Best Thread Capital Spreads

Simon
You said that you put back auto quote window without 4 minutes time limit.
Can you tell me when you remove it from you platform ? or not ?

thanks

order/stops/take profit

Simon,

If I put in an order and it hits my price @ night what happens? or if my stop or take profit gets fired what happens.

thanks

Hi,

I'm new to spread trading and have an account with Capital Spreads and notice that if you put on an order when the markets are closed that the spread significantly widens. I was wondering if this is common amongst all the spread firms and is it worth placing an order when the markets are closed because of this extra spread?
Thanks,

James

bobmick said:
Hi,

I'm new to spread trading and have an account with Capital Spreads and notice that if you put on an order when the markets are closed that the spread significantly widens. I was wondering if this is common amongst all the spread firms and is it worth placing an order when the markets are closed because of this extra spread?
Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Yes - it is common for the spread to widen out of hours.

"is it worth placing an order" - well really only you can answer that. You have to weigh the cost of the deal against your expected outcome? Is it significantly altered by the extra spread? Sorry if this seems a little vague, but only you have this answer.

Cheers,
UTB

Hi Simon,
Just adding another "signature" to the 24 hour petitioners. In line with others comments, many times I do not trade on my CS account after about 6pm simply due to the aforementioned inability to move stops/close trades after 9pm. It is the one major area where your "CS" doesn't also stand for (great) Customer Service ;) Speed up the solution pls!

tnx

.......and another......

I keep missing some good moves pre 7am so 24hr would definately get my vote,

cheers

chrisw said:
.......and another......

I keep missing some good moves pre 7am so 24hr would definately get my vote,

cheers

Maybe Simon's quite happy we don't catch the good moves or indeed be able to get out of the moves we may already be in. I recently had a new order waiting which got a really bad fill due to it being filled at 07:00 price :-(

jaykay3 said:
Maybe Simon's quite happy we don't catch the good moves or indeed be able to get out of the moves we may already be in. I recently had a new order waiting which got a really bad fill due to it being filled at 07:00 price :-(
Yeah, your probably right. Simon, please could you start 24hr trading so as I have more opportunity to LOSE and make you guys a bit more! Theres a good chap! :LOL:

Chris

jaykay3 said:
Simon,

Thank you for the 'If Done' Orders - user friendly products make us want to stay with you !

When will the automated 24 hour trading on Forex be ready?

Simon,

Please can you give us some idea on above - I am getting frustrated now when I can't manage my positions between 21:00 and 07:00.

jaykay3 said:
Simon,

Please can you give us some idea on above - I am getting frustrated now when I can't manage my positions between 21:00 and 07:00.

Yes, very much so from my point of view, too.

I am basically in a situation where I will have to cancel orders that are pending at the end of the day, and open them - if the setup is still valid - at 7am every day until your 24 hr forex is operational. This cannot happen too soon!

How long? Cheers!

alf25

I am sorry I actually said we would replace the ability to move the trade window around. The four minute time out will remain for the time being.

Cooltrader

As per our Terms all orders (of whatever type) are only active whilst we are quoting that market (including hours when a market is open for telephone trading). So any stops new orders or limits will not be hit if the level is reached out of our quoting hours. Sometimes this will beneifit a client, when a stop is hit out of hours and the market then moves back, and sometimes it will not.

Slippage will apply to all markets when they reopen (no matter whether the market was actually trading during the time when we were closed)

Simon

As a novice spread trader and new client of Capital Spreads there's a few technical analysis things on their site that I could do with explaining to me if poss. Firstly, momentum - I know what the word means but how is it applied to spread trading? Secondly, parabolic SAR. Looks like it may be a useful tool but not sure how to use it. Lastly there's linear regression indicator which seems to follow the price moves but I cant find any reference to this tool on any of the web sites I've looked at.
Be very grateful if someone could help.

James

capitalspreads said:
alf25

I am sorry I actually said we would replace the ability to move the trade window around. The four minute time out will remain for the time being.

Cooltrader

As per our Terms all orders (of whatever type) are only active whilst we are quoting that market (including hours when a market is open for telephone trading). So any stops new orders or limits will not be hit if the level is reached out of our quoting hours. Sometimes this will beneifit a client, when a stop is hit out of hours and the market then moves back, and sometimes it will not.

Slippage will apply to all markets when they reopen (no matter whether the market was actually trading during the time when we were closed)

Simon

Ok, thanks. I just wanted to clarify this as the orders option is enabled outside trading hours and it is a new feature.

Will this be changing in the future, sometime soon?

capitalspreads said:
Cooltrader

Simon

SImon, hope you are well.

I think what most people were curious to hear news about was the hinted at 'limited' ability to place bets outside opening hours. Is that still the intention somewhere along the way?

All the best

Hi Simon

I`ve been turned down a spread betting account ( not capital spreads) because of being a house husband with no income. I already have a funded SB account with one of the BIG SPREAD firms in the market , and a funded share account (both opened when i was working) but wish to enjoy the tighter spreads available. Is this FSA rules or guide lines? And am i stuck with the big spread gang forever.

Cheers

SWISS

Trdr

thanks for answering that question. I hadn't a clue what the terms meant either !! (well... not quite but close)

swiss

The FSA does not give absolute rules over who we can accept. They just give us the sort of catch all that we (Capital Spreads) should be aware that the client is 'suitable' for what is a risky form of trading
/ investing.

The problem is that we (as a company) then have to make an assessment as to what a client is allowed to do with his own money based on the information we receive on the application form.

We have our own criteria as to how we do this, and I am sorry to say that I believe that we are slightly more stringent than some of our competitors. We do not demand a minimum funding on the account but we do have limits as to who we accept in the first place.

We do not want to be seen as a company who would take the only £100 savings an unemployed client had in the world merely to open an account !! ( and frankly, in this, i totally agree with the FSA)

Before anyone gets the impression that we are doing this entirely on an altruistic (saving a client from himself) basis. There is also a self serving point to this in that we as a company are risking the client blowing up on some silly volatile bet when the chances of him/her paying the debt would be zero. (harsh I know ..but we are running a business here!).
Sorry

Cooltrader

we are commissioning a 24 hr FX platform but other markets will probably remain closed out of our business hours.

Simon

Thanks for the quick reply Simon

i see what you are saying, but i`m not unemployed and not looking for work just gave up work to bring up the kids as the wife has the biggest income. Now i have some freetime on my hands , i wanted a hobby /interest and see that there are alot more competitive players in the market now than there were 4 years ago. But basically MOST SB firms look at it as no job no account .How do SB companies look at retired people is this the same?

Thanks for the information

Swiss