Best Thread Capital Spreads

What I like most about the Capital Spreads platform is that you can apply Guaranteed Stop Orders to existing trades after the event, i.e. when you've decided you really need one or when the price has moved sufficiently that the minimum distance for a GSO is where you would have placed the stop anyway. Most other providers allow a GSO only when you first open the trade.

james 1989

mmmmm.... as it would be illagal for us to act as you indicate i must assume that you are sending the requests to the wrong email address. If we did not pay money back then this thread would be absolutely stuffed with comments about it

if you have sent them to the right place it might be that we have responded but you did not like the response. i.e. that you had lost the money/or it was a promo funding that you did not qualify for

but maybe you can elaborate for the readers here

simon

markmc

I did not see it.

But..... In general I equate the language of a complainant in direct correlation to the veracity of the complaint.

those who accuse others of sharp practice are usually looking in a mirror

Simon

markmc

I did not see it.

But..... In general I equate the language of a complainant in direct correlation to the veracity of the complaint.

those who accuse others of sharp practice are usually looking in a mirror

Simon

Check your e-mails to review the post.

Your whole outfit is disgusting, look at my account '151755', and you will see my account funded and hopefully the multiple withdrawal requests and e-mails with it, unanswered.

I do not lie, and your accusations just go into the 'capitalspreads case' along with witholding customer money without reply.

I will be seeking compensation due to loss of capital since the first withdrawal request and loss of earnings from that capital in the months since the e-mails and requests, it is all documented Simon.

I hope this deters people from choosing you as a spreadbet provider, go with IG, they seem to have accountability.

Last edited:

just checked your account ...

you requested refund to Master Card... Customer support has sent you 5 emails over the past few months that Master Cards cannot be refunded (nothing to do with Capital Spreads.. Master Card do not permit gaming refunds).And requesting card details that we can refund to ..

Obviously you need to be told a sixth time

Customer support rang the two numbers that you gave .. no answer.

is the email address on your account not the email in box address that you look at?

I am sure that IG will appreciate your biz.

Simon

Last edited:

you requested refund to Master Card... Customer support has sent you 5 emails over the past few months that Master Cards cannot be refunded (nothing to do with Capital Spreads.. Master Card do not permit gaming refunds).And requesting card details that we can refund to ..

Simon

Why was the refund request to my debit card never dealt with?

I have had no reply by e-mail or telephone, that is a blatant lie.

I'll take this further on principle, not much point in conversing with the monkey at the bottom of the hierarchy who struggles to spell correctly.

IG are fantastic, i've tested the waters with small amounts and you have proved unreliable. IG have been brilliant and continue to be so when withdrawing larger amounts.

I think the quality shows up in the shares of the two.

https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=LON:LCG
https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=LON:IGG

Customers clearly are opting for reliability, not to be found at capitalspreads i'm afraid. Treating customers as Simon does wins nothing but withdrawals, if you can get one.

Wouldn't surprise me if London Capital Group goes bankrupt, just like the bucketshops that have gone before.

Customer support has sent you 5 emails

Some people do not want to use a telephone and there is no guarantee that email will be delivered (overzealous spam filters etc). Do you have other methods of communication?

For example IG has a secure mail feature. If I have a question I just ask it via their web interface and they answer in similar way. The email is not involved and for that reason cannot be lost.

Do you have a live chat support maybe?

Last edited:

is the email address on your account not the email in box address that you look at?

Simon

And, it is my primary e-mail address, I check the inbox and spam hourly, and how convenient the phones weren't answered, not much I can do to prove your lies here, but, evidence will speak, run to your bosses with a cup of tea and tell them to expect some legal communication within the next few days.

And, it is my primary e-mail address, I check the inbox and spam hourly, and how convenient the phones weren't answered, not much I can do to prove your lies here, but, evidence will speak, run to your bosses with a cup of tea and tell them to expect some legal communication within the next few days.
What is actually the problem, lost a lot of money recently trading with them? I found over the years trading with CS they run an honest operation. I think you are overreacting, they have procedures that need to be followed in order to withdraw money to a bank account. I have had similar issues with other SB but it is not a big problem really.

Last edited:
What is actually the problem, lost a lot of money recently trading wit them? I found over the years trading with CS they run an honest operation. I think you are overreacting, they have procedures that need to be followed in order to withdraw money to a bank account. I have had similar issues with other SB but it is not a big problem really.

Although i agree there is a certain procedure to be followed when asking for a refund , that being said but if you didn't have any problem with CS doesn't mean others didn't as well , maybe he should've called them ...

there is obviously something going wrong but for light i include the comment thread on your account.

21/02/2012 - reqd refund of £xxx.xx. MC **9820 checks on dc. Asked if we can send to one of other cards (Carly123)
23/02/2012 - client asked for same refund to MC again, asked again if ok to send to any of the debit cards in the account (JDeLaVegaH)
27/02/2012 - MC **9820 checks on n&a. Asked again if ok to send to any of the debit cards in the account. (MariJY)
28/02/2012 - client requested refund to MC again. Tried to call but no answer on either number. Sending 5th email advising we cannot refund to MC (Carly123)
01/03/2012 - asked for refund of xxx.xx, emailed for card (SaschaS)

i have blanked out the amounts although i would not be breaking state security in saying they are not large

since this date you traded the account again

With all due respect to the sizes on your account we refund over £100,000 a day on average to our clients. Withholding repayments would just be counter productive.

Simon

Although i agree there is a certain procedure to be followed when asking for a refund , that being said but if you didn't have any problem with CS doesn't mean others didn't as well , maybe he should've called them ...
I have had exactly the same problems withdrawing money from various SB, so what, I just follow the procedure they have and it will work fine.

run to your bosses with a cup of tea and tell them to expect some legal communication within the next few days.

Im certainly no fan of capital spreads but I think you should take this opportunity to resolve this issue with Simon by PM rather than wasting money on a solicitors letter, then take your money, and walk away.

I have had exactly the same problems withdrawing money from various SB, so what, I just follow the procedure they have and it will work fine.

Again you are talking about your experiences which is irrelvaent here , thy guy allegedly didnt get any emails or calls , it looks like a miscomunication problem , that being said i for one tried IG refunds to my credit card which was very smooth , and i've tried in the past refunds from CS to my cards which was a bit annoying , yes normal and legal but lets admit it it is annoying , i remember the gal asked me to send a scan for my credit card , so i did and i've covered all the numbers but the last 4 , she said no i want to see the full number ! i said no problem, i resent a full scan of my card , problem solved but it was annoying ! It is always very easy to fund your SB account but withdrawals can be a pain in the @@@

Again you are talking about your experiences which is irrelvaent here , thy guy allegedly didnt get any emails or calls , it looks like a miscomunication problem , that being said i for one tried IG refunds to my credit card which was very smooth , and i've tried in the past refunds from CS to my cards which was a bit annoying , yes normal and legal but lets admit it it is annoying , i remember the gal asked me to send a scan for my credit card , so i did and i've covered all the numbers but the last 4 , she said no i want to see the full number ! i said no problem, i resent a full scan of my card , problem solved but it was annoying ! It is always very easy to fund your SB account but withdrawals can be a pain in the @@@
Yes sure the same for me, but I don't carry on like I have been scammed.

i cannot obviously mention individual email addresses here but it does look like some miscommunication somewhere or possibly error on one side or the other (or possibly both!).

We have huge data systems within CS and every electronic action is recorded and retained for seven years (i think this is by law) so we should be able to investigate any trail.

Simon

Nothing much to do with this case, but I've never understood why it's possible to send SBs money in a millisecond but always have to wait days or weeks to get a refund.