Best Thread Capital Spreads

I've been out of the game for a while and decided to ease myself back in on the demo platform for a while. Now, I know there's some volatility around but the slippage seems brutal of late - 5pts or more over the stoploss! I've been trading about 2.5yrs, which isn't long to some, I know, but I've never seen anything like it. I agree with the earlier point of having to repeatedly hit the button to get filled too.

The cynic in me blames the new guaranteed stoploss that's been introduced. Seems slippage on the normal stoploss has increased markedly since this occurred. I was going to try it with a guarantee, but 51pts minimum - seriously? Not really aimed at day traders, I'm thinking.

Just adding my tuppence-worth to the debate - it's nice to hear from other contributors, so I know I'm not alone in this. I'm willing to give CS the benefit of the doubt while the new charts, etc, bed in - but if things continue as they are, I'll be shopping around for a more comfortable solution.

Oh, while I've got your attention, please get rid of the horizontal line that's left on the chart when you take your cursor off the chart - it bugs the bejesus out of me. It has been removed once - then it came back. And why do you have to click on lines several times before they take? Otherwise, not too shabby - I look forward to future improvements.

When the markets were moving fast (like when the dow moved about 400 points up in one hour after fed announcement) I had a few trades rejected... but not many. When the markets are stable I don't really remember having a trade rejected on CS.
I do agree though that IG are better... but CS are not that bad at all. Compared to WorldSpreads or CMC they are great.

This is something capital spreads told me could not happen, the system will reject the trade, but it did happen and I believe there is something wrong with their software somewhere. The market was moving fairly fast after US news and before I placed my bet the market moved 50 points down then 70 points up and when I placed my trade the market moved within a 20 point range. I placed a trade, we will leave out 5200 but keep as 1 to 100. I placed a trade when my ticker showed 16 short, I was stopped because I use a tight stop, but nothing on my pc even showed any movements, no profit or loss showing but my trade closed. What I thought I was placing a 16 turned out to be 13 but 13 never showed on my PC and even when clicked it 13 did not show on my pc. People will start to think the price changed just before clicked on the sell, that did not happen.

Yesterday on placing a trade I went to click at 62 but just before I could click buy the price changed to 64 and I saw the price change to 64 the split second before I clicked so I know when a price changes before I actually click. What happened, happened twice, how stupid am I. Capital spreads dealing desk told me if I pressed at 16 I couldn't be given a price of 13, but I was, I saw it with my own eyes I am not making it up, I wasn't losing big money, in fact my loss was only £20. It wasn't the £20 loss what annoyed me but what happened and I am not a person to phone up and complain about something unless it happened, I do losing trades like everybody and if I lose its down to me, I press buy or sell nobody makes me press buy or sell, capital spreads don't make me press buy or sell so if I get it wrong its down to me.

What I saw I saw again the next day with non farm payrols, the market moved quickly but the my ticker didn't move but my chart price did, funny how the chart price moved but not the ticker price, couldn't trade because I didn't have any faith in the platform, whatever I pressed, the price I got could of been anything, in fact my previous trade could of gone into profit before retracing back to stop me out but I don't know because my ticker was frozen. The person on the other end said our system is working fine here it must be your connection, hnmm, but the chart price moved when the ticker froze when non form pay roles were released, then it must be your pc, doubt it, built the pc like the rest of my pc's and its running super fast with its i7 processor. I told CS my internet connection 30mbps what is fast and on speed checking I get between 28 to 29mbps on average so i doubt its my connection. The problem only happens when the market is moving fast.

I am wondering if anybody has had the same problem. Why do CS automatically think the problems at your end, why can't they accept there could be something wrong with their software. People get phantom withdrawals from their bank account even though they haven't been near a cashpoint and the banks say our chip and pin is secure and only somebody using your card and pin number could of made the wityhdrawal. But its funny how the banks are willing to refund 75% cases becuase they must know their are bugs in their software and I believe all software has flaws in it. I can well understand CS spends loads on their software and its checked its working fine but it doesn't mean it does not have bugs in it.

Somebody early said about slippage, I have never experienced slippage when being stopped out or closing the trade in a fast moving market with CS.

I think its very clever how spreadbetting companies show your profit or loss on the platform and they know the psychological effect it has on somebody.

the cheese

the point is that you get the bonus which allows you to trade (with our money) and potentially make money BUT, if you lose money, you lose your money first.

Simon

That's not what I'm referring to, I fully understand that. After receiving the promo I thought I'd try the platform out for a bit with the bonus money. I made some profits, withdrew them, then lost the original bonus amount. Now when I credit my account, you won't let me withdraw my OWN money below the bonus level I originally received. It takes a special kind of retard to include a term like that in the Ts and Cs. I understand that certain terms are needed to avoid promo abuse. I worked at a CFD company for 9 months and know all about that. But this is just ridiculous, it does nothing to avoid promo abuse and just makes CS out to be money hungry fraudsters with no regard for customers. The cherry on top is not having my questions answered when I email in and having trades constantly rejected at the smallest of market movements.

thecheese

i will check this out but... from our point of view you appear to have not lost any of your money and only lost ours. Or am i wrong?

Rupert

sorry we could not solve your problem but (as i did suggest privately) you did not contact our IT support who might have been able to solve whatever was causing your problem.

As others have mentioned they have no problems getting fills and you were on auto execution so I am slightly surprised at your problems (unless you were trying to trade latency issues?).

potshot

again this appears to be an odd issue. If i understand you correctly you are getting the chart updating but not the trade ticket. Understandably the Front End Platform (FEP) does come under stresses especially in busy times but this should not 'stick' the trade ticket. It might be useful to contact the IT support if this continues. As with Ruperts problems this is certainly not an issue that we have seen before (which is why our dealers state that it cannot happen) and might be caused by some other software that you have installed.

Simon

thecheese

i will check this out but... from our point of view you appear to have not lost any of your money and only lost ours. Or am i wrong?

Rupert

sorry we could not solve your problem but (as i did suggest privately) you did not contact our IT support who might have been able to solve whatever was causing your problem.

As others have mentioned they have no problems getting fills and you were on auto execution so I am slightly surprised at your problems (unless you were trying to trade latency issues?).

potshot

again this appears to be an odd issue. If i understand you correctly you are getting the chart updating but not the trade ticket. Understandably the Front End Platform (FEP) does come under stresses especially in busy times but this should not 'stick' the trade ticket. It might be useful to contact the IT support if this continues. As with Ruperts problems this is certainly not an issue that we have seen before (which is why our dealers state that it cannot happen) and might be caused by some other software that you have installed.

Simon

Simon

Why does it have be with some software I have installed, it never happened before and it hasn't happened since the NFP. Its at your end not being able to cope with big news releases, I do feel cheated not by the money I lost but the money I would of made. With the ticker frozen I was not given an opportunity to time my trade what I could of done without a frozen ticker. Its a real concern to me it will happen again, and if it does I am the one who will pay the cost and not capital spreads. The reason why I pay and not capital spreads is because when I ring up, it must be at your end and the platform wouldn't let the trade happen. The platform allowed the the trades and there is no reason for me to believe it won't happen again.

potshot

i merely suggested the possibility of this being the case.

as you have now mentioned that your problem was over the NFP perhaps we can shed light.

i am not sure if you have ever actually watched the real futures exchange/fx markets over a big economic release. The prices go through far to fast for anyone to actually see what the real price is as huge price moves take place in a fraction of a second. No dealer is able to actually place trades at a definitive price and to get anything actually definitively done you must "give a market order" which will basically fill you at the best available price when your request hits the market (no matter where that may be). our systems quote the same tight spread through all of this and we receive hundreds of trades/trade requests in the few seconds after the number release (we processed 767 seperate filled client trades from 13.30.00 to 13.31.00) . If our screens froze for our clients then we would not get these trade requests (as their screens would have frozen as yours apparently did).

This is why i was wondering if there might be something affecting our app on your pc

Simon

Simon

When I placed my trades it wasn't NFP because I don't trade NFP unless the spikes have finished. Its was the day before with some news coming out about the euro zone what sent the euro down, it had spiked was settling down when it happened. The profit and loss indicator showed nothing, the ticker didn't move, but then I was stopped out and I doubt on that occassion I don't thuink the chart even moved but the next day with non NFP everything froze except the chart and I beleive there wasn't a huge reaction to the numbers to what could be seen. If I clicked the ticker at 16 the platform should reject the trade if the price moves to 13. I believe before I clicked the ticker it was frozen and seeing what I thought was a stable price the reason why I traded. It turns out it was not so. As I said before I can see the price change in a splite second before I click and I know I have a worse or better price that what I thought I was going to click at but this time that did not happen it firmly showed 16.

I have to agree with potshot as the system was very slow yesterday and sometimes ticket wasn't updating in line with the graph.
Also, my friend had a problem closing a gold position when the markets were pretty quiet.

I think CS platform is much less unstable after the release of the new charting package... Sorry Simon but it seems it has too many bugs.

The issue I have had is that their spreads are probably the tightest as SB firms go which is good right?
Well no because I was struggling to get filled on them or get slippage, I have moved over to ETX who although dont give the best spreads at least I know I wont get rejected trades or the waiting for dealer response only then to reject the order.
If you are looking to trade news events or the open of the market you are going to struggle with most firms but I feel more so with CS than others.
But its simple if you dont like it vote with your feet!

ODL was the fairest spreadbet company I have used, they would of refunded the trades with question, shame other spreadbetting companies aren't the same. When they were sold I couldn't believe it and I never had a problem with their platform and like most you could hedge a position. I bet capital spreads won't be as fair and their reason will be our system is working here must be at your end but others on here have said the same as me and proves there is a problem. CS platform lets you click at one price but gives you a price 3 ticks lower, something they say shouldn't happen.

Simon,
Here is a challenge to you.
I know you have a lot of traders on dealer referral. Is there a way one can get out of these annoying dealers and go back to automated system? May be if a client comes and apologises to you, offer you a bunch of roses,buy you a coffee....... simon the best a real man can do is to forget and forgive!
Thanks

Last edited:
potshot

you say that you click on one price and are filled at another. .. . Our dealers say this is impossible because it is. The coding in the FEP ticket will not allow a trade request to go through that is different to the price you see. Prices on the FEP can change very quickly (faster than the eye can see sometimes especially at the moment) which may give the impression that you clicked on a different price, but i can assure you that the price sent to our price engines is most definately the one you clicked on the trade ticket.

fast trader
as our machines get faster so the happier we are to accept the vast majority of trades onto auto activity. You can always ask.

simon

This is getting ridiculous now. I've just spent over 5mins trying to place a trade on EUR/USD, only to get timeout after timeout. What is going on? :mad:

"There has been a time out. Your trade may not have been placed. Please check your open positions and call our dealing line."

potshot

you say that you click on one price and are filled at another. .. . Our dealers say this is impossible because it is. The coding in the FEP ticket will not allow a trade request to go through that is different to the price you see. Prices on the FEP can change very quickly (faster than the eye can see sometimes especially at the moment) which may give the impression that you clicked on a different price, but i can assure you that the price sent to our price engines is most definately the one you clicked on the trade ticket.

fast trader
as our machines get faster so the happier we are to accept the vast majority of trades onto auto activity. You can always ask.

simon

Simon I can assure it did happen, I would not say it happened if it didn't happen. I believe the ticker froze but for some reason put the trade through at a different price than what was on the ticker. Simon answer me this. Phantom withdrawals from peoples bank account are meant to be impossible and the banks swear their system would not let it happen but its been proven it can happen and why 75% of phantom withdrawals are refunded. When something is software based anything can happen and I can assure you there is a problem somewhere. The price was static and not moving, I know when a price gaps and i know when I see a static price and today watching the market move the on the ticker would stutter and then catch up. Can you explain why my trade showed no profit or lose but just stopped me out, there was no gap on the chart.

I can understand you believe your dealers when they say it is impossible but it seems its not impossible as proven by my experience. I did the trade twice at the same price so when I clicked on done the price came back to 16 and didn't move and it was a few seconds after placing the second trade it pluttered into like, but suppose that trade or both trades went into profit but never saw the profit so I couldn't close it when it was in profit. I am not saying they did go into profit but its possible seeing what happened. Don't you think it strange after I clicked done the ticker showed 16 again and didn't move when I was stopped out and I was so sure it would go down I hit it again at 16 but as I said before it wasn't until a few seconds before the ticker pluttered into life on the second trade so what was the price in the few seconds before it pluttered into life. Can you understand why I feel cheated because the market did fall shortly afterwards.

I am not happy with what happened and if it happened to you wouldn't be happy either and I bet its happened to other people as well. Youdon't have to believe me when I said what happened but I know it happened. The ticker should never freeze and its something I would expect from worldspreads platform but I have never experienced a freezing ticker with any other SB company. I think capitalspreads should be finding out why the ticker is freezing as proved by other people who have seen and posted on here. I don't have a silly cheap computer bought in pcworld or comets but a custom built pc of the highest spec with a i7 930 processor and 6GB of corsair PC12800 1600MHZ, asus mobo 775 socket intel chipset and I have fibre internet at 30mbps with a average tested speed of around 28mbps and my average ping is 15ms so my system is not slow.

Simon I can assure it did happen, I would not say it happened if it didn't happen. I believe the ticker froze but for some reason put the trade through at a different price than what was on the ticker. Simon answer me this. Phantom withdrawals from peoples bank account are meant to be impossible and the banks swear their system would not let it happen but its been proven it can happen and why 75% of phantom withdrawals are refunded. When something is software based anything can happen and I can assure you there is a problem somewhere. The price was static and not moving, I know when a price gaps and i know when I see a static price and today watching the market move the on the ticker would stutter and then catch up. Can you explain why my trade showed no profit or lose but just stopped me out, there was no gap on the chart.

I can understand you believe your dealers when they say it is impossible but it seems its not impossible as proven by my experience. I did the trade twice at the same price so when I clicked on done the price came back to 16 and didn't move and it was a few seconds after placing the second trade it pluttered into like, but suppose that trade or both trades went into profit but never saw the profit so I couldn't close it when it was in profit. I am not saying they did go into profit but its possible seeing what happened. Don't you think it strange after I clicked done the ticker showed 16 again and didn't move when I was stopped out and I was so sure it would go down I hit it again at 16 but as I said before it wasn't until a few seconds before the ticker pluttered into life on the second trade so what was the price in the few seconds before it pluttered into life. Can you understand why I feel cheated because the market did fall shortly afterwards.

I am not happy with what happened and if it happened to you wouldn't be happy either and I bet its happened to other people as well. Youdon't have to believe me when I said what happened but I know it happened. The ticker should never freeze and its something I would expect from worldspreads platform but I have never experienced a freezing ticker with any other SB company. I think capitalspreads should be finding out why the ticker is freezing as proved by other people who have seen and posted on here. I don't have a silly cheap computer bought in pcworld or comets but a custom built pc of the highest spec with a i7 930 processor and 6GB of corsair PC12800 1600MHZ, asus mobo 775 socket intel chipset and I have fibre internet at 30mbps with a average tested speed of around 28mbps and my average ping is 15ms so my system is not slow.

Next time it happens you just make a screenshot and send it to Simon.