Best Thread Capital Spreads

I really wish folk could move on from the SB firm and broker bashing and take some responsibility for their failings..Once that Rubicon is crossed I'm sure their trading would improve.

but getting them to see where they are failing is a first step. despite it falling on deaf ears, its also quite fun to see how people will deny the obvious in order to protect their own ego.

lets watch them do the equivalent of averaging down in to their losing position.....

I really wish folk could move on from the SB firm and broker bashing and take some responsibility for their failings..Once that Rubicon is crossed I'm sure their trading would improve.

Agreed again - and it would be nice if this little charmer would be the first to get over it.

you earn an extra big pair of floppy shoes!

does your clown car really run on glitter?

He's now embarrassing himself, if the guy from CS has made himself available to answer questions, at the very least he deserves some respect.

Just been stopped out on a spreadbet. These *******s moving the entire £10 billion market again just so that they can take me out!!! It's a conspiracy, i tell you!

Btw, do you know how dumb you sound, charliechan?

Just been stopped out on a spreadbet. These *******s moving the entire £10 billion market again just so that they can take me out!!! It's a conspiracy, i tell you!

You too? I reckoned I was still in by a pip..I'm gonna write to my MP :D

Btw, do you know how dumb you sound, charliechan?

youre struggling to get the basics.

no matter what the REAL market is, the sb company only needs to quote AROUND that figure. it doesnt interact with the REAL market, and neither do you when you put your trades on the sb platform. just like a bookie can make any odds they want and of course having no impact on the outcome of the race/game being bet on.

do you get it now? it really is quite simple.

i'm surprised such a genius as yourself doesnt get the basics of what they are actually doing!

Last edited:
But my stop was an order on the underlying market i.e. if the underlying market traded at that price, they have an instruction, from me, to close my position. Now, i could have rescinded that order but it was my decision.

Are you saying they moved the £10 billion market just to close me out?

I think perhaps it's you who "don't get it".

Agreed again - and it would be nice if this little charmer would be the first to get over it.

He's now embarrassing himself, if the guy from CS has made himself available to answer questions, at the very least he deserves some respect.

why does he deserve respect when he has published false information with the hope of encouraging more punters into opening accounts where the odds of success are so much less than a real, REGULATED market, yet try and imply his industries product is on a level footing? I'd say thats actually deceitful.

when does deceit deserve respect?

funny world some people live in!

why does he deserve respect when he has published false information with the hope of encouraging more punters into opening accounts where the odds of success are so much less than a real, REGULATED market, yet try and imply his industries product is on a level footing? I'd say thats actually deceitful.

when does deceit deserve respect?

funny world some people live in!

If you believe he's deceived anyone, I would suggest you submit your evidence rather than throw insults at him, it really doesn't help what should be an adult discussion.

But my stop was an order on the underlying market i.e. if the underlying market traded at that price, they have an instruction, from me, to close my position. Now, i could have rescinded that order but it was my decision.

Are you saying they moved the £10 billion market just to close me out?

I think perhaps it's you who "don't get it".

you need to go back and try and follow the conversation. if you place an order on a spread betting platform, it will just be held on their book ONLY. it will never reach any exchange book, or underlying market will it? all they have is an instruction to close your position, (that you have with them, not at a regulated clearing house) if their quote (which may be loosely based around an underlying market) equals the price of your order.

your understanding of what actually happens with a sb account demonstrates that a lot of people dont understand the basic mechanics of what they are doing, or who they are doing it with! no wonder you all suffer from the financial equivalent of gonorrhea!

hmm back to clown school with your chums i think!!

If you believe he's deceived anyone, I would suggest you submit your evidence rather than throw insults at him, it really doesn't help what should be an adult discussion.

submit evidence? try turning back a few pages son, and you'll see a good 7+ examples.

insults? do you really consider 'clown' to be an insult? a clown is a jovial character, much loved by children the world over, and good at making people laugh. how could such a term be used in a derogatory way? everyone likes a good laugh!

Dear charlie the clown (sorry I meant charliechan :)) - you've definitely got a beef with SB companies haven't you! I read simon's post from a few ago and note that for a large amount of the trading day Cap Spreads have narrower spreads on the major FX pairs than the underlying.

You also refer to a "regulated" market - isn't that what Cap Spreads derive their prices from (who are also regulated themselves)?

youre struggling to get the basics.

no matter what the REAL market is, the sb company only needs to quote AROUND that figure. it doesnt interact with the REAL market, and neither do you when you put your trades on the sb platform. just like a bookie can make any odds they want and of course having no impact on the outcome of the race/game being bet on.

do you get it now? it really is quite simple.

i'm surprised such a genius as yourself doesnt get the basics of what they are actually doing!

Really..you sure on that?

absolutely. so sure in fact, i know you cant possibly offer any proof otherwise can you?

according to my 'mates down the pub', they will only take a position in a real market when they have tagged a successful trader and decide to mirror his position by using the real market. please note, this is THEIR position, ie a position held by the FIRM not in a customer account. notice they are not hedging here. although, it is interesting to learn they decide to trade in a real market and not use another sb firm! i wonder why lol!!!!

simon - so you dont seem to offer many markets do you like us stocks etc. thats another reason to go dma. eg i can open an account with interactive brokers and trade all the main stock and futures markets in the world, so why should i go for a spread betting firm that will rip me a new a*rs hole at the first opportunity, while charge me interest for the privo?

as for icebergs and order types, i think youre wrong (yet again). why would a sb provide iceberg functionality when they would rather just fill the whole order in 1 fill which is better for both parties? do you know what an iceberg order is and why its used?

as for dealer intervention and stop hunting, here are the facts:

joe goes long at 5, he places his stop at 2.75. the sb algo sells to him at 5, and gladly takes his stop order too. lets say the REAL market is trading at 4.75 - so joe is already at a loss, but thats another story... later on the real market is at 3.25. sb algo is quoting everyone else at 3 bid. but wait! sb algo knows it has a stop on its book at 2.75. there is nothing that says sb has to quote all customers the same price, or x ticks away fron the REAL market. so, while fred sees 3 bid, joe sees 2.75 bid and his stop filled. no human intervention there fellas! yet hang on, the REAL market never even went there.

suddenly price is quoted at 3 again to entice joe to get back in for another bath. if joe does get in, this time with luck on his side (boy does he need it!!). price goes up to 6. fred sees 6 quoted, but joe sees 5.75 as sb computer knows joe is long, so it knows joes next action will be to sell - so why quote him at 6 when it can buy back at a lower price?

thats what happens folks. you can see that such logic isnt hard to code into any software, and the odd tick away from the REAL market can easily be explained as 'spread'. i know because a good friend demoed his firms algo to me - sorry, thats some bloke down the pub to you lot!....

why do you think all sb companies love pushing their 'free education' programs and teach what seems to be a good idea - our friend the stop loss order? what nice guys having such an interest in our financial well being!!

finally simon, as for that report, clearly, as you acknowledge, it wasnt commissioned by any exchange - i thought as much. good of you to admit this. you earn an extra big pair of floppy shoes!

OK, Charlie, we understand that you don't trust spreadbet companies, but instead of throwing insults around why not just go back to to DMA trading and get rich(er)?

Dear charlie the clown (sorry I meant charliechan :)) - you've definitely got a beef with SB companies haven't you! I read simon's post from a few ago and note that for a large amount of the trading day Cap Spreads have narrower spreads on the major FX pairs than the underlying.

You also refer to a "regulated" market - isn't that what Cap Spreads derive their prices from (who are also regulated themselves)?

Capital, ( a few of their white labels) IG, CMC, City, FXCM etc..all good companies, wtf makes so many moaning fookers gravitate to T2W?

absolutely. so sure in fact, i know you cant possibly offer any proof otherwise can you?

according to my 'mates down the pub', they will only take a position in a real market when they have tagged a successful trader and decide to mirror his position by using the real market. please note, this is THEIR position, ie a position held by the FIRM not in a customer account. notice they are not hedging here. although, it is interesting to learn they decide to trade in a real market and not use another sb firm! i wonder why lol!!!!

Blimey, that's some 5hite right there, have you been in the pub with your mates all day? Give it a rest Charlie..join up the following to make sense; hole, a, for, digging, stop, yourself..

re FX: have they? good for them. which fx platform are they talking about? thats the problem with a fragmented market like fx with so many execution venues. each one can have different spreads. whats more, the operator of the platforms will quote different spreads to different customers depending on their account size. we had a meeting with a major fcm to discuss curenex connectivity and the rep was quite open to the fact that different customers get different spreads the more margin they deposit. £2m gets a wider spread than £20mil. the fcm make the difference between what the real quote is and what we get filled at. no probs. were cool with that - theyre not a charity are they? i saw an add for the citi fx platform - they are also quite open to this pricing model....http://www.citifxpro.com/europe/spreads

this makes the claim of tighter spreads impossible to verify as there is no standard spread.

yes you're right, they do derive their prices from a regulated market. but the key word is derive. the point is that although an exchange has rules and regulations to ensure fair trading, fills, price discovery etc, the sb, to my knowledge has no obligation to mirror those prices or quotes at all. they simply make a quote close to it on one side or the other side - depending on what side youre on of course.

Last edited:
Blimey, that's some 5hite right there, have you been in the pub with your mates all day? Give it a rest Charlie..join up the following to make sense; hole, a, for, digging, stop, yourself..

c'mon then wise guy. tell us all. let us all bask in the fountain of your knowledge......

if you think im wrong, then at least be big enough to put what you believe to be the case out in the open so we can all see how much you know.

other wise, you're just making noise like a little child looking for attention.

:clap::clap::clap:

OK, Charlie, we understand that you don't trust spreadbet companies, but instead of throwing insults around why not just go back to to DMA trading and get rich(er)?

eeer - i never left dma! - but no trading today as us is closed.

its not that i dont like sb companies (shock horror!!). i mean every one has to earn a crust right? what i dont like is the misinformation they pump around and how people get suckered in to it. then i see half the people on t2w and realise a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place!

anyway everyone - im off to a 4th july party in the city, so i'll leave you kids spread betting your little hearts out. hope you all have some money left tomorrow so we can carry on.....

Last edited:
you need to go back and try and follow the conversation. if you place an order on a spread betting platform, it will just be held on their book ONLY. it will never reach any exchange book, or underlying market will it? all they have is an instruction to close your position, (that you have with them, not at a regulated clearing house) if their quote (which may be loosely based around an underlying market) equals the price of your order.

your understanding of what actually happens with a sb account demonstrates that a lot of people dont understand the basic mechanics of what they are doing, or who they are doing it with! no wonder you all suffer from the financial equivalent of gonorrhea!

hmm back to clown school with your chums i think!!

No, Mr Clown, I'm afraid you misunderstood. My order was a stop, such that if the price specified hit on the UNDERLYING exchange, then my SB firm was to close me out of the position. The SB firm could have quoted anything they like, it didn't matter. My order was based on the price on the underlying market.

I have a feeling you will still not "get it", so i will give you an example. Say I want to close my position on the Sept FTSE future if the underlying hits 5990. I place an order with the SB firm to close my position if the UNDERLYING MARKET hits 5990. When the underlying market hits 5990, the sb closes my position at their quote, which may be 5989-91. Do you understand now?

You owe many on here an apology.