Best Thread Capital Spreads

Still missing are multiple portfolios and long term trade history.
With IG one can go back to many years of trade history/statements etc.

Love to hear from Capitals.

mmmm

i might have a word with the marketing dept. But we all have finite resources and we cannot spread too thin on the ad spend

i will send a note to the pro spreads unit with your comment. I would also like to see it go 24hr. Would certainly give LMAX a run for its money.

By the way there are various comments about another big player coming into the space. we have seen adverts for staff etc but have not yet found out who the competitor is. Does anyone know?

Simon

Simon

I read somewhere that FXPRO have new products coming?

But FXPRO only offer forex and CFDs?

There are a lot of promises from their side, scalpers are welcome so they tell (even the screwed definition by the industry). No re-quote, no price no longer valid, no interference whatsoever by a dealer.

Why not give this other spreadbet company a try? These are a lot of good things that they have and which are not offered by capital spreads. I've never understood why CS does not like scalpers except may be because they are profitable.

we are looking at commodity spreads

multi portfolios? we are building it but not for a few months yet... but to be honest if I was giving an opinion I would say that, unless you are actually a long term investor, if you are looking at more than a few markets for margin speculative trading then you are likely to lose money.

speeds of platforms are now such that FX scalpers are much less prevalent (although they still exist of course). Scalpers are not liked by SB companies because they trade on (effectively) old prices and so guarantee themselves profit which the SB company is unable to hedge in the open market. The bigger SB companies now get round this by putting 'scalpers' on to DMA so that they only get filled if the trade is executed in the open market (which effectively means that they have to be faster than the huge 'algo' computers ! ).

Simon

multi portfolios? we are building it but not for a few months yet... but to be honest if I was giving an opinion I would say that, unless you are actually a long term investor, if you are looking at more than a few markets for margin speculative trading then you are likely to lose money.

speeds of platforms are now such that FX scalpers are much less prevalent (although they still exist of course). Scalpers are not liked by SB companies because they trade on (effectively) old prices and so guarantee themselves profit which the SB company is unable to hedge in the open market. The bigger SB companies now get round this by putting 'scalpers' on to DMA so that they only get filled if the trade is executed in the open market (which effectively means that they have to be faster than the huge 'algo' computers ! ).

Simon
Not referral to a dealer then, this is a step forward.:)

But how can a trade for less than a lot size go to DMA, and wouldn't that mean it didn't qualify as a spread bet, anyway?

Simon

Does it take "few months" to build?
How about long term history?

Thanks

HMRC are very happy so long as the SB company is paying its gaming duty and Corporation tax. (much easier to collect that chasing after tens of thousands of individual tax payers). It must be noted that Capital Gains tax is the same today as it was back in the 1970's..... methinks that possibly many people do not declare their CGT profits (naughtly naughty)

Hi Simon, as post #6446 mentioned long term history would be useful. Any chance? Don't even mind if it's in a few months time :)

you can download (into excel) the last 3 months of trades at any time. and the last months data is always online. if you need further back than this customer services will be 'happy' to send it on request (email or phone).

personally going back more than a few months on my own trading history is generally a dismal activity (i am not a great trader with my own money).

comment on one thread to do with refunding to clients.

most of the comments are now starting to see our side of the problem. Money Laundering rules are difficult to interpret and Capital Spreads basicaly says we will return the money from whence it came and if not we require proof that cards/bank accounts etc are in the same name.

I realise that this can be a pain sometimes (i have a problem with one SB company where the address on my card is my work address and the address on my account is my home, this means that the card company will not process the transaction even with the 3D secure).

But it is not really often much to do with ML it is more often to do with Fraud,,, if we just returned deposited funds willy nilly then a person could just steal a card depoit money and then get it refunded to their own card. .....yes PC plod would probably get him but .... maybe not... it all takes time and the person whose card had been raided would still be out of pocket until he/she proved that they did not do the transaction... as many will know card companies are not prone to just handing back money these days.

So Capital Spreads (along with the other SB companies) just plays it down the line. We never ask for unreasonable data and frankly the more a client shouts about being asked for information the more worried my customer services dept becomes about the source of the funds.

All client funds are segregated so there is no problem about where the money is LCG has some £65-70m of funds so i dont think people need to worry about our liquidity.

simon

oh by the way we also see comments about time outs on trade tickets.

on Capital Spreads you can have 50 different trade tickets open on a tear out page all updating for hours on end. No time outs. Permanently two way price on ultra tight spreads. No having to chose the bid or the offer before trading.

So Capital Spreads (along with the other SB companies) just plays it down the line. We never ask for unreasonable data and frankly the more a client shouts about being asked for information the more worried my customer services dept becomes about the source of the funds.

The problem is that you are the ONLY spreadbetting firm that makes all these difficulties. All the others are also FSA registered and comply with the same AML rules. But it seems LCG has become paranoid about it. Some people I know have even been asked to provide among some other documentation to process a withdrawal, a screenshot of their internet banking with the https link clearly visible. I mean, get real, you don't need to treat everyone like crooks !!! No other spreadbet companies or brokers for that matter make all this fuss.(n)

It's ironic that the measures supposedly used to prevent money laundering make us all more at risk from identity theft.

The problem is that you are the ONLY spreadbetting firm that makes all these difficulties. All the others are also FSA registered and comply with the same AML rules. But it seems LCG has become paranoid about it. Some people I know have even been asked to provide among some other documentation to process a withdrawal, a screenshot of their internet banking with the https link clearly visible. I mean, get real, you don't need to treat everyone like crooks !!! No other spreadbet companies or brokers for that matter make all this fuss.(n)

+1