Best Thread Capital Spreads

hi all

the greying out of prices is (oddly enough) not actually a Capital Spreads problem. it is a Reuters pricing problem that has arisen in the last month or so. it happens for some five/ten seconds a few times a day but is not related to excces activity or anything else that we can actually measure.

we do have a solution with multi source price systems (which was in development anyway) but we are waiting for a bit of back office upgrade to implement it. Should be online in the next couple of weeks.

In reality we have not seen any measurable impact on clients but we are naturally as concerned as anyone to ensure continuity of price action.

Simon

hi all

the greying out of prices is (oddly enough) not actually a Capital Spreads problem. it is a Reuters pricing problem that has arisen in the last month or so. it happens for some five/ten seconds a few times a day but is not related to excces activity or anything else that we can actually measure.

we do have a solution with multi source price systems (which was in development anyway) but we are waiting for a bit of back office upgrade to implement it. Should be online in the next couple of weeks.

In reality we have not seen any measurable impact on clients but we are naturally as concerned as anyone to ensure continuity of price action.

Simon
Thanks a lot Simon.:)

hi all

Simon

Thank you for your reply.

It would be very much appreciated if you could post when the greying out problem is overcome. It is inappropriate to expect you to either discuss or elaborate on why there is a problem but irrespective of source or cause it does represent a problem until resolved.

Perhaps I have been spoilt using DMA for so many years but unreliable platforms or supporting infrastructures are or should be history. 5 or 10 seconds may not appear to be very long but in some markets when prices are really on the move either of those amounts of time can feel like a lifetime. Oddly enough the amount of time is irrelevant but the unknown of when will it come back is somewhat more relevant. You would be amazed at how much can be lost in either profits or losses in 10 seconds in a fast market. You must have a very tolerant client base if it's unmeasurable.

I liked your platform and was about to sign up when I saw the post which led to a question mark. Your spreads are good (for my purposes), your honesty appreciated and I will revisit the prospect of becoming a client when I see a post which states that the problem is history.

It would be very much appreciated if you could post when the greying out problem is overcome. It is inappropriate to expect you to either discuss or elaborate on why there is a problem but irrespective of source or cause it does represent a problem until resolved.

Perhaps I have been spoilt using DMA for so many years but unreliable platforms or supporting infrastructures are or should be history. 5 or 10 seconds may not appear to be very long but in some markets when prices are really on the move either of those amounts of time can feel like a lifetime. Oddly enough the amount of time is irrelevant but the unknown of when will it come back is somewhat more relevant. You would be amazed at how much can be lost in either profits or losses in 10 seconds in a fast market. You must have a very tolerant client base if it's unmeasurable.

I liked your platform and was about to sign up when I saw the post which led to a question mark. Your spreads are good (for my purposes), your honesty appreciated and I will revisit the prospect of becoming a client when I see a post which states that the problem is history.
I am quite sure they will take care of this problem. I was kind of surprised to see it appear a month ago as this kind of "greying out" of prices is not anything I have been previously experience trading with CS. But I agree, one has to be careful trading big with them as long as this problem exist.

I am quite sure they will take care of this problem. I was kind of surprised to see it appear a month ago as this kind of "greying out" of prices is not anything I have been previously experience trading with CS. But I agree, one has to be careful trading big with them as long as this problem exist.

They are working on the problem and appear to have a time window for rectification so it does look promising for current and prospective clients.

IMO you do not need to be trading big to get hurt as if things go wrong too often the cumulative effect can be painful. I would find it almost impossible to deal with a flaky head end but it looks like that will soon be history.

BTW thanks for replying. It looks as though we both have a clearer view of the near future:)

They are working on the problem and appear to have a time window for rectification so it does look promising for current and prospective clients.

IMO you do not need to be trading big to get hurt as if things go wrong too often the cumulative effect can be painful. I would find it almost impossible to deal with a flaky head end but it looks like that will soon be history.

BTW thanks for replying. It looks as though we both have a clearer view of the near future:)
You are welcome.:)

I tend to think that SB might be a disappointment if your trading style is such that a few seconds makes a big difference.

I tend to think that SB might be a disappointment if your trading style is such that a few seconds makes a big difference.

I use different styles as my mood and market dictates. I am aware of the limitations of Spread Betting but it has attractive advantages which are far less taxing:)

In my search for another Spread Betting company (or two) I would like to avoid those who have problems, at least until they are fixed.

I use different styles as my mood and market dictates. I am aware of the limitations of Spread Betting but it has attractive advantages which are far less taxing:)

In my search for another Spread Betting company (or two) I would like to avoid those who have problems, at least until they are fixed.

I think they all have 'problems' to some extent, but for longer-term trading these little foibles probably won't make much difference to your profitability.

I think they all have 'problems' to some extent, but for longer-term trading these little foibles probably won't make much difference to your profitability.

I think the extent in which it effects an individual depends on what and how they trade. I trade index futures (DMA) and have a CQG feed for that purpose.

For Spread Betting when prices are derived from a future I can see what the spread price should be when the futures DOM is on a pair and either at bid or ask. I don't think that it is much to ask that I should be able to hit the spread price applicable to the futures from which they are derived without looking to see if the market is greyed out.

With a small account on IGindex I have hit the price 100% with a dozen trades since Monday. Capital Spreads will get added when their problems are resolved.

I don't understand the concept of longer term trades. I did all of the position trading stuff and gave it up 20 years ago after being in the market 24\7\365 for 4.5 years. I day trade full time (19.5 years) and for me a long term trade is the 80 minute one I just completed. All I expect is to be able to hit an in price of my choosing and an out price of my choosing 5 minutes to 5 hours later. What I do not want is to manage a trade for 1 to 5 hours just to find that at the target price the server has decided to go off line due to a software glitch.

I talked earlier about a Risk & Money Management System for traders. Well here it is for download. It is free to use. It is broker independent so you can use it for any broker. This current version also support the MT4 platform, import and reports. If you don't have a proper Money Management System then you should definitely give this software a try.
Please do not download the old ver. above. A new and updated ver. of VisualRMM will be found at this thread.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/pla...140296-visualrmm-interactive-new-concept.html

Last edited:
RE: The ticket greying out.

I have noticed a slight change with this problem recently on 2, maybe 3 occasions over the last Month or so where the ticket no longer greys out, it just freezes, but remains live.

Live as in, you can still click it and execute a position at the quoted price even if the market has moved away from that level.

I'm starting to warm to Capital Spreads....I just wish it would happen when I actually want to close the position!

:)

Can I just say that I posted a while ago about the new Capital Spreads charts not being to my taste, however now I have used the new charts for a while I've completely changed my view- they are much better than the old ones and I'm very happy with them.

Were Capital not supposed to be introducing the option of trailing stops this last weekend?

I can find no mention of them on my trade ticket.

You need to click on "ORDER" once the TRADE ticket is up (see attached)...

Thanks for the info nodga, I see it on the market orders now but I normally use Limit and Stop Entry orders and there is no option available there.

Market orders only?

Thanks for the info nodga, I see it on the market orders now but I normally use Limit and Stop Entry orders and there is no option available there.

Market orders only?

Hi Vorbis, as opposed to trading there and then you can enter orders in the normal way by clicking on the ORDER button from the front screen (next to TRADE button). Is that what you mean?