Best Thread Capital Spreads

any incorrect stops/orders/limits were reversed and clients recredited with funds etc etc..if anyone feels that we have missed them pls contact us.

cool we had an upgrade over the week end which caused some probs but seems to have been sorted now.

Simon

Just to add my penny worth, I have been stopped out premature today as well. Have mailed them about it.

capitalspreads said:
any incorrect stops/orders/limits were reversed and clients recredited with funds etc etc..if anyone feels that we have missed them pls contact us.

cool we had an upgrade over the week end which caused some probs but seems to have been sorted now.

Simon

Nice one Simon blame it on IT.. It is the same this morning.. Trade rejections are back in play.

Here's another one for you. My open position keeps appearing and disappearing. :confused: Nice eh! Now I think you should really talk to IT. ;)

Now my open positions are not showing but the ones I closed out 2hrs ago are. Add in the poor start today with ftse and dax closed at open, yesterdays all too common 'cant trade fx over data release' and it is not a good week. Using Oanda now for all fx trades. Seems to me like CS are going the way of the others now. Not good enough CS.

No point in moaning at every blip, they are Spread Betting firms and not the real market but even the real market can have IT glitches,

A bad workman etc...

ian said:
No point in moaning at every blip, they are Spread Betting firms and not the real market but even the real market can have IT glitches,

A bad workman etc...

It wasn't a blip it is an increasing number of 'blips'. Real market or not, makes no difference, whats the point there? When you are sitting in trades you cant close out and take less profit due to their systems playing up (again) its hardly the workmans fault, I've done my bit, cash on the table, trades open and funnily enough I also expect to use once it is in my account, not when they allow me to.

fmb said:
It wasn't a blip it is an increasing number of 'blips'. Real market or not, makes no difference, whats the point there? When you are sitting in trades you cant close out and take less profit due to their systems playing up (again) its hardly the workmans fault, I've done my bit, cash on the table, trades open and funnily enough I also expect to use once it is in my account, not when they allow me to.

Now that would be like giving you a fair chance :LOL:

charts

Simon,

I was looking to possibly use capitalspreads to try out a few strategies on different markets as you offer such great margin and tax free opportunities :LOL: .

The problem I have is I use metatrader for my charts and your bid/ask is rarely inline with theirs and on a market like USD/NOK, precision is vital.

Looking at your charts it shows you use....

http://www.it-finance.com/index.phtml

With the current package being....

ITcharts light

Is there any plans of upgrading to something like the below instead in the future. You current package is terrible and IMO I cannot work from them and certainly not trade from metatrader with your platform.

ITCharts compact

I'm sure your clients would appreciate it and it would only help your business. It would also minimize arguments and problems regards offering fair realistic prices as everyone would be working from the same songsheet as it were.

Attachments

• ideal.gif
    ideal.gif
    45.6 KB · Views: 171
  • current light.gif
    current light.gif
    42.6 KB · Views: 210
capitalspreads said:

Simon

I logged in this morning - my money, positions, orders and markets all disappeared, unable to do anything. I would like to check my positions/stops, I cant do that and as a result I could lose money.

NOT IMPRESSED this morning, Simon you need to get management to have some serious words with your technical dept.

I am getting error messages when logging in. Now that I am logged in I cannot see anything in my account. I cannot see pricess. This is not a nice way to start the day. No balance nothing....

Surely you did not do any upgrade overnight did you?

I have much the same problem cool trader, no access at all! I guess I'll move over to my reserve account.

update overnight

our IT failed to take account of a small(!!) glitch and put the upgrade live at 4.30 this morning. It then took them almost 3 hours to remove the problem. Fortunately we were open before the general market opening at 8 and very luckily for us the FX markets did precisely nothing in the spare time. In fact it saved a few of our clients who would have been stopped out in the intervening time but were not due to the down time.

Our IT development team have been suitably lined up against a wall and my dealers who subsequently spent the early morning frantically answering calls from concerned clients were happy to pull the trigger.

Simon

wasp

it is difficult for me to answer your request because our charts come straight from our quotes ( i.e where you can actually trade) I can assure you that our feeds are very good indeed and frankly I would trust my prices above metatraders chart levels.

If you feel our prices are different to meta traders then there should be an opportunity for you to arbitrage between the two.

Simon

capitalspreads said:
wasp

it is difficult for me to answer your request because our charts come straight from our quotes ( i.e where you can actually trade) I can assure you that our feeds are very good indeed and frankly I would trust my prices above metatraders chart levels.

If you feel our prices are different to meta traders then there should be an opportunity for you to arbitrage between the two.

Simon

Simon,

I have no qualms over your feeds at all and would prefer to trade direct from your charts. My issue actually lies in the simplicity of your platform and would prefer to use a chart package slightly more comprehensive is all. (Hence the additional Metatrader).

Regards

wasp