Best Thread Capital Spreads

stevespray

the simple answer to you query on price levels of DD vs CS is that they do ocasionally actually have different price engines. One platform is hosted in Kent and the other in Hertfordshire. For security reasons we have three FX price feeds, sometimes for reasons best known to IT a particular feed may go down and so we have to switch to one of the others.

As you may be aware all FX feeds use different providers and so will occasionally have differening prices/highs/lows etc. This does not happen on exchange derived prices as all feeds come from one source.

jonty

mobile access ..on the road map

top trader

you can 'tear off' all the windows (and the trade tickets) and make them whatever size you like

simon
How about answering my previous questions? or do you just cherry pick the ones you feel you can answer?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply simon,

Why would one be put on dealer acceptance? for what reasons?..

Would one have any differences if trading at £1 per point than at £100 per point?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------

just remembered they had the rollout of the new platform. nice fast easy use. at last. i'll be using them again now.

Have to admit, I didn't realise that Simon was THE Simon.

Kudos to you for coming on here and braving the slings and arrows of the great unwashed....

....that is, if it really is you, and not an underling. :)

Still the original article

Even the slings and arrows do sometimes have a core of customer requirement behind them

Admittedly I do occasionally come across a comment that is frankly either barking mad or just impossible to answer as CS is, after all, the market maker and not the initiator of any trade.

Unfortuntely no matter how you cut it we are, in the end, on the other side of every position. If a client wins or loses the direct transfer of money is between the client and us.

We are getting closer and closer to being merely the exchange where the flow of business means that CS just sits there making the best price it can while taking the 'spread' all day long and merely hedging the excess risk.

Over the last six years i can truly say that 'most' (!?) of my contact on this forum has been worthwhile and i look forward to the next six!

Simon

Any chance of introducing Mutiple Favourite Folders, Capitalspreads ?
Much better platform than the previous one.

Has the new platform brought a better performance from Capital Spreads in terms of fills, re-quotes etc ?

Or is it just a cosmetic exercise with no actual performance improvement ?

Still the original article

Even the slings and arrows do sometimes have a core of customer requirement behind them

Admittedly I do occasionally come across a comment that is frankly either barking mad or just impossible to answer as CS is, after all, the market maker and not the initiator of any trade.

Unfortuntely no matter how you cut it we are, in the end, on the other side of every position. If a client wins or loses the direct transfer of money is between the client and us.

We are getting closer and closer to being merely the exchange where the flow of business means that CS just sits there making the best price it can while taking the 'spread' all day long and merely hedging the excess risk.

Over the last six years i can truly say that 'most' (!?) of my contact on this forum has been worthwhile and i look forward to the next six!

Simon
Yes I agree, in the long run SB will be obsolete, financial betting exchanges is the future for the industry.

Is that market big enough for an exchange? Look what happend to spreadfair !

my apologies

i used the word exchange inappropriately. What I meant was that from the point of view of CS we would be the 'exchange' as the flow of biz would be so large as to make 'market direction' virtually academic to our revenue income.

My personaly belief is that real exchange conditions for an SB platform are some way off as the majority of trades are made in markets that move too fast for the ability of the average trader to 'make a market' effectively. Our clients like the ability to open a ticket and trade on a very tight spread immediately and not to bother with trying to put a price in the market. The only markets where this might be effective are the equity (single stock) markets and these account for less than 8pc of our trades.

building a system that will allow multiple API links into a vast number of markets (i.e an exchange) for the market size of spread betting is just not economic. FX platforms can do it becus they only have a limited number of markets (50 or so). Can u imagine the computing power required to handle multiple price feeds (possibly hundreds) in thousands of markets? on top of your own liquidity providers? you would have to build something as powerful as the LSE or the NYSE exchanges merely for a small market.

Simon

my apologies

i used the word exchange inappropriately. What I meant was that from the point of view of CS we would be the 'exchange' as the flow of biz would be so large as to make 'market direction' virtually academic to our revenue income.

My personaly belief is that real exchange conditions for an SB platform are some way off as the majority of trades are made in markets that move too fast for the ability of the average trader to 'make a market' effectively. Our clients like the ability to open a ticket and trade on a very tight spread immediately and not to bother with trying to put a price in the market. The only markets where this might be effective are the equity (single stock) markets and these account for less than 8pc of our trades.

building a system that will allow multiple API links into a vast number of markets (i.e an exchange) for the market size of spread betting is just not economic. FX platforms can do it becus they only have a limited number of markets (50 or so). Can u imagine the computing power required to handle multiple price feeds (possibly hundreds) in thousands of markets? on top of your own liquidity providers? you would have to build something as powerful as the LSE or the NYSE exchanges merely for a small market.

Simon

But again the tight spread is useless if someone's account is on dealer confirmation , the real spread will be wider in this situation ...

my apologies

Simon
Yes, I knew what you mean Simon, I was just putting you on a bit to get an interesting answer.:)