Best Thread Capital Spreads

obviously it has been 'quantatively eased' out by 'functionality scope creep' causing a 'bilateral disfunction' of the 'delivery spectrum'.

I really do not appreciate your patronising attitude.

For God's sake we all knew that already.

Why state the fricking obvious ? :cheesy:

absolutely useless when dow opens, 10 deals rejected.
I know the feeling, one gets totaly off guard to continue trading. Have a look att DD (hope you don't mind Simon), CS will transfer your account. I have not had a single trade rejection since I started trading with them a couple of days ago. Too good to be true maybe, we'll see how well they perform in the long run. CS should convert to this platform asap.

I know the feeling, one gets totaly off guard to continue trading. Have a look att DD (hope you don't mind Simon), CS will transfer your account. I have not had a single trade rejection since I started trading with them a couple of days ago. Too good to be true maybe, we'll see how well they perform in the long run. CS should convert to this platform asap.

DD and CS have the same dealing desk , then the rejections problem is from CS's platform not from their dealing desk

DD and CS have the same dealing desk , then the rejections problem is from CS's platform not from their dealing desk
Yes I know, DD is a white label of LCG. Apparently the platform is different, and altogether different execution model it seems. The spread is also different, in Dealingdesk advantage, at least for the indices.

Last edited:
You may be the only one trading with DD that's why the execution is good :LOL:

I'm using them too and I must say execution is spot on and the prices are much faster than CS ! It appears the difference between the platforms is vast.

I'm using them too and I must say execution is spot on and the prices are much faster than CS ! It appears the difference between the platforms is vast.

I was just being a bit sarcastic. They probably dont have that many clients yet anyway.
I agree that the prices are faster than CS. I have a demo of the DD platform but what I didnt like was the prices continued jumping up and down a few pips even when it appeared the market was not moving on other platforms. I look mainly at cable. But I will try to have a look how it behaves for other markets.

oiltanker

I hope that your chart issue has resolved itself - the lines I added to some charts yesterday are still there. If you've still got the problem you need to set your Java console debugging level to 5 - you can do this by right clicking on the little Java icon in the bottom right of your screen (or from the tools menu in your browser if the icon is not there) and then selecting "open console", once open hit 5 on your keyboard, then launch some charts, add some lines and do a save (you can close the Java console window).

Hopefully this will work, but if it doesn't we'll need your user ID to investigate further.

simon

You may be the only one trading with DD that's why the execution is good :LOL:
Yes I got that one alright:) Yes, one has to trade for a longer period of time, to really see how well they execute. With this kind of spread and performance, the word about them will spread quite quickly. You have to have the live account to be able to compare them with others. I will try to avoid writing too much about DD on this thread, this because it is dedicated to CS, even if DD is a white label of LCG.

Last edited:
Simon, are any other WL's of LCG using the same platform as dd. Would like to compare the spreads until CS gets the new platform.

Who said that CS is getting a new platform and I can't remember Simon saying this. May be he could clarify?

Who said that CS is getting a new platform and I can't remember Simon saying this. May be he could clarify?
Yes, Simon has confirmed on the DD thread, that in late May they will convert to the new platform.
"hopefully CS will be there "end of May""

Last edited:
hi simon

just a tip from someone who used to make websites.

when the developers show you their new creation they will do so on a lighting fast machine with big screens running no other programs. ask them to show you how it works on an average machine with average screen say 2-3 year old running other open programs together that the average punter might have including at least 3 charts, metatrader, ransquawk, skype, email client, news site etc.

speed rather than features [like the unnecessary java on the home page] is of more use. developers like to make things 'feature rich' whereas users prefer speed.