Best Thread Capital Spreads

Undoubtedly CS had huge technical problems today. If one trade during such times on the platform one must as a trader take the consequences and not blame the SB.

If you call turning the power button to off a technical problem LOL. missed the point... you can't put an order through when they do this... it's not a case of if you want to trade... one simply can't.

If you call turning the power button to off a technical problem LOL. missed the point... you can't put an order through when they do this... it's not a case of if you want to trade... one simply can't.
With all respect, if there is a technical problem like today, why trade if you are unsure how they will execute your order? I notice the problem, I were extremely careful as one could get slippage or not get executed at all.

They are on average, very good. Today's problems are certainly not common. I agree. Best to not use the platform and perhaps hedge your positions with another SB if you have open positions. Hope they get back to their usual performance soon.

If they have a serious technical problem they should just close down the platform, not let clients trade and suffer.

If they have a serious technical problem they should just close down the platform, not let clients trade and suffer.
Well in the end responsibility falls on you as a trader. No matter what they should do or not. You are the one losing money, and if you notice it is hard to get executed and the price feed is all over the place, do yourself a favor, stop trading until the problem is solved.

There are also bars of gradually increasing length which seems to show whether the connection is bad or not. This thing has been one bar for quite some time for me today. Is everyone else okay or are the technical problems dragging on from yesterday?

There are also bars of gradually increasing length which seems to show whether the connection is bad or not. This thing has been one bar for quite some time for me today. Is everyone else okay or are the technical problems dragging on from yesterday?
The few trades I have done today I have had no problem with.

If CS have had real technical issues the last two days then I'll eat my shorts. It's not an accident that their platform goes down for 30 mins at the exact same time as the two biggest news events of this week are released. They don't want you to trade then as it is to risky for them. As soon as the market quiets down and goes back into chop they turn it back on as they are happy for you to trade in that crap as it is almost always a losing proposition for the trader. As for order overflow... poppycock! They use filtered prices so their number crunching is minimal. A real technical problem is a server meltdown... this is nothing more than broker manipulation.

If CS have had real technical issues the last two days then I'll eat my shorts. It's not an accident that their platform goes down for 30 mins at the exact same time as the two biggest news events of this week are released. They don't want you to trade then as it is to risky for them. As soon as the market quiets down and goes back into chop they turn it back on as they are happy for you to trade in that crap as it is almost always a losing proposition for the trader. As for order overflow... poppycock! They use filtered prices so their number crunching is minimal. A real technical problem is a server meltdown... this is nothing more than broker manipulation.
Absolutely not, I have been trading with them for 6 years, CS just don't manipulate but they can have technical problems, that is true. The price feed went wild yesterday, I noticed it immediately and also a call sign came up on some indices. It was also hard to log in at times. During news time one should be careful trading with SB anyway, just too risky. What CS can do is to put you on referral to a dealer during news releases, this is well known and applies to all clients.

I suggest you have a look at Prospreads.com, apparently they don't have dealer intervention and the now they offer mini-lots. I do not trade live with them at the moment but will for sure do it in the near future.

Last edited:
Thanks. have had my eye on prospreads for a while. just opened an account with mirus so see how that goes. Will use CS for position trades and longer term as they are reliable for that.

I guess you had better develop a constitution that enables the digestion of your shorts:)

I saw problems back on Tuesday and after a rather pointless discussion with customer service in which my internet connection was blamed ( I had two running concurrently "ADSL and Cable" ) followed by Firefox, Adobe Flash Player etc etc etc. it became obvious that my query was way above the technical training of the rep. I have no criticism of the young lady but there appeared to be no technical backing and as I was one of the first complainants she logically determined that I had local issues.

She did state that they had updated software at the beginning of the week and that I might be better switching to Chrome but it made no difference at all.

I ran concurrent ISP stability checkers alongside the connections and they showed rock solid whereas the histogram bars showing signal strength to CS's site were all over the place dropping from excellent to bad to red cross off in the blink of an eye. The only logical way that checker can work is with a heartbeat ping back to the client and as I viewed it became obvious that the problem was related to server\site loading affecting the signal checking and nothing to do with ISP integrity. In other words the busier the site the worse the non related customer experience so busy (news) periods are most affected.

I do not wish to criticise CS because of all the SB companies I have looked at, I rate them as the best, for my near future purposes. Comments that imply rigging which I know for certain is technical are completely out of order and IMO totally wrong.

I sincerely hope that CS get this problem resolved quickly and get back to the solid reliability of the recent past. I am winding down my activity and interest in DMA trading with the intention of more relaxed SB trading and have tested the SB offerings in finite detail. IMO there are only two that are worth my longer term interest with CS winning on price spreads. Other companies have experienced problems with upgrades in the past and overcome them which is what CS must do quickly. I feel sure that they will.

I guess you had better develop a constitution that enables the digestion of your shorts:)

I saw problems back on Tuesday and after a rather pointless discussion with customer service in which my internet connection was blamed ( I had two running concurrently "ADSL and Cable" ) followed by Firefox, Adobe Flash Player etc etc etc. it became obvious that my query was way above the technical training of the rep. I have no criticism of the young lady but there appeared to be no technical backing and as I was one of the first complainants she logically determined that I had local issues.

She did state that they had updated software at the beginning of the week and that I might be better switching to Chrome but it made no difference at all.

I ran concurrent ISP stability checkers alongside the connections and they showed rock solid whereas the histogram bars showing signal strength to CS's site were all over the place dropping from excellent to bad to red cross off in the blink of an eye. The only logical way that checker can work is with a heartbeat ping back to the client and as I viewed it became obvious that the problem was related to server\site loading affecting the signal checking and nothing to do with ISP integrity. In other words the busier the site the worse the non related customer experience so busy (news) periods are most affected.

I do not wish to criticise CS because of all the SB companies I have looked at, I rate them as the best, for my near future purposes. Comments that imply rigging which I know for certain is technical are completely out of order and IMO totally wrong.

I sincerely hope that CS get this problem resolved quickly and get back to the solid reliability of the recent past. I am winding down my activity and interest in DMA trading with the intention of more relaxed SB trading and have tested the SB offerings in finite detail. IMO there are only two that are worth my longer term interest with CS winning on price spreads. Other companies have experienced problems with upgrades in the past and overcome them which is what CS must do quickly. I feel sure that they will.

If I can add that at exactly the same times as have been mentioned here Tradefair was experiencing a "problem" of identical nature. As my trades are very small on that Platform I let I ride and it worked out more or less even. Rather than the instant execution with zero slippage the trade was just dragging on until expiry and nothing I could do on my screen would interrupt it. Wasn't awaiting "dealer response" but just timed out 4-5 times.

Do you ever give up being a total idiot and fool.....??
How is it that I and a multitude of others going by PM's received, can see that the same 6-7 posters on this entire forum, derail and destruct the status quo on every sub forum, but yet the Owners/Admin/Moderators cannot see how much traffic that must be lost, because of these same agitators every time........
Pick any sub forum and they are there at it......??

I have clicked on a fair number of ads which must generate income for the site but how much is lost from others turned off within 10 posts by the same dsyfunctional posters......??

I attempted to start a thread with Live Trades last week provided by 2 very big traders absolutely free of charge with nothing expected, but totally destroyed by the same clowns with their cynical attitudes and abuse.....

I would be grateful if the owners/admin could respond to my comments here for all to read please....:(

How is it that I and a multitude of others going by PM's received, can see that the same 6-7 posters on this entire forum, derail and destruct the status quo on every sub forum, but yet the Owners/Admin/Moderators cannot see how much traffic that must be lost, because of these same agitators every time........

I have clicked on a fair number of ads which must generate income for the site but how much is lost from others turned off within 10 posts by the same dsyfunctional posters......??

I attempted to start a thread with Live Trades last week provided by 2 very big traders absolutely free of charge with nothing expected, but totally destroyed by the same clowns with their cynical attitudes and abuse.....

I would be grateful if the owners/admin could respond to my comments here for all to read please....:(

No-one has stopped you from posting these Live Trades provided by 2 very big traders free of charge with nothing expected. Have you considered that without these 'dysfunctional posters' drawing attention to your thread it would hardly be noticed?

If you want to provide signals, then by all means go ahead.

Nobody takes you seriously, and it has nothing to do with me.

It is because 6 months ago (despite claiming to have years of successful trading experience) you started a thread asking what instrument you should spread bet to achieve a 12.5% annual drawdown. :LOL:

Or because you claim to make a lot of money following £25-a-month forex signals from JTrading (whose results show hundreds of "pips" per week profit and one losing week in the past year).

And because you cannot answer this simple question - if the signals were good, why would they sell them to chumps for a pittance, instead of trading them themselves to the maximum extent that liquidity would allow?

I can go on if you wish.

Third day I think of inconsistent connection. In terms of the histograms, I get poor (one histogram), bad (2), average (3) and good (4), and 5 I think is excellent which I have not had for the past 3 days.

What is strange is that whitelabel connections differ at the moment with capitalspreads. At the moment Cap is 3 and whitelabel 1. Is everyone else getting 5?

I am on holiday half way round the world so that could be a reason but I do think I was getting 5 bars before the recent inconsistencies. Frustrating really because I have missed a 90pip move.

Wish you all better trading than me.

twinj

not sure what would be causing differing connection parameters on the other side of the world. All our servers are housed in the same support centre but there may be issues concerning different front end platforms (FEPs).

as it happens i am getting 5!

concerning the issue last week. We had a twently minute problem with the new price engine which encountered an issue when it was stressed that had not been seen in testing. Clients will know that the next day saw the NFP at which the 'gaffer tape' solution proved to be very effective.

Notwithstanding some comments I can assure clients/readers that having issues at busy times is certainly NOT good for business. High trading periods are when we make the most money as clients trade more frequently and we make the spread far more frequently.

Not only this but it p*****es off our clients and an expensively acquired customer becomes...errr ... an ex-customer.

Simon