Best Thread Capital Spreads

Quicker Stops / One Click Trading

Simon

A couple of querries:

1. Intraday trading of FX, I tend to place a stop 7 to 12 pips from my entry. I would like to have a stop adjusted in place quicker than your system allows. Once my order is executed by your team, I need to wait for your automated stop to appear, before adjusting it to my requirements. Sometimes due to the web, your automated stop takes to long to appear in the orders.

So once I have a position, could I quickly place a limit order at my "stop distance" away for the same value as the trade (in the other direction) and therefore if price came back would this take me out of the market ? If yes, what happens to the automated stop from the original order ?

2. I usually enter my stake and click 'Trade". Then I am just once click away from entry. You used to be able to leave this selection up indefinately.

In recent weeks, after about 5 minutes it times out (request timed out, please try again), meaning that I have to enter the stake, click trade and then buy or sell, which is 3 steps, rather than the one, when you have the ticket ready for once click ! Can you go back to the old system ?

I've today received an e-mail from Simon. At last, Capitalspreads are the first SB firm to offer "if done" orders. Better late than never, but well done indeed.

Orion said:
I've today received an e-mail from Simon. At last, Capitalspreads are the first SB firm to offer "if done" orders. Better late than never, but well done indeed.

quite new to this, but it would seem that since starting to trade with FS (opening an account in late december) that they have had "if done" orders on their platform since i opened. I think that IG also offers them. :cool:

spreadbetteur

we have now launched our contingent order system ...which along with the capability to place if done orders also includes the upgrade that allows a client to amend a stop level from the deal ticket.

Once the deal has been accepted the deal ticket now has a new button 'orders' which allow an immediate access to the associated stop attatched to the new deal. it also gives you the option to place a limit (take profit) order.

Everyone

I am pleased to announce that our new 'if done' and 'OCO' module is now up and running. This allows our clients access to yet another professional dealing tool normally associated with direct access markets.

Good Luck

Simon

Last edited:
Simon good job :cool:

But still there is one thing.
Cancel 4 minute the quote window time out and it will by great trading platform!

Orion

I have to say that nice as it would be to be first with this product unfortunately this is not the case Fin Spreads, at least, do offer it and probably some of the others as well, i dont know as all my staff have had their accounts closed !!, so it is difficult to tell.

Simon

SImon

Well done with the changes.

Since the change it appears the distance the stop can be placed on rolling cable has widened.

Until today you could close it in to within 6/7 pips.

Can you adjust it back, so I don't have to sit with the finger on the trigger so long !

Have a good w end.

Spread

Simon

I stand corrected. A couple of the other firms may have implemented the "if done" facility first but many of us here on t2w have been, and still are, eager to see Capitalspreads provide the functionality we require. That's quite simply because for our SB trades we'd rather do business with you than with them. But then you knew that...............

Spread betteur

a typical glytch that arrives without warning on an upgrade. I think we have amended it but we would welcome comments from client if we have missed something.

mobile trading is still just a concept for us ...sorry

Simon

millsy

I think your question is how do we arrive at the quarterly prices for the US equity markets (!??).

We take the real market bid/offer price and then calculate what, given the interest rate in the US, this would equate to in the future on the expiry date of the quarterly bet.

So if interest rates are at 3% and there are 160 days to expiry of the bet then we calculate the forward price should be [(price * 3% *160 / 36500) + price] . we do this for both the bid and the offer.

Then .. if there are any dividends between now and expiry , we remove this from the price

Then we add our spread (0.3% for US quarterly markets) to the price (i.e minus 0.15% from the bid and plus 0.15% to the offer)

And Viola(!) .. you have the price .

Simon

Gold and things....

Simon, I was just looking at your Comex opening hours for gold (GC) and was wondering if you would considere having it open for the Nymex session as well?

I am not asking you for 24 on Gold, but rather that since you are there anyhow, why not give access in your full opening hours? After all, you do the same for the US indexes, i.e. not just having it open in 'floor time'.

Worries about missing a good entry is one thing but as always, I am more interessted in my limits and stops being activated. A 5 hour slot for this seem frightfully narrow.

All the best

PS: You new functionality is very welcome! Although slitghtly (!) convuluted on the Trade, it kicks posterior on the Order! Your people has done a very good job!

Jyde

we do quote the Rolling Gold from 07.04 to 21.00 (virtually all of our trading day) which we only quote 0.5 wide.

if you have an existing position in a monthly gold we would happily move you into the rolling position Mid/mid (as a one off) .

Millsy500

In the live site we have a huge number of rolling US stocks and we will add any liquid stock on request .

Fettered

ha ha my fat fingers combined with encroaching stupidity create the perfect target... good shot!

Simon

capitalspreads said:
Jyde

we do quote the Rolling Gold from 07.04 to 21.00 (virtually all of our trading day) which we only quote 0.5 wide...

I think I missed my entry, but not to worry. Now I know and will use the rolling instead.

Thanks.

Simon,

Thank you for the 'If Done' Orders - user friendly products make us want to stay with you !

When will the automated 24 hour trading on Forex be ready?