Best Thread Capital Spreads

I think there is very little protection with Prospreads as it is for professionals.

Is anyone else using Firefox? From time to time, Flash crashes and so the platform has to be reloaded as well as the charts. Is there some fix or I just have to wait for Adobe to find one?

I think there is very little protection with Prospreads as it is for professionals.

Is anyone else using Firefox? From time to time, Flash crashes and so the platform has to be reloaded as well as the charts. Is there some fix or I just have to wait for Adobe to find one?
I think the regulation in Gibraltar is just as tough as that of the regulation in the UK.

Google Chrome works fine for me, Firefox, yes a lot of problems with the Flash player, something to do with the new ver. of Adobe Flash player.

Last edited:
prospreads is indeed offering the services you mention. because of the commission charges it is still more expensive to trade than with CS but will no doubt get cheaper

it is not just a competitor for Capital Spreads but also for all other spread betting companies.

but, in reality, it will take some biz but not much as clients do seem to be (in the main) very loyal . at least ours do. And before anyone comments on the "Mr Angries" around the place i can assure u they are in the tiny minority as i suspect they are for most of our competitors. Rather like people's bank accounts the vast majority stick fast.

pro spreads will appeal to some clients (but not all). Because of the gaming duty and corporate tax differences i would actually prefer our clients to have accounts in the Gibraltan Unit rather than the UK !

Pro Spreads is now allowed to take retail clients which is why we developed the mini bet product.

Simon

6am

the problem is that if you ask a spread betting company to do this are you going to also ask every single futures exchange, CFD or FX trading platform to do the same ? . they offer the same product but do not call it a bet.

the only real difference is that we are honest and call all trading a bet .. because that is what it is.. you might call it 'investing' but in reality any type of trading is a bet that 'this will go up' or 'that will go down'.

if you look through our platforms you will find that we do offer 'self exclusion' where we agree not to allow a client to trade for six months, no matter what or how many times he asks

simon

As it's gone relatively quiet here I wondered if Simon would mind if I directed a few questions towards him?

1) Are you aware of a few platform issues lately such as sticking prices, sticking tickets and delays in pricing coming on line on Sunday evenings over the last couple of Weeks?

The most serious incident I encountered recently was entering a position but the ticket just kept on "working". I refreshed the browser and the ticket was gone, nothing was showing against my margin so I re-entered the trade and the same thing happened. Logged out and back in and still nothing. Then tried on another browser with the same result so just gave up.
Around 15 minutes later I logged back in and found both positions were now open. Fortunately they were in a profit!
Later on the same day I took another trade and the same thing happened - ticket kept on "working" but nothing happened. Soon after the market went significantly against me, but fortunately that time the trade never got executed though I was worried it would suddenly appear like the previous ones.

That's not an isolated problem, I run a forum and have come across 3 or 4 similar complaints over the last fortnight.

2) What calculation do you use for FTSE prices after hours, i.e 16:30 - 21:00 and 21:00 - 08:00 ? I thought I knew this, but recently my data hasn't been adding up. Same question applies to other Indices during Globex hours etc?

Finally, Following on from some initial FX market "spike issues" I raised here soon after opening a Caps account, I promised to update each time I posted here. It's been a year now and I've not had any problems since, although I run swing trades with wide stops so none of the spikes I've come across have actually reached my stop (or limit). Haven't experienced any spikes of the scale of the 2 I had in the first couple of Weeks (It was 500 point GBP:CHF spike and a similarly sized AUD:NZD spike that were not reflected by the underlying).

So next month I'm going to be in the US for a couple of weeks, does this mean I can't trade on my account?

I emailed CS and they told me not to use my account, but they signed off the message advising me to seek independent legal advice.

So yeah...shall I take this as a hint or just leave off my account while I'm away?

So next month I'm going to be in the US for a couple of weeks, does this mean I can't trade on my account?

I emailed CS and they told me not to use my account, but they signed off the message advising me to seek independent legal advice.

So yeah...shall I take this as a hint or just leave off my account while I'm away?
Yes you know when you arrive spending a few weeks in the big country "the land of the free" you are not so free anymore.:)

Issues again today, trying to exit a position and sticking ticket, first time "Price no longer available", second time, ticket just kept on "working", logged out and back in and the trade was still live, then finally exited the trade at a less desirable level.

£155 profit turned into a £95 profit.

Issues again today, trying to exit a position and sticking ticket, first time "Price no longer available", second time, ticket just kept on "working", logged out and back in and the trade was still live, then finally exited the trade at a less desirable level.

£155 profit turned into a £95 profit.

What sort of time frame are you trading on ? -- what is the duration of your trades ? - are you trying to pick off slow prices ? - havnt seen any issues on the platform myself of late..have you tried calling them and if so what have they said to you ?

Entered a DOW short at 13,078

Now trading at 12,919 and suddenly "Price expired" message coming up.

That's it, I can't afford to keep doing this. Caps account will now only be used for long term swing trade.

That's it, I can't afford to keep doing this. Caps account will now only be used for long term swing trade.

If you keep getting price expired message it's probably because the price has expired and the market has moved..your trying to hit a price thats probably not there - why dont you call them up and ask why you are having problems and post the reply - or try trading DMA !

The CS platform has been weird the last couple of days. Technical glitches, I should think they are working on it.

second day in a row they/ve done this. seems as soon as something happens in the market they switch off their platform. Happy to let you trade in chop but forget it when the market is trending strong. What a joke... you're either open for business or you're not. Enough of this mickey mouse outfit... time to find a real broker.

Had a quick look at your site RS2000 and i see your trading style is..

"My favourite and most successful trading style is most certainly scalping (remaining in trades for 2-3 seconds per trade, right up to 5 minutes), but it is extremely labour intensive."

This style will not work long term on ANY spread betting company I have used -
lets say your a consistent winner - how can the company possibly headge your trades ?? -- You need to scalp using DMA - no other way for you.

What sort of time frame are you trading on ? -- what is the duration of your trades ? - are you trying to pick off slow prices ? - havnt seen any issues on the platform myself of late..have you tried calling them and if so what have they said to you ?

Hi,

Haven't tried calling them no.

Previously used Caps for swing trades and IG for day trades, but switched round as financing appeared to be higher overall with Caps for the swings and some of those erroneous spikes from last year played on my mind.

IG are faultless when trading around data releases whereas Caps are usually problematic at both exceptionally low volumes and higher than average volumes, but over the last few Weeks I've encountered problems at various volume levels.

Admittedly, todays news was high volume, but waiting 5 - 10 mins for the ticket to expire before being able to attempt re-entry of the trade is just unacceptable.

Just had massive issues with the Dow (about 1:30). My charts were useless (at least 5 seconds lag) and my P/L was jumping around like crazy. Main window wasn't responsive either so I couldn't close when I wanted.

Technical issues during a volatile time? Very annoying.

Ok. noticed yet another little trick they seem to be working. Tried to sell twice on EUR and both orders are rejected as price was moving in my favour. Tried a 3rd time and that gets filled just as price snaps up so my postion is immediately down -5 pips. Capital spreads will be the next worldspreads mark my words. You can always tell they're up sht creek when they start resorting to these types of tricks to make a buck out of their customers.

Ok. noticed yet another little trick they seem to be working. Tried to sell twice on EUR and both orders are rejected as price was moving in my favour. Tried a 3rd time and that gets filled just as price snaps up so my postion is immediately down -5 pips. Capital spreads will be the next worldspreads mark my words. You can always tell they're up sht creek when they start resorting to these types of tricks to make a buck out of their customers.
Undoubtedly CS had huge technical problems today. If one trade during such times on the platform one must as a trader take the consequences and not blame the SB.