Best Thread Capital Spreads

charlie

as LCG operates a real FX platform with over 3 billion dollars a day of biz i think i can talk about algos with rather more knowledge than most aas we deal with them every single day. Algos DO NOT add liquidity they are TAKERS of other peoples liquidity. Liquidity is generally added by market makers ... i.e people/companies who 'quote' all the time a bid/offer price. Algo's, in general, do not do this and only enter the market when they see a pricing advantage and then deal on other people's prices. In this event they are certainly not the friend of the average client as they will always be faster and bigger than you.

'trade like a man' in DMA... oh god!.. .......who has the bigger balls! eh?. What a well reasoned argument

Simon

eeer i think youre a bit confused there. almost all market making is done by algos in equity, futures, options and liquid fx venues. you would know that if what you claim is true.

eeer i think youre a bit confused there. almost all market making is done by algos in equity, futures, options and liquid fx venues. you would know that if what you claim is true.

FWIW 3 Billion $ daily volume is little for a DMA forex platform , FXCM's retail volume is around 13 B $ per day ...

Thanks twinj but still no good - have deleted Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History, repeatedly and closed and re-opened browser but no improvement.
I think IT people don't really want ordinary mortals to use their systems at all.

Thanks twinj but still no good - have deleted Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History, repeatedly and closed and re-opened browser but no improvement.
I think IT people don't really want ordinary mortals to use their systems at all.

Sorry to hear no improvement. Best to contact them. I think I missed that part of the email but they said if the above does not work, contact them again. Best of luck.

I was trading three times with Capital Spreads, about 6 months every time.
Demo is very fast. But Real trading is very slow. Brokers delay trading and execution, especially if You have gains. If losses, then You are switched to Demo actually.

Hi zupnik - I trade through them using orders, not usually live trade entries - platform is easy to use and orders almost always executed at levels I set. Does your methodology allow you to enter orders instead of live trades?

I am looking for trading Futures. Perhaps with Velocity futures, on Ninja Trader.
I am looking for Trading123 Power Trend indicator?
Do You know somebody using it or having it?

ross

charts trading functionality... not yet but working on it.

reliability is very important and if you are getting satisfaction on this then i would stick with it. only change provider if the alternative is better overall

simon

It was mentioned on another thread that the NinjaTrader people working with a spreadbet company. Is there any chance of it being Capital Spreads?

we used to have ninja via Pro Spreads but they (ninja) stopped supporting the connection. Possibly Smartlive as i believe they use mt4.

there have also been questions about our Currenex spot FX platform linking into Ninja but again Ninja have not yet written a Currenex API (I believe). althugh there are any number of other API's into our FX systems. If you have an API that you wish to link into our FX systems you can do this and the trades can be turned into Spread Bets. Although they can only be made in FX products and it would be on a straight FX platform directly into our liquidity providers (meaning you would be at risk over figures of the spreads widening violently, as there is no fixed spread)

We generally only offer this service to clients who can designate themselves as 'Professional' as well. And therefore fulfil the Mifid requirements for this.

Simon

charliechan

the point about the type of algos you were originally talking about is that they choose their moment to trade and do not 'add liquidity' in the sense of being available to another counterparty on a continuous basis (i.e a normal FX client). So ... for example if you want to trade over a data release you will find that you will get all the lousy fills because an arbitrage algo will have taken all the tight prices before you did.

In general a good algo (with servers positioned right inside the IP Hubs) will always make money because they are faster than the quoting liquidity providers. Which is why the actual 'liquidity providing' banks do not like them and ask for them to be turned off. This is latency trading taken to the absolute extreme!

Simon

Perhaps Capital Spreads/Simon could explain why my order was not executed at the level I had set. It's a pretty big gap when you consider what I was betting per point.

When the order was made:

Capital Spreads is pleased to confirm that an order has been successfully created:

Spread Betting
Buy £5.00 of Citigroup Rolling Daily at 39.12 Good till cancelled ( Order ID 8299221 )

When the order was executed:

The following order has been executed:

Spread Betting
Buy £5.00 of Citigroup Rolling Daily at 40.13 Good till cancelled ( Order ID 8299221 )

Perhaps Capital Spreads/Simon could explain why my order was not executed at the level I had set. It's a pretty big gap when you consider what I was betting per point.

When the order was made:

Capital Spreads is pleased to confirm that an order has been successfully created:

Spread Betting
Buy £5.00 of Citigroup Rolling Daily at 39.12 Good till cancelled ( Order ID 8299221 )

When the order was executed:

The following order has been executed:

Spread Betting
Buy £5.00 of Citigroup Rolling Daily at 40.13 Good till cancelled ( Order ID 8299221 )

Is this a joke? Do you even read the news?

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a1f6561c-aedc-11e0-9310-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1SBuh1FUZ

Considering it opened at 40.08 and you got 40.13, it seems a pretty accurate fill given their 0.05 spread.

Last edited:
Nice new charts showing today. Clean and clear design, like the slider control at the footer to select display period. Other tools look sensible and well arranged.

One problem with charts I would like solution for. The default setting is 10min and showing a day. The chart does not fill up. Most of it was empty this morning. I have to fiddle with the thing at the bottom to populate the whole width. Why can this not be done automatically? Surely, it should show a day's worth of data rather than from the beginning of the day until now.