Best Thread Capital Spreads

tar

if you make these trades and make guaranteed profits then you are quite welcome to try it. any trade made at a legitimate price is a fair trade as far as we are concerned. I also know a guaranteed way to make money on SB FX forwards (but dont ask because I am not going to tell anyone, it is not difficult to work out) but you would have to put up quite a bit of margin to be sure not to be stopped out on one side and this might make the whole excersise uneconomic on the basis of income loss on margin used.

ascon

fair enough i will ask more questions of my staff

simon

The problem with FX forwards that there is a gap in price compared to the spot rate .

Capitals-

Can you add a share called, Southern Copper (code PCU), an American share to trade?
It is quite big cap. stock, $22b

Thanks.

I fear my faith is slipping!

Simon

I have been a long term client of yours, I never made much money and I expect that you have, over the past few years, taken far more from me that I have from you. Thank goodness this is a hobby not a profession! I have always enjoyed good service and have had few issues with CS - just about every issue has been resolved by granting me the benefit of the doubt.

Recently though, there has been a bit of a change. Mostly this occurs when I am trying to close a losing position. It remains open and after a few seconds I get a message saying there has been some sort of an error - in the mean time the market has moved against me. It has never occurred when the market has moved in my favour. I have also recently increased my account value and am making bigger bets.

Is this an intentional attempt to grab a few extra quid from a losing position or is it honestly just a concidence?

Sir Francu-is I too keep getting "error trade" Price not valid and also many times switching bewtween OPEN position screen, Order BOOK, Popular markets etc - and as if screen freezez with "blank ticket" and have to try logging in and out etc and problems getting in and out of platform - really doing my head in. I have been with Capital for a Long time But unless Simon et al do something am unfortunately coming to a pont where I have to let my legs do the talking. We hear techies are doing work upgrading etc but seems to be getting worse than better - so please Simon et al help us out will ya

rgds

Tar

Interesting you notice tradefair's platform is similar to cs as this website

FSA Register

from fsa suggest they are connected companies if not the same LCG operating under different names - altogether 19? and their agents?- betfair ltd and paddypower financial ltd.

Thanks for highlighting it - made me realise they are all the same company - LCG

Tar

Interesting you notice tradefair's platform is similar to cs as this website

FSA Register

from fsa suggest they are connected companies if not the same LCG operating under different names - altogether 19? and their agents?- betfair ltd and paddypower financial ltd.

Thanks for highlighting it - made me realise they are all the same company - LCG

WOW!! Now that's an eye opener, check out City Index FSA Register

:idea: I think we're going about this money making business from the wrong angle, we all need to become white labels SB brokers setup lots of links on websites and make lots of money from the commissions on the spreads!

ForGet Trading EH!! :devilish:

(Of course I'm being a smart a**:LOL:;))

Last edited:
Yes, but the fact that I stopped using them a year or two ago should provide all the answers!:)
One year is a awful long time in this business, where things changes very fast. However, trade rejections and error messages are popping up more frequently now. I also hope this is of a temporary art.

I sent it back to them. 95% of spreadbet companies offer a 2 point spread after hours on the ftse. Capital spreads is still 4 point. They wonder why people move on, haven't they heard ftse fut are now traded till 9pm on euronext. I do take we offer the tightest spreads in the market with a pinch of salt. 1pt the ftse is becoming the norm and the last remaining 2pt spread will sb's will have to other 1pt spread. What will CS do then.

I sent it back to them. 95% of spreadbet companies offer a 2 point spread after hours on the ftse. Capital spreads is still 4 point. They wonder why people move on, haven't they heard ftse fut are now traded till 9pm on euronext. I do take we offer the tightest spreads in the market with a pinch of salt. 1pt the ftse is becoming the norm and the last remaining 2pt spread will sb's will have to other 1pt spread. What will CS do then.
Give a few examples of SB who is offering 2 point spread on the FTSE after hours?

Yes, as of now, both these SB have wider spread compared to that of CS.
Today is a bank holiday at uk and ig offer FTSE100 at 6 point but in normal days 2 points untill 21:00 this is good for scalping after LSE close while us markets open . i just opened account with IG and i will check which service is better , i dont care to pay 1 pip more for a better service , at fx they have same spread like CS at most , AUD at 2 instead of 3 at CS . They have less margin req. and a wide range of products including options on shares , i will c how is trading with them .

Today is a bank holiday at uk and ig offer FTSE100 at 6 point but in normal days 2 points untill 21:00 this is good for scalping after LSE close while us markets open . i just opened account with IG and i will check which service is better , i dont care to pay 1 pip more for a better service , at fx they have same spread like CS at most , AUD at 2 instead of 3 at CS . They have less margin req. and a wide range of products including options on shares , i will c how is trading with them .
6 point spread out off hours is really not good. Also in general I am not prepared to pay 100% extra spread with my kind of trading style on the FTSE. CS will probably have to adjust their spread in line with IG and GFT out off hours up to 21:00.

6 point spread out off hours is really not good. Also in general I am not prepared to pay 100% extra spread with my kind of trading style on the FTSE. CS will probably have to adjust their spread in line with IG and GFT out off hours up to 21:00.
6 points yah but u can exit from ftse overnight ( u never know what will happen at night ) not like CS u cant exit untill 7 am , this is one of the good things at IG they offer 24 hour trading , I lost few k's at CS on us oil ( it is my mistake i admit ) but i couldnt exit overnight untill 8 am , anyway i will take my money back from CS :) soon . Ftse traders pay 1 point more at Ig in hours and 2 point less out of hours , so it is cheaper for me at IG as i trade Ftse while us market is open as well . as i said i want to see where is better as a whole service .

6 points yah but u can exit from ftse overnight ( u never know what will happen at night ) not like CS u cant exit untill 7 am , this is one of the good things at IG they offer 24 hour trading , I lost few k's at CS on us oil ( it is my mistake i admit ) but i couldnt exit overnight untill 8 am , anyway i will take my money back from CS :) soon . Ftse traders pay 1 point more at Ig in hours and 2 point less out of hours , so it is cheaper for me at IG as i trade Ftse while us market is open as well . as i said i want to see where is better as a whole service .
I understand your point, but still, one have other means of hedging a position in a critical situation. When it comes to oil, I agree, it is absolutely necessary to protect your position around the clock.

Last edited:
I understand your point, but still, one have other means of hedging a position in a critical situation. When it comes to oil, I agree, it is absolutely necessary to protect your position round the clock.
Even Dow and Ftse u should protect yourself , what i will do if i were in and a breaking news came at night ,,, Cs dont have garanteed stop loss 2 . sometimes dow moves 2 figure points overnight ( ex.60 point ) , Ig offer these markets if anytime u want to enter or exit u can do and u pay 2 pip more only . they offer some quarterly uk shares afetr 16:30untill 21:00 .