Best Thread Capital Spreads

No, Mr Clown, I'm afraid you misunderstood. My order was a stop, such that if the price specified hit on the UNDERLYING exchange, then my SB firm was to close me out of the position. The SB firm could have quoted anything they like, it didn't matter. My order was based on the price on the underlying market.

I have a feeling you will still not "get it", so i will give you an example. Say I want to close my position on the Sept FTSE future if the underlying hits 5990. I place an order with the SB firm to close my position if the UNDERLYING MARKET hits 5990. When the underlying market hits 5990, the sb closes my position at their quote, which may be 5989-91. Do you understand now?

You owe many on here an apology.

Actually, even after ten years I've never understood how SB 'at market' works in practice. Why don't they just quote the market price in the first place?

Well, they do quote the market price - just with a wider bid offer spread than you see in the underlying market.

Well, they do quote the market price - just with a wider bid offer spread than you see in the underlying market.

But which market? The SB UK100 quote, for instance, is based on the future, adjusted for fair value. As you can't actually trade the underlying, why would you want to close 'at market', especially when the T&Cs stress that clients are trading SB prices.

You can trade that if you want, but I only trade spreadbets which are the identical to the underlying market. So in this case i would trade either of the following spreadbets: daily FTSE future or the September ftse future.

No, Mr Clown, I'm afraid you misunderstood. My order was a stop, such that if the price specified hit on the UNDERLYING exchange, then my SB firm was to close me out of the position. The SB firm could have quoted anything they like, it didn't matter. My order was based on the price on the underlying market.

I have a feeling you will still not "get it", so i will give you an example. Say I want to close my position on the Sept FTSE future if the underlying hits 5990. I place an order with the SB firm to close my position if the UNDERLYING MARKET hits 5990. When the underlying market hits 5990, the sb closes my position at their quote, which may be 5989-91. Do you understand now?

You owe many on here an apology.

lol. you owe your self an apology - each morning you wake up!

i dont see this functionality you dreamed up listed anywhere......
http://www.capitalspreads.com/generic/guide01.shtml

i did see this though.....

As a general note, please be aware that ALL orders placed or executed on the Capital Spreads trading system are “our quote”.

BUSTED!!!! (oucccccchhhhh!!)

try again joker.....

actually, dont bother. im off now. i think ive satisfied myself that people like you, blackswan and spread betting deserve eachother!

keep loosing kidz!

and stop making 10p bets on the dax dreaming you can make a proper job of your hobby.... you're better off playing online bingo.

Last edited:
As a general note, please be aware that ALL orders placed or executed on the Capital Spreads trading system are “our quote”.

As a point of order, I believe he said it was executed at their quote, but triggered by the underlying. Perhaps you shouldn't gloat so much, it doesn't help your point.

You can trade that if you want, but I only trade spreadbets which are the identical to the underlying market. So in this case i would trade either of the following spreadbets: daily FTSE future or the September ftse future.

Yes, but the typical spreads are wider on those markets, aren't they?

try again joker.....

actually, dont bother. im off now. i think ive satisfied myself that people like you, blackswan and spread betting deserve eachother!

keep loosing kidz!

and stop making 10p bets on the dax dreaming you can make a proper job of your hobby.... you're better off playing online bingo.

Yeah, sure is busted... you've just defined every OTC dealer on the planet.

This anti-SB crusade is losing me the will to live. Who do you anti-SB crowd think you're talking to? And why?

If you're trying to protect novice traders, they're facing much more dangerous issues than SB order types or platform functionality or whether spread is 1 or 2 or 3 pips. SB is an accessible way to start their apprenticeship, and most will probably get wiped out, but that would happen regardless of their means of access to the market.

If you're talking to experienced traders, who are therefore at least surviving, they will be well aware of the SB/DMA pros and cons and don't need preaching to. Thanks for trying to make us more profitable than we are already, but we didn't ask for help and I don't think we appreciate being used as vehicles for the exercise of someone else's ego.

Charlie Chan you're a mess lately, probably best if you have a rest from forums for a while...good luck buddy, hope your emotional state improves :)

This anti-SB crusade is losing me the will to live. Who do you anti-SB crowd think you're talking to? And why?

If you're trying to protect novice traders, they're facing much more dangerous issues than SB order types or platform functionality or whether spread is 1 or 2 or 3 pips. SB is an accessible way to start their apprenticeship, and most will probably get wiped out, but that would happen regardless of their means of access to the market.

If you're talking to experienced traders, who are therefore at least surviving, they will be well aware of the SB/DMA pros and cons and don't need preaching to. Thanks for trying to make us more profitable than we are already, but we didn't ask for help and I don't think we appreciate being used as vehicles for the exercise of someone else's ego.

Tom I don't spread bet, I may return to it for a quiet extra bit of tax efficiency but as a route to market it's great. You're getting genuine one pip spread on the euro these days and the same on indices, we've never had it so good. I can only surmise that the continual rants are from struggling traders, there can be no other explanation...

try again joker.....

keep loosing kidz!

Mr Joker, I don't use Capital Spreads!!! I never said I used CS! I know full well they don't offer orders based on the underlying markets. But there are many other SB companies out there...

Yes, but the typical spreads are wider on those markets, aren't they?

Yes, but I'm primarily a position trader, I usually hold stuff overnight and beyond. I'm looking for big moves, not scalping for 2 ticks here and there. The couple of extra ticks don't mean much when you're looking for hundreds of points. OTOH, a couple of ticks of spread can rip you to pieces if you looking for 10-20 pip moves.

If you want to speculate i.e. medium to longer term trends, then spreadbetting is great. If you want to be a day trader/scalper, you really need DMA.

sorry everyone but this thread is becoming a bit "yah! boo! sucks!"

can we get back to the original purpose which is to explain, instruct ... advise in my own small way. For the sake of my sanity i will agree that DMA is a perfectly good trading route (it would be silly to claim otherwise) but.... for many SB and CFD trading is just as good a route.

By the way the order execution point about setting stops on 'actual underlying bids/offers'. As you know what the spreads are on CS you can easily replicate this by putting your stop a pip further away (or the spread on the equity quote).

simon

By the way the order execution point about setting stops on 'actual underlying bids/offers'. As you know what the spreads are on CS you can easily replicate this by putting your stop a pip further away (or the spread on the equity quote).

simon

Actually, the point was basing orders on underlying traded prices, rather than on underlying bids and offers. How come you don't offer such a facility anyway?

viseria

bids/offers on 'the market' are something that it is very difficult to be accused of "manipulation". i.e Capital Spreads can hardly impact the actual market.

But If we offered stops on actual trade prices...then it becomes much more difficult... if we could see that a big stop order was up for execution on an equity (but only if the bid or offer actually trades) then there is the opportunity for the market maker to actually print a trade (in, say, just 5 shares) by actually trading themselves.

Simon