Best Thread Capital Spreads

capital spreads are crap

This is a warning not to use them tAKE MY ADVICE OR NOT!!!!!

IF YOU WANT QUICK EXECUTION IN ENTRY OR EXITING TRADES DONT BOTHER WITH THEM!! I HAVE JUST CLOSED MY ACCOUNT AND WITHDRAWN ALL OF MY MONEY

WHY!!!!

BECAUSE 3 TIMES THIS WEEK I HAVE CLOSED A PROFITABLE TRADE BUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE SPENT SO LONG (UP TO 3 MIN) TO CLOSE THE TRADE MY PROFITS TURNED INTO LOSSES
I HAPPEN TO THINK THIS IS NO coinsadance THE TRADING VOLUMES HAVE NOT BEEN HIGH WHY THEY TAKING SO LONG! BECAUSE I WIN 6 OUT OF 10 TRADES BY TAKING SMALL WINS AND CUTTING SMALL LOSSES AVERGING 15 POINTS PER DAY UP

I HAVE BEEN SUCCESFULL AT THIS UNTILL THEY STARTED TAKING AGES CLOSING TRADES

I CANT HELP BUT THINK THEY ARE COMPLETE CON ARTISTS WHO ONLY WANT LOSSING CUSTOMERS

CAPITAL SPREADS CAN GO TO HELL ALONG WITH HITLER AND GEORGE W BUSH

Hey IM not into arbing SB firms.
What I do is place limmit orders in a particular direction at 3-5 point gaps.
I do this when I expect a sudden rally, these limmit orders can start at £200, then £300 and so on.
When there is a nice profit I simply start taking some of the chips of the table.
SB Firms do not like to see clients generate large amounts in small times scales, it is then when the tricks, underhanded tackticks come in to play.

Dont get me wrong, SB firms have there uses, but not to be messed with if your going to agressively take money from them.

Some SB Firms now have limmits on how much one can have on any one particular postion/trade.

When using this method it is not uncomon for a £3k per point postion to be aquired so profits can be high when the market is rising fast in your directon.

The SB firm will be happy to close loosing trades, then again it only takes one of these type of trade per day/week to wipe out any profits for the SB firm.

How would you like it if you had worked all week at a SB Firm only for some smart ass to place limmit orders on a sudden rally and wipe out all your profits, it is not nice :) :) poor SB Firms.

capital spreads are crap

IF YOU WANT QUICK EXECUTION IN ENTRY OR EXITING TRADES DONT BOTHER WITH THEM!! I HAVE JUST CLOSED MY ACCOUNT AND WITHDRAWN ALL OF MY MONEY

WHY!!!!

BECAUSE 3 TIMES THIS WEEK I HAVE CLOSED A PROFITABLE TRADE BUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE SPENT SO LONG (UP TO 3 MIN) TO CLOSE THE TRADE MY PROFITS TURNED INTO LOSSES
I HAPPEN TO THINK THIS IS NO coinsadance THE TRADING VOLUMES HAVE NOT BEEN HIGH WHY THEY TAKING SO LONG! BECAUSE I WIN 6 OUT OF 10 TRADES BY TAKING SMALL WINS AND CUTTING SMALL LOSSES AVERGING 15 POINTS PER DAY UP

I CANT HELP BUT THINK THEY ARE COMPLETE CON ARTISTS WHO ONLY WANT LOSSING CUSTOMERS

capital spreads are crap

WHY!!!!

Yea mixed reviews about capital spreads, Who are you thinking of going with then trevpick?

Hi,
Im opening an account soon, Capital Spreads or another broker?

Thanks

capital spreads are crap

This is a warning not to use them TAKE MY ADVICE OR NOT!!!!!

WHY!!!!

I CANT HELP BUT THINK THEY ARE COMPLETE CON ARTISTS WHO ONLY WANT LOOSING CUSTOMERS

CFDS ARE THE WAY FORWARD

DONT BE A SUCKER

Im Not Sure Yet!!!

I Think Im Going To Go Over To Cfd's

It Is Still A Leveraged Product But These Type Of Trades Much Safer Ie. To Company Has No Intrest If You Win Or Loose So I Cant See Why They Might Manipulate The Trade In Any Way

By The Way If Im Wrong On That Somebody Please Say

Cfd Companys Like Fx Pro Just Charge Commision And Or The Spread At £20 Per 1 Lot

So Im Spending The Weekend Going Back To The Drawing Board Because I Have Very Little Confidents In Spread Betting

Its Hard Enought To Make Money In The Markets With Out People Like Capital Spreads Making It Impossible

eerrr.

i am sorry but how can taking time to close a trade turn it into a loss?

If the trade is accepted it can only be accepted at the price you request and at no other.

You click the trade button and the deal goes through... i have never heard of a deal taking 3 mins to accept unless there is some connectivity problem with your pc.

if this client is who i think he is he has never had a trade refused and all trades have gone through on the auto dealer at the price he requested. The max time delay in our systems was 3 secs.

Simon

sorry to be boring as well... but cfd companies would probably not bother to do anything with a £20 bet/trade either ..it is not enough to hedge so all you would do is pay the same spread as with a SB company and then also pay commission.

Last edited:
Thanks Trevpick,
Will look into it, sorry to hear about your experience, hence thats why ive been reluctant to open a spreadbet account. Last thing i want is things like these to happen.

Also looking at direct brokers, as you suggested they only take commissions and not interested whether you lose or win.

Will look into it...

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Thanks Simon,
Will look into that too,, I guess to find out myself ill have to give it a try with small lots and se how that goes..

Thanks

On the subject of Caps Spreads, I've not been with them long, have only done 40 or 50 trades, but none of them took more than seconds to fill. My small account with them is up 25% in 3 and a bit months.

I have been with Fins much longer and have done over 900 trades there. None of them took more than seconds to fill either, though occasionally a message pops up to say the instruction needs to be re-entered as the market has moved during the process: I can live with that as sometimes the market has moved in my favour and I get a better entry.

I think we're all big enough and ugly enough to understand the structural pros and cons of spreadbetting and make up our own minds without being shouted at.

On the subject of Caps Spreads, I've not been with them long, have only done 40 or 50 trades, but none of them took more than seconds to fill. My small account with them is up 25% in 3 and a bit months.

I have been with Fins much longer and have done over 900 trades there. None of them took more than seconds to fill either, though occasionally a message pops up to say the instruction needs to be re-entered as the market has moved during the process: I can live with that as sometimes the market has moved in my favour and I get a better entry.

I think we're all big enough and ugly enough to understand the structural pros and cons of spreadbetting and make up our own minds without being shouted at.
Thanks Tomorton,
Might have to give them a try to find out for myself....

Also was thinking of trying Finspreads.. seems like alot of happy customers there too.... ?

Thanks

eerrr.

If the trade is accepted it can only be accepted at the price you request and at no other.

You click the trade button and the deal goes through... i have never heard of a deal taking 3 mins to accept unless there is some connectivity problem with your pc.

if this client is who i think he is he has never had a trade refused and all trades have gone through on the auto dealer at the price he requested. The max time delay in our systems was 3 secs.

Simon

sorry to be boring as well... but cfd companies would probably not bother to do anything with a £20 bet/trade either ..it is not enough to hedge so all you would do is pay the same spread as with a SB company and then also pay commission.

HOW CAN TAKING TIME TO CLOSE A TRADE TURN INTO A LOSS

WHAT!!!!!!!

LET ME EXPLAIN

I AM 10 POINTS UP AT 10 PER POINT ON A SHORT
I DECIDE TO EXIT
I CLICK THE OPEN POSITION BOX
I CLICK BUY
3 YEARS LATER THE TRADE IS ACCEPTED AT -10 POINTS aND £100 IS DEBITED FROM MY ACCOUNT

THAT IS HOW A WINNING TRADE TURNS INTO A LOOSING TRADE

PRATT!!!

i have had problems with capspreads taking up to 2 minutes to close trades resulting in losses rather than profits.last night in fact the browser crashed and nobody answered the phone after 10 minutes solid of ringing.i couldnt move my stop and just had to leave it in the hands of the gods,luckily this time i got out without losing but its simply not good enough.im not someone who complains over every little trade rejection and i understand the problems with high volatility,but not answering the phones as well? thats like playing the guy with an ace up each sleeve! on the whole theyve been good and i dont know if its the new browser,but a fella could lose some serious money with no way of manipulating stops or closing trade option.

eerrr.

Simon

Simon

Whilst you are about (and I have read lot of your comments over time) why would anyone use CS as opposed to futuresbetting which gives dma as I understand it? Spreads are the same are they not? I am fully aware of the group connection.

WHAT!!!!!!!

LET ME EXPLAIN

I DECIDE TO EXIT
I CLICK BUY
3 YEARS LATER THE TRADE IS ACCEPTED AT -10 POINTS aND £100 IS DEBITED FROM MY ACCOUNT

PRATT!!!

ALSO I WAS COMPLETELY HAPPY WITH CAPITAL SPREAD UNTILL THIS SLOW EXECUTION STARTED HAPPENING AND I WAS IN FAVOUR AND RECOMMENDED THE COMPANY

I LIKE TO GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE

BUT YOU MUST BE OFF YOUR ROCKER IF YOU THINK I HAVE NEVER HAD A REFUSED QUOTE OR A TRADE EXECUTED LONGER THAN 3 SECONDS.

YOU LIE!!

ALSO I WAS COMPLETELY HAPPY WITH CAPITAL SPREAD UNTILL THIS SLOW EXECUTION STARTED HAPPENING AND I WAS IN FAVOUR AND RECOMMENDED THE COMPANY

I LIKE TO GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE

BUT YOU MUST BE OFF YOUR ROCKER IF YOU THINK I HAVE NEVER HAD A REFUSED QUOTE OR A TRADE EXECUTED LONGER THAN 3 SECONDS.

YOU LIE!!
WOW CS got you really peed off - try CMC they should really really get you going. At least Simon takes the time to come on these boards and reply. I tried them all and ended up with Oanda - worth a look.

WHAT!!!!!!!

LET ME EXPLAIN

I DECIDE TO EXIT
I CLICK BUY

PRATT!!!

IF YOU HOLD INFOMATION LIKE THAT ON HOW LONG IT TAKES TO CLOSE A TRADE ECT... I WILL PUT IN FOR A FREEDOM OF INFOMATION REQUEST AND DISPLAY TO RESULTS ON HERE FOR EVERY ONE TO SEE

3 SECONDS MY RECTUM

IF YOU HOLD INFOMATION LIKE THAT ON HOW LONG IT TAKES TO CLOSE A TRADE ECT... I WILL PUT IN FOR A FREEDOM OF INFOMATION REQUEST AND DISPLAY TO RESULTS ON HERE FOR EVERY ONE TO SEE

3 SECONDS MY RECTUM
Cool it and go get a beer - can I suggest you phone Simon Monday am and sort it. I had similar problem with CMC but got resolved. Don't let them get to ya!!!

CS is becoming scary.... Damn... i duno whether to test them or not now.... dont wana lose all my capital cos of delays in closing trades...

Maybe Futuresbetting is better?