Best Thread Capital Spreads

OK - at least I'm not alone in the world out there in not being able to get to my account. Hope that it's a similar issue that blocked access previously and will clear up. The only other option for accessing through work would be City Index, which I'm loathe to do!!!!
Chris

chindl said:
OK - at least I'm not alone in the world out there in not being able to get to my account. Hope that it's a similar issue that blocked access previously and will clear up. The only other option for accessing through work would be City Index, which I'm loathe to do!!!!
Chris

Chris,

Try Worldspreads. Very fast and convenient at work. And losses are fast and incovenient as well :)

Good trading,

Hung

chindl said:
Chris

Same here - CS been blocked since Friday. Happened earlier this year but was ok a week later.

IGindex blocked too.

Fins is ok but crap platform - Screen comes up but no trade entry etc.

mombasa said:
Same here - CS been blocked since Friday. Happened earlier this year but was ok a week later.

IGindex blocked too.

Fins is ok but crap platform - Screen comes up but no trade entry etc.
you're better off being blocked! sick to death of getting price rejected by their neanderthal platform, just tried to close a scalp for 10 ticks profit,got rejected 3 times and ended up losing 33 ticks...absolutely disgraceful. cs get you're house in order. we're not talking end-of the-world price movement here, just simple quick intra-day activity. its got to the stage where im getting scared of entering a trade on my capspreads account because i just dont know if ill be able to exit it should the need arise.

hoggums, fxwinner

we are a quoted company and thus give quite a lot of info about trade volumes in our market data. If you look at IG and Fins who also give trade volumes data you will find the same thing. For you to have got a trade ticket 1000 apart from one day to next you will have to have traded late on one day and early the next.

We are not sure about the connectivity problems as we appear to have no probs this end. If problems persist maybe you could call us on 0207 665 9430 and ask to talk to the client IT help desk and maybe we can get to the bottom of it.

simon

Last edited:
capitalspreads said:
We are not sure about the connectivity problems as we appear to have no probs this end. If problems persist maybe you could call us on 0207 665 9430 and ask to talk to the client IT help desk and maybe we can get to the bottom of it.
simon

Simon, Don't think its a problem at your end. The firewall at my company is blocking 'unsuitable' sites. Capital Spreads is classed as 'Gambling' and in blacklisted :(

Yep - same here - it's a block on the proxy. Your site probably breaches a string in which betting is mentioned too many times. One of two things must have happened over the weekend; the company for which I and the others who are now being blocked work for have updated their firewall proxies with new software to block certain content or Caps have placed some additional content on their site over the weekend on some of their pages and this is causing our proxy to pick it up and block it. I suspect it's the former. Strange that it happened before then the proxy later allowed the content through after a few days. Ah well, will have to look at going direct now through Oanda for short term currencies, as that seems to allow me through.
Chris

chindl said:
Yep - same here - it's a block on the proxy. Your site probably breaches a string in which betting is mentioned too many times. One of two things must have happened over the weekend; the company for which I and the others who are now being blocked work for have updated their firewall proxies with new software to block certain content or Caps have placed some additional content on their site over the weekend on some of their pages and this is causing our proxy to pick it up and block it. I suspect it's the former. Strange that it happened before then the proxy later allowed the content through after a few days. Ah well, will have to look at going direct now through Oanda for short term currencies, as that seems to allow me through.
Chris

Yep same here - no day trading on CS anymore.

Strangely IG had a emergency release last night and now my streaming prices are working again..

Error-1

Has anyone had Error-1 come up when trying to access CS charts? I have the latest version of Java, tried allowing pop ups, disabling firewall, Java box ticked in advanced internet options. Can anyone help?

Robbie roo

if this persists can you give our tech guys a ring on our customer services number and we will try to find out what the problem is.

simon

since today

EUREX - new trading hours ;)

Attachments

• cs.png
    cs.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 237
Thoughts about IG ??!

Just as a matter of interest, and feel free to ignore it if you like, but why no longer an IG better?

Joke

I see that the shocking shower in the Capital Spreads shed are once again performing to the highest standard.

The site has been down for 20 mins but hey no problem its only the middle of the US session so I guess no one is that bothered!

I use them to test trades so it doesn't clutter up my main trading account but how on earth anyone trades with them as a main SB or broker is beyond me.

For example this morning in a market that was not fast moving it took FIVE minutes for a stop to be executed after it had been hit. Mind you my own personal record with them is 17 mins from stop being hit to being executed so you could say its improving.

What do they run this place with, a bunch of monkeys on YTS sitting at Commodore 64's?

I would be very embarrased if I worked there, Simon talks a good game but clearly is unable to deliver!

Ripcord

i am not going to hide behind silence, yesterday we had our worst ever downtime in 3 years due to some computer failure that is being analysed as i write.

Order fills are very difficult beasts .... all I can say is that you know you will be filled (and you can always ring us) .. our problem is that we along with other SB companies quote some 2000 markets and we have to check each and every order activation to show that it is fair and reasonable TO THE CLIENT not to us. When the markets make a large move about 400 orders get activated in a second, of course they then take time to fill. If you have delay on an order fill it can only really work in your favour because if you know the order is going to be filled you may have a opportunity to trade out at a better level (thus cancelling the stop order). i.e stop loss sell in cable at 1.8680, market hits this level and then bounces immediately to 1.8905. If you are quick you can sell at 1.8905 before we activate the stop this will cancel the stop and save you 25 pips.

We are going to switch some markets to automatic order fills (FX and Indices are market that springs to mind) but we need to ensure that this does not create problems with outprints activating rogue trades.

Simon

capitalspreads said:
Ripcord

you may have a opportunity to trade out at a better level (thus cancelling the stop order). i.e stop loss sell in cable at 1.8680, market hits this level and then bounces immediately to 1.8905. If you are quick you can sell at 1.8905 before we activate the stop this will cancel the stop and save you 25 pips.

Simon

Must admit Simon is right here that has happened to me in the past. I have said in the past once you can improve your executions "consistently" on spreadbetting side there is no other platform like yours. With excellent customer service. Make it work Simon!

capitalspreads said:
Ripcord
We are going to switch some markets to automatic order fills (FX and Indices are market that springs to mind) but we need to ensure that this does not create problems with outprints activating rogue trades.

Simon

I'd be very interested to hear about this - FX is my main trading domain, as it were, so the opportunity to deal with a computer rather than having orders manually checked would be superb. Any more news on when and if this is a permanent move?

capitalspreads said:
Ripcord

If you have delay on an order fill it can only really work in your favour because if you know the order is going to be filled you may have a opportunity to trade out at a better level (thus cancelling the stop order). i.e stop loss sell in cable at 1.8680, market hits this level and then bounces immediately to 1.8905. If you are quick you can sell at 1.8905 before we activate the stop this will cancel the stop and save you 25 pips.

-------------
Does the above mean that you can effectively cancel an order that's waiting to be filled? Never used CS, but I don't think this is what happened wih other SB firms. Pretty sure that with AN Other company you couldn't do anything while the fill was grinding through the system.

Ripcord said:
I see that the shocking shower in the Capital Spreads shed are once again performing to the highest standard.

The site has been down for 20 mins but hey no problem its only the middle of the US session so I guess no one is that bothered!

I use them to test trades so it doesn't clutter up my main trading account but how on earth anyone trades with them as a main SB or broker is beyond me.

For example this morning in a market that was not fast moving it took FIVE minutes for a stop to be executed after it had been hit. Mind you my own personal record with them is 17 mins from stop being hit to being executed so you could say its improving.

What do they run this place with, a bunch of monkeys on YTS sitting at Commodore 64's?

I would be very embarrased if I worked there, Simon talks a good game but clearly is unable to deliver!

There's a lot of SB bashing around at the moment and just to be contraire I have a few observations.

I had an account with Capital Spreads a while back and graduated onto others including Etrade and IB for various reasons - two reasons being I like to short term trade and spreads aren't conducive to this style and I never felt quite connected to the market aka their prices.

However in their favour:

1. They fill a space in the market for the under-capitalised newbie trader dipping their tootsies in the toxic swamp that is the financial markets.

2. They are a good incentive for many to continue with their paper rounds.

3. Their customer service compared to IB is like comparing Florence Nightingale to Dr. Mengele.

4. Transferring funds in and out is a breeze.

5. Where would Trade2Whinge be without spread betting companies? :cheesy:

rols said:
There's a lot of SB bashing around at the moment and just to be contraire I have a few observations.

I had an account with Capital Spreads a while back and graduated onto others including Etrade and IB for various reasons - two reasons being I like to short term trade and spreads aren't conducive to this style and I never felt quite connected to the market aka their prices.

However in their favour:

1. They fill a space in the market for the under-capitalised newbie trader dipping their tootsies in the toxic swamp that is the financial markets.

2. They are a good incentive for many to continue with their paper rounds.

3. Their customer service compared to IB is like comparing Florence Nightingale to Dr. Mengele.

4. Transferring funds in and out is a breeze.

5. Where would Trade2Whinge be without spread betting companies? :cheesy:

By all accounts, it seems like SB is the unloved nursery where many traders began their market careers. SB has many drawbacks and aggravations, but again, it's a lot easier to run a tight ship with a SB account than it is to drum up £50,000+ to trade elsewhere. It's the leverage that is the beauty of it too!