Best Thread Capital Spreads

I tried repeatedly for approx 10min today to close out a trade - kept getting rejected. I guess things were just busy...:whistling

I think CS has technical problems due to high volatility. The system can simply not handle all the orders coming through (no excuse though). It is a big security risk trading with them when the market really gets going. I agree, you can get stuck, not being able to close your position. CS really has to do something about this, and fast, as well as all the trade rejections.

I think CS has technical problems due to high volatility. The system can simply not handle all the orders coming through (no excuse though). It is a big security risk trading with them when the market really gets going. I agree, you can get stuck, not being able to close your position. CS really has to do something about this, and fast, as well as all the trade rejections.

Like putting your money in an Icelandic bank. Fine when the going's good, but when it gets choppy, I'd rather have mine in National Savings.

Like putting your money in an Icelandic bank. Fine when the going's good, but when it gets choppy, I'd rather have mine in National Savings.
It is really not that bad, but one must be aware of the problem. It is a good practice to have a hedging possibility if you get stuck, not being able to close your position with your present SB.

Your trade has been rejected! .. over and over . and then when I get a trade on it's too late, it's the wrong trade at the wrong time ..p*ssed off!

Your trade has been rejected! .. over and over . and then when I get a trade on it's too late, it's the wrong trade at the wrong time ..p*ssed off!
Yes CS have got problems processing all the orders coming through, combined with very high volatility. They are not dependable in such an extreme trading environment (this has become a norm lately). To their defense, I have also been rejected when the trade has gone against me. But this has not really helped, because I wanted to trade in the first place. I have several other SB that I alternate with when things get really jumpy.

I am talking about FX only here because I don't know what they are like for other things.

Trading with CS using market orders is stupid because you are exposed to risk that you may not be prepared to take. This is because markets orders are filled incredibly slowly and the price can move against you by a lot while you wait for it to go through so that you can adjust the stopp loss to the level you want. However, if you use only limit orders to open positions, then you can put on an 'if done' order which will protect you.

If your method requires you to work market orders, don't be a fool. Just avoid CS.

Looks like I am not the only one having problems.

CS has been terrible today, getting a trade rejected message when placing an order, then after having to log out and log back in, finding out it has actually be placed, and moved in the wrong direction.

After speaking to customer services they said they would speak to the dealer to reverse the trade but it was deemed that 12mins was too long a time for me to have called so the dealer refused. Glad I was only testing this site out with small amounts of cash, can't understand why anyone would trade on here with any real amount of money. At least Cantor know when they are in the wrong and treat their customers appropriately.

CS has been terrible today, getting a trade rejected message when placing an order, then after having to log out and log back in, finding out it has actually be placed, and moved in the wrong direction.

After speaking to customer services they said they would speak to the dealer to reverse the trade but it was deemed that 12mins was too long a time for me to have called so the dealer refused. Glad I was only testing this site out with small amounts of cash, can't understand why anyone would trade on here with any real amount of money. At least Cantor know when they are in the wrong and treat their customers appropriately.

Simon is the guy in charge at CS. I guarantee you that he will say none of this happens. He will add, while he is at it, that most people lose money trading as if that has anything to do with the price of fish.

CS is a terrible bookie, that is all there is to it.

Ive just requested my remaining balance back from CS. Ive had many problems getting trades on and off at the correct time. Ive noticed in the trades history section, it tells you the name of the dealer. As it always seems to be the same one depending on the time of day and market, it makes me think that this is just a case of understaffing. I guess like all other companies that CS keeps it overheads as low as it possibly can to increase its bottom line.

mclhrr: I shall be doing the same later today.

Do people have a prefered spreadbetter?

My only experiance is Cantor and CS, suddenly the few imperfections with Cantor seem insignificant.

mclhrr: I shall be doing the same later today.

Do people have a prefered spreadbetter?

My only experiance is Cantor and CS, suddenly the few imperfections with Cantor seem insignificant.

I am using Futuresbetting.com they are streets ahead of the others. But minimun account opening is £2,500

A mate just told me that a dealer from CS told him, 'I haven't got time' and hanged up the phone on him. WTF?!

Ive just requested my remaining balance back from CS. Ive had many problems getting trades on and off at the correct time. Ive noticed in the trades history section, it tells you the name of the dealer. As it always seems to be the same one depending on the time of day and market, it makes me think that this is just a case of understaffing. I guess like all other companies that CS keeps it overheads as low as it possibly can to increase its bottom line.

The dealer's name can just be the computer. Rest assured that CS's staff don't work 24 hour days!:)

if the name of the dealer is john then its the computer.

you get a real dealer if you are over a certain amount per point, a scalper or there is high volatility.

Just dumped my capital spreads account after it took six minutes to fill an order on their FTSE index.

When it's busy at Sainsbury's they put some more people on the checkouts don't they??!

its look like everyone is on real dealer at the moment? all my trades that used to be handled by the computer now have dealer names on them. even the £1pt on things like shaz and short stirling which are hardly big movers. IG is still instant although i find them more expensive to use.

Isn't it amazing that Capital Spreads actually exist? I just tried a series of £1/pip trades and they are all filled with ridiculously long delays. Why do people day trade with them? It is astounding to me they even exist, it really is. What a fking joke.