Best Thread Capital Spreads

Swiss

if your wife opens the account and gives you power of attorney that is the best way to go forward.

I am afraid that I cannot actually give out company policy in this matter.

Simon

Thanks for the reply so late in the evening Simon. I did just read about that on your CS site and that looks the way foward for me. Anyway you want to get yourself home to the misses and one day you might become a kept man like me.

Thanks again & keep up the good work on this site

Cheers

SWISS

Mobile trading

capitalspreads said:
Spread betteur

a typical glytch that arrives without warning on an upgrade. I think we have amended it but we would welcome comments from client if we have missed something.

mobile trading is still just a concept for us ...sorry

Simon

Any chance of making the existing flash platform work on a pocket PC (e.g. Pocket Internet Explorer with pocket version of flash). At least WIFI enabled pocket PCs could check prices when out and about.

Capital Spreads is showing Electra closed at 946 when they actually closed at 917.5. Quite significant when you're short on them as I am! Anyone out there able to explain this to me?
Thanks,
James

The reason for this is that the final quote from the market was 907 bid - no offer .. this is obviously stupidly wide and only of interest if the market was open. But it isn't. This has not affected your margin requirement as this is already calculated from your stop level. So the only real effect is that overnight you will have an incorrect valuation.

Like all computer systems our price engine cannot differentiate between a real market price and a crock of ****. Which is why we have 'real human beings' watching the stop monitors not messrs IBM.

Do not worry tommorrow morning when the market opens it will come back into line.

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon

Having read all 144 pages of this thread over the w/e, I decided to fund my a/c this morning and give your platform a try. I must say that the execution on cable is much better than I had expected - in fact it was flawless. I made 20+ test trades and all were filled at the price I requested - superb.

The only niggle is this business of the trade ticket timing out. Intraday traders will have this ticket open most of the day. Is there a compromise here? Perhaps you could display the time left to timeout and provide a button on the ticket to reset the 4 minute timer... Also, if you are trying to weed out users who are leaving the trade ticket open for hours/days on end, perhaps you could increase the timeout from 4min to 20/30 min, say?

Keep up the good work :)

Steve

c6ackp said:
Hi Simon

Having read all 144 pages of this thread over the w/e, I decided to fund my a/c this morning and give your platform a try. I must say that the execution on cable is much better than I had expected - in fact it was flawless. I made 20+ test trades and all were filled at the price I requested - superb.

The only niggle is this business of the trade ticket timing out. Intraday traders will have this ticket open most of the day. Is there a compromise here? Perhaps you could display the time left to timeout and provide a button on the ticket to reset the 4 minute timer... Also, if you are trying to weed out users who are leaving the trade ticket open for hours/days on end, perhaps you could increase the timeout from 4min to 20/30 min, say?

Keep up the good work :)

Steve

or , :idea: , you could make the trade ticket timeless in the open positions page.It will be ideal not having the ticket expiring just as you are about to close a trade.

Account Summary Tab

Simon,

While you are still talking with the developers is it possible to have an export to excel functionality for the account position.

It is not very user friendly at the moment having to scroll down to look for trades and sometimes they are not ordered correctly.

If we have a pop-up that allows us to select dates we want to see or types of transaction we wish to see etc.. That will be great.

I must say your executions have improved tremendously that was the one thing I had problems with before. Keep up the improvements and we will stick with you :cheesy:

Cheers

Hi Simon,

I am interested in forex trading- problem is that u close at 9pm and with forex is being a 24hr mkt, it is not really viable to trade through u-

BUT i did hear someone saying that u will be extending the forex hrs ( Only) to 24hrs ? Is this still on the cards ?

I am looking to open a posiotn and close the next day.............

take care
Al

Spread Size

Simon

What decides the size of your spreads ?

I am especially interested in Rolling FX.

The our a few pairs where you match Deal4Free and others where you are wider. For instance
Euro Jap, I am trading with D4F as you are wider.

I am sure that if you matched D4F on all products you would rake in much more business.

Add me to the list who would like the non expiring trade ticket !

Have a good week.

Spread

demo account charts

It seems when i click the chart for the Dax daily, I get the chart for the Dax June.

Hi Simon

What was the reason for the switch to telephone trading/Closed in cable (rolling daily) @ ~0930 on 25/5?

Thanks,
Steve

c6ackp said:
Hi Simon

What was the reason for the switch to telephone trading/Closed in cable (rolling daily) @ ~0930 on 25/5?

Thanks,
Steve

comes with the territory :cheesy:

Hi Simon ,

Please what is the security of teh funds with capitalspreads and also do you hedge our trades or you keep them and hope for people to lose?

cheers

Seems like he only visits these boards occassionally......... but i bet he is a busy guy anyway-

Al

c6ackp

we had a satelite down time for a while and we had to put the system to telephone trading whilst we switched to our backup land line system. This does happen on very infrequent occassions and short of buying my own satelite there is not much else we can do.

cecja

we are FSA regulated and all client funds are held by Barclay bank in segregated accounts . Not only this but we have to keep the cash equivalent of all the client winning positions (at the end of the day) in the segregated account as well but are not allowed to subtract losing positions from this amount.
As we are FSA regulated we also come under the private client insurance policy run by the FSA which I think amounts to £48,000 per person.

As for hedging client positions ..... we run risk models within which we do nothing but when clients place positions greater than our acceptable risk we hedge. We quote 1880 different markets it would be ridiculous to hedge each and every position. Apart from instances where clients take very big positions in individual shares we tend to use FTSE futures to hedge our UK equity risk. As now that we have been around long enough for clients to build positions in a great number of shares we are in the position of having the equivalent of a tracker fund!
In FX we have a cross currency model which puts all the different positions into a pot and comes up with outright risk in each currency. We then go into the markets and hedge using the major crosses.
GBP/USD EUR/USD USD/JPY USD/CAD and AUS/USD.
In Indices we do pretty much the same thing in adjusting the risk factor for each market and then pooling the positions. So if the clients were long FTSE S&P and CAC and short Wall Street DAX and Nikkei we might have no hedge on at all as we recognise that although one market may move slightly out of line with another it is unlikely that say the FTSE is going to rally big time with the S&P falling. The less we have to pay in broking cost and margin rates the better.

When we come to individual clients there is sometimes a variation in this as some are very good and we may decide to follow him/her by overhedging or a client may be recognised as terrible in which case we will leave them to get on with it. For instance yesterday clients won in total £16,000 whilst the hedge book made £32,000. (quite a good day for us)

spreadbetteur

sorry for the late reply. I will look at our FX prices and see what we can do! it looks like some of the prices may be able to come in a pip.

Good Luck over the numbers today

Simon

sbguy

all of our charts are linked to whichever market our prices are based on. So all the wall street charts are of the June eMini. And the FTSE are of the June Liffe Future.

You must look in the top LH side of the chart and you will see the Ticker of the chart concerned.

Simon