Best Thread Capital Spreads

Good for you for binning binary bets, the Lotto 'scratchcards' of the industry...

mmm i would agree with you if i did not know how much money is made from the 'lotto'. !! wish i could get a slice

It has always been of great annoyance to me that the only people who are allowed general media advertising is the national lottery... where the chances of winning are miniscule.... but of course the huge rake is taken by Her Majesty's Revenue

by far the biggest gaming income is made from the lottery but the general gaming industry has to take a load of c**p from government ministers over gaming awareness campaigns etc!

talk about "the entire kitchen range calling the kettle black"

simon

Simon , what about the CPU overload while using the new platform ?

back after a long break

it would be difficult to answer the huge backlog of questions/complaints so if anyone has a bug bear that is still ongoing i would like to hear it.

I will answer the Binary question though... although we quoted a large array of binary markets our clients never really got involved and it was just taking up too much of our time for too little return. In the end we took a business decision to curtail our involvement and leave the field.

we gave it a go but with no real 'two way' flow the p/l was almost random!

At the same time we reallocated our resourses to open a 24 hr manned dealing desk and

simon

are now quoting far more markets in the small hours

Can I ask does that include forex?

gamma

yes we quote all the minor/exotic fx markets 24 hours a day (minus 7 minutes around 22.00 UK time)monday to friday. i believe that we quote them from 23.00 on sunday as well.

tar

cpu usage. can u give us a bit more info about your hardware as our pc's (home and work) never go above 2-3pc.

I have a feeling that there is a 'product mix' that we might have missed

simon

Attachments

• CPU.jpg
    CPU.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 147
  • CPU2.jpg
    CPU2.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 209
  • CPU3.jpg
    CPU3.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 136
Hi Simon,

I've found that I can't use the new platform through our corporate firewall. Apparantely it needs to connect to the backend server through a blocked port. All I get is a screen saying 'Establishing Communiction with FEP ...'

Phoned / emailed CS who said 'Sorry blah blah blah ...' or a very helpfull 'Maybe you could ask your Company to unblock ....'. Yes, of course, why didn''t I think of that. After all it's only a Top Tier IB who'd be more than happy to do that - err, maybe not ....

Pretty sure others will be having the same problem but given up in view of the above response. Anything you can do?

Thanks

mombasa

this is certainly of deep concern to me (as you can imagine) i have forwarded this comment to IT as well. It might be that your company has actively barred connectivity to us but I will be investigating.

Simon

Tar

comment from IT
One of the most obvious things is that he is running Vista on only 1gb of ram. I’m told that Dell wont even sell a pc with vista on 1gb. We can also see that he is running AVG anti-virus this can use lots of cpu at times and may be to blame.

It may also be the version of flash player that he is using, the last one or two releases had significant performance improvements.

I would suggest that he updates his flash player to the latest version and increases his memory to 2gb

hope this helps

simon

Simon , what about the CPU overload while using the new platform ?
Are you referring to the Dealingdesk platform or just a CS upgrade? I thought you have given up on CS judging by your previous posts.:)

back after a long break

it would be difficult to answer the huge backlog of questions/complaints so if anyone has a bug bear that is still ongoing i would like to hear it.

I will answer the Binary question though... although we quoted a large array of binary markets our clients never really got involved and it was just taking up too much of our time for too little return. In the end we took a business decision to curtail our involvement and leave the field.

we gave it a go but with no real 'two way' flow the p/l was almost random!

At the same time we reallocated our resourses to open a 24 hr manned dealing desk and are now quoting far more markets in the small hours.

simon
Nice to have you back, your "holidays" seems getting longer and longer.:)

Tar

comment from IT
One of the most obvious things is that he is running Vista on only 1gb of ram. I’m told that Dell wont even sell a pc with vista on 1gb. We can also see that he is running AVG anti-virus this can use lots of cpu at times and may be to blame.

It may also be the version of flash player that he is using, the last one or two releases had significant performance improvements.

I would suggest that he updates his flash player to the latest version and increases his memory to 2gb

hope this helps

simon

Thanks , but i dont think the Ram or the AV is the problem here cuz it happens only with CS's platform , but anyway i will upgrade my hardware and i will tell u if there is any new .

Are you referring to the Dealingdesk platform or just a CS upgrade? I thought you have given up on CS judging by your previous posts.:)

I dont use DD , i still have an account with CS and i am not using it at the moment , but i always will keep an eye on CS to c if it improved , then maybe i will use it again .

I dont use DD , i still have an account with CS and i am not using it at the moment , but i always will keep an eye on CS to c if it improved , then maybe i will use it again .
for example : The new 24 hour trading is a good improvement ...

for example : The new 24 hour trading is a good improvement ...
Yes, I am waiting for the transformation to the new platform (the same as DD), maybe Simon could give more information when this is in the pipeline. Apparently there has been delay due to price feed problem. The dealingdesk platform will be an improvement and I am looking forward to trying out CS more actively after that.

gle

delivery expected around the 16th october ... but i have got so used to glitches that i am not going to hold my breath !!

simon

mombasa

this is certainly of deep concern to me (as you can imagine) i have forwarded this comment to IT as well. It might be that your company has actively barred connectivity to us but I will be investigating.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for that. Don't think my IB will have explicitly blocked the port - was working fine with the older platform (they used to block CS completely but I got around that using the direct ip address. Now they have lifted the DNS lookup restriction). I think it's the firewall just blocking non-normal ports.

Reply from customer services was "Our Technical Team have confirmed that your Corporate Firewall may be blocking access to your account"

So, I think there are going to be many CS clients behind corporate firewalls who are going to be affected.

Many thanks

Sarit