Best Thread Capital Spreads

The last half hour they had server error.. so I cannot even log on.... very frustrating
This is peoples money and it should be a serius buisness...

Yesterday I got trade rejectet in about 5 min.. At last i got a really bad price:mad:

The last half hour they had server error.. so I cannot even log on.... very frustrating
This is peoples money and it should be a serius buisness...

Yesterday I got trade rejectet in about 5 min.. At last i got a really bad price:mad:

I experienced it too. Annoying but these things do happen (could just as easily been my own kit or ISP failure) and therefore a wise trader will have a contingency plan.

I experienced it too. Annoying but these things do happen (could just as easily been my own kit or ISP failure) and therefore a wise trader will have a contingency plan.

A wise trader wouldn't use a SB firm, but if you do then make sure you have at least 2 accounts with different ones. If one goes down use the other to hedge. (y)

A wise trader wouldn't use a SB firm, but if you do then make sure you have at least 2 accounts with different ones. If one goes down use the other to hedge. (y)

I know what you mean but for certain purposes SB is ideal - see Trader Dante's posts eg.

Some wise traders have direct access in addition. But as you rightly point out, always have backups. :)

I know what you mean but for certain purposes SB is ideal - see Trader Dante's posts eg.

Some wise traders have direct access in addition. But as you rightly point out, always have backups. :)

I use CMC (I'm not wise lol) but looking at futuresbetting.com - this give DMA but still spread bet. Same organisation as Capital Spreads but worth a look.

At least they have decent phone dealer service, but only to close trades..
You are right I should look into a second account..
I am quite consistant now, and its like the problems got worse ...

When I was loosing money, there was no problems with the fills or the platform..
This I am a little concerned about..

Last edited:
I severybody having Problems with Capital spreads these days as I find
Slow screens
Blank screens and "unexpected error etc" when trying to close positions etc

Its getting beyond a joke as It cant be my Pc - as its a brand news Quad with Super ppower

Hope Simon et al fix the issues asap as its now taking the micheal lierally

rgds
zarif

eeje100 - I have had good phone service from Caps and have been able to
get market quotes
open positions
revise stop loss order levels
set limit order levels

I have not tried but I am sure I could close positions by phone too. I have not had a problem getting through and the operator service once connected has been good.

cs seems to have widened the fx spreads on a lots of pairs? aud/usd is now 6pts?

Yes, you are correct. Notice that USD/CAD is also 6 pips spread now.

No doubt, they have a good scapegoat reason: the world financial crisis.:sleep:

I had trouble accessing Capital Spreads twice in the past week or so and for the times that I could not get to the trading screen I found that the corresponding chart data was missing.

Anybody else get this problem ?

I wasn't actually trading....just watching......but this is not good at all.

Is this a common occurrence ?

According to their support team it is very rare........somehow I do not think so.

Cap Spreads must be dubious at best.

I am having no end of problems with CS today. Trouble logging on and then cant access my open positions. Unexpected error messages when trying to close a trade. ive been with them 3 yrs, but im pretty p....d off with them today, its getting to the point of voting with the feet, me thinks. I see E-Trade are offering £100 to open an account with them, ive not checked their spreads yet thou.

I am having no end of problems with CS today. Trouble logging on and then cant access my open positions. Unexpected error messages when trying to close a trade. ive been with them 3 yrs, but im pretty p....d off with them today, its getting to the point of voting with the feet, me thinks. I see E-Trade are offering £100 to open an account with them, ive not checked their spreads yet thou.
E-Trade has a white label operation from London Capital Group, so that switch will not help you.

Same Nightmare here Mich and I think I must have been with them for now atleast 7-8 years and THIS time evenj I am getting absolutely Pixxxed Off as its becoming worse than Mickey mouse.
Would you believe Even the DEMO Platform is up the Crapper with them - Simon you better get your end of things right otherwise looks like you are gping to lose quite a few veterans - the balls in your court

rgds
zarif

Same Nightmare here Mich and I think I must have been with them for now atleast 7-8 years and THIS time evenj I am getting absolutely Pixxxed Off as its becoming worse than Mickey mouse.
Would you believe Even the DEMO Platform is up the Crapper with them - Simon you better get your end of things right otherwise looks like you are gping to lose quite a few veterans - the balls in your court

rgds
zarif

Zarif, another one Ive been getting LOL, is chasing the drop down execution box with the mouse pointer, and not being allowed to open a trade, usually when I had just had a few successful scalp trades,funny that.

I had to log out and in again to cure the problem, only to see the trade had got away from me, and was no longer viable.

Last edited:
If any service is not up to a high standard why not change to a different provider ?
Lots of SB firms falling over them selfs to get new custermers you know.
IG are recomended