into the SB world are often confused as to why all the SB co's cash index prices seem to differ from the real market , and this gives us the chance to reply to the question and inform those who may be too shy (or confused) to ask.

Simon

Infromation from existing Capitalspread users

Hi to all traders,

Just wondering those of you who are using Cap spreads- how happy/unhappy you all are with the company.

I am currently using fins and finding that their consistent use of 'phone trading' is interferring with my trading. Do you have this experience with Capital Spreads (espicailly during key announcements) because I am thinking of switching to them- Actually have been using their demo for almost a month now and been very impressed- how similar is it with the real platform?

any reply would be most appreciate-

Thank you in advance

Customer service is top notch. Fast, friendly, helpful. Each time Fins went to phone only yesterday CS were online and working. In most cases spread is better than Fins also. Less margin and tighter control of positions, i.e. you cant run up large -ve balances as you can with Fins or D4F.

Platform is very stable.

FTSE quarterly contracts are an annoyance with CS though. Internet trading hours cease at 5.30.

Other than they are slightly ahead of Fins, who let themselves down on platform issues and mysterious 'technical problems'.

thanks

Thanks to Juanbyte and kevinmcm- apprecaite your reply- will definitely switch now knowing that the live platform demo is just as good as the demo.

Simon would like to ask you how long will it take before I can start trading if i use your online application form?

Thanks

Kiy

It takes about 10 mins to open an account and deposit cash. Thats all there is to it. Slight problem is if you are newish is at your current address, you mat have to send some proof in.

Other thing is CS just gone to phone only as news cam eout that Bush is to address the nation at 11.00, strangely Fins is still up :(
Possible it a genuine tech problem at CS.

It usually only takes us a few minutes to process an account application (within business hours), subject to an address check. Then there's the small matter of funding the account although, again, this only takes a few seconds.

capitalspreads said:

kevin, thks for the review (the cheques in the post)

Simon

No problem Simon, praise where its due. You did say it would be a big cheque did'nt you :)

Having tried Fins and Steal4Free i have no hesitation in recommending Capitol Spreads, always get the price i click on and no re-quoting also the site is very reliable. Did have a small gripe once but that was due to my ignorance and Simon did reply promptly and put me right. First class company.

Just had a look at the Capital spreads website. It covers FTSE350 stock which is what i want and the spreads seam slightly better than Finspreads. I'll probably open an account with them soon and try them out.

Glad to be of help ,all i can say is i've been using them now for about a month live and so far no problems at all ,you can even try their demo acc which works exactly the same .good luck . :p

pmaa

I've been using the Capital Spreads Demo account today (my first attempt at Demo trading) and am disappointed to find I'm limited to just the indices and one or two stocks.

It seems you can trade most instruments when you have a 'live' account but not demo - or am I doing something wrong?

LWB

OK ignore me - why do you puzzle over something all day, pluck up courage to ask someone fearing you'll look stupid - post the question finally - and then hey presto - find the answer straight away. Found the other stocks - couldn't see for looking I'm afraid.

LWB

:eek:

LWB ,Glade you found what your looking for ,also if you have any query's try their customer support via email usually very helpful. good luck . :cool:

Thanks pmaa

I have only just read their welcome email (a few hours late!) which includes the pdf manual answering most of the queries I've had all day, well some of us learn slower than others I suppose.

Still overall I've had a good day making £84 profit with £10 stakes. A good start but of course I haven't got the same pressure as if it was my money and I could just as easily lose more tomorrow - early days yet.

The interesting thing was that I did use my Charts and signals as I intended to and it worked quite well which is the main thing.

Did make one very big mistake - didn't notice that Barclays trading closes at 1620 and left my order open on that one, not sure what happens now as they say they don't automatically roll over open orders - any ideas?

LWB

good morning traders !!
I have been trading with capitalspreads.com now for while, and until yesterday I didn't had any problem, with exception on the the instruments you can bet on, but yesterday I correct a couple of times my limit trigger and when I realise, it had triggered a limit which I had cancel 3 hours before and already received the email confirming the old limit had been cancelled and got the confirmation of the new limit trigger level...but even like that the order come out of the market a few points before it should had.
I complained yesterday, I did got an email saying they are looking into it but nothing more then that...until now !!!
I will let you know the final result...but to be honest , I am a bit disappointed , because the markets are already so limited, and now this...will see !!! :-0

...by the way any comments on the u.s indices's today, are we bullish or what?
:eek: