Best Thread Capital Spreads

No way coolTrader - the stop was moved around 11 hours before the price hit. I think there must be some other explanation to it. My original stop was 58.82 - moved to 56 even. The price it was closed was at 58.02. I have the confirmation emails to prove the move in stop. It is possible that one of the following happened:

1. The amendment was done applied to an already closed position.
2. The amendment was ignored.
3. Some other account feature that I am not aware about kicked in and forced the closure of the position.

I really should contact CS over this and will, but in actual fact I kind of glad the position is closed as I'm sure if the next stop was hit I would be even more depressed. At least I have limit my loss and can re-enter the position when it looks entirely more feasible. In that case I will be looking to make up the lost amount before thinking of any profit. I love trading!

Tubbs said:
Major screw up today from Capital Spreads - I had a crude position open. One of my stops was hit which halved my positions. I then moved the stop right away from the market on the other position. The old stop was hit so they sold out my remaining position. I am not happy.

hmm now then, if its a Capital Spreads error, then the very least they can and should do is to make your position good again.

Problems will happen from time to time but this is an example where a company can use a problem/negative client experience to actual bolster its reputation of being a good company by acting in the right way.

Best with it Tubbs.

tubbs et al.

if this is an error it is the kind that can only work in a clients favour..becus if it is our fault and the market goes for you, we will never know..and if it goes against you then you ring us up and we have to pay out.

On fill times ..we have made a series of improvements that should speed up fills a bit. But the auto fill is still a few weeks away (at least that is what I am told!). I notice that complaints are always about FX .. and of course we wish that everything was perfect...but I can assure you that we are trying to get everything as good as possible.

simon.

coolTrader said:
I thought you were talking about entering a trade with an order. I always use stops.

Hi coolTrader, I use orders to both open and to close trades. I know its a bit awkward, but if I am going to trade a break out or in a fast market, then I want to be sure I get my price, and so far CS have been okay on this.

abobtrader said:
Hi coolTrader, I use orders to both open and to close trades. I know its a bit awkward, but if I am going to trade a break out or in a fast market, then I want to be sure I get my price, and so far CS have been okay on this.

How quick is the fill for market entry?

coolTrader said:
How quick is the fill for market entry?

its not instant, I'd say it takes about as long as it does to get stopped out of a position, as both entry orders and stop-loss orders are likely processed the same way (?). Anyway, I'd say an average of 10 seconds, give or take. Just try it and see if you are comfortable with it.

Simon, when you have auto execution what will be the pip cut-off level for cable or euro/usd rolling contracts ?

I've tried it and AM NOT comfortable with it. In fact you could say I was really really peed off with the delays and failure to fill some trades that moved in my favour, but always fill the ones that don't.

I don't consider them useable for daytrading at all.

JonnyT

If Capital spreads brought in auto execution for forex would that equal the auto execution now offered by Oanda?

Simon - A slightly different question to the FX questions you're fielding at the mo. Would you be able to advise when you will quote more than the front month contract for commodities. See I had a mishap tonight, I opened a long on Soy Meal on Thurs. Whilst in the knowledge that your quoted contract closes earlier than the exchange quoted contract for Jan, I missed the cut off for rolling SM today by about ten mins, if that, as I was later than I expected getting in from the day job. I won't be able to place now until Thursday due to other commitments during the trading range tomorrow and may, therefore lose out in this particular instance if SM continues its' journey north.

See, had I placed this with Fins I would have gone with the Mar contract last Thurs, as it was so close to contract close, but as you only quote the front contract for a host of commodities I am not able to do this. This is quite prohibitive when you're trading close to contract expiry. For instance, if I open a trade on Soyabean today, I then have to call you to roll it as you do not quote the next months contract. Discussing it with Marc tonight he said you were aware of the issue, but could not advise whether plans were in place to sort it out and quote future contracts in addition to front month. Are you considering this?

DESKPRO said:
Has any one tried

http://www.capitalforex.com

they seem to be from the same company as Capital Spreads - thnk they have 24hr trading according to the web site. Never tried just wondering what performance etc is like

From the web site

"Price transparency and fast execution
Our dealing platform offers one of the highest possible level of price transparency via real-time quotes, and a speed of execution amongst the quickest in the industry. Indeed the consistency of our prices and fills is one of the main reasons for professional traders to choose Capital Forex."

JonnyT et al

We have now amended our FX feeds and you should see a marked improvement in fills.

Abotrader

Orders are not autofilled because of the problems of out prints activating orders. In FX this will almost certainly change on the release of our next upgrade.

chindl

a fair point I will look at why the next month/qtr was not available sooner...

capital forex is our FX platform and is not Spread Betting. It is 24 hours as we place the positions with a third party after 21.00 .

bharat

we were hoping for sometime in Jan … but it may be a bit later maybe start of feb.

I am off now for Christmas period so all I can now say is

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Great New Year !

Simon

DESKPRO said:
From the web site

"Price transparency and fast execution
Our dealing platform offers one of the highest possible level of price transparency via real-time quotes, and a speed of execution amongst the quickest in the industry. Indeed the consistency of our prices and fills is one of the main reasons for professional traders to choose Capital Forex."

HA! Surely this is not capital spreads.

capitalspreads said:
JonnyT et al

We have now amended our FX feeds and you should see a marked improvement in fills.

Abotrader

Orders are not autofilled because of the problems of out prints activating orders. In FX this will almost certainly change on the release of our next upgrade.

chindl

a fair point I will look at why the next month/qtr was not available sooner...

capital forex is our FX platform and is not Spread Betting. It is 24 hours as we place the positions with a third party after 21.00 .

bharat

we were hoping for sometime in Jan … but it may be a bit later maybe start of feb.

I am off now for Christmas period so all I can now say is

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Great New Year !

Simon

NO improvements Except your price seems to be out by 1 or more pips! depending on which side of the market you choose to be short or long :eek:

Who is this third party?

I am sure orders are not autofill because you make more money by deciding when to and when not to close a position.

I am close to the door now Simon. If it is not phone only it is price has expired. Lets see when this will end. As I said it makes for nervous trading. "Will they or will they not execute". Even in a slow market! when the price is not moving.

I am looking forward to trading in the New year and I hope you do have a good Holiday. Watching for the improvements. It is not there

cooltrader

please can you call us and talk to our IT guys as there must be a problem with your connection at our end because we have no records of any deals being expired...

as there is no absolute exchange on FX I find it difficult to accept that we are 1 pip out (!!) .. who are you comparing us with .. . Everybody must get their feeds from somewhere. We just quote the feed that we get. As I have repeatedly said we never bias our prices ... NEVER EVER..

Simon

Hi Simon,
Yes, I believe your execution have improved only when the dealer are taking out stop , on the trade entry side I have not seen any improvement.

Regards
Alt

capitalspreads said:
cooltrader

please can you call us and talk to our IT guys as there must be a problem with your connection at our end because we have no records of any deals being expired...

as there is no absolute exchange on FX I find it difficult to accept that we are 1 pip out (!!) .. who are you comparing us with .. . Everybody must get their feeds from somewhere. We just quote the feed that we get. As I have repeatedly said we never bias our prices ... NEVER EVER..

Simon

Ok will call you Sometime in the new year if it continues. I am surprised though that this was not logged? I compare you with oanda and metatrader and some others. The price difference is rather annoying becuase I sometimes have to watch to see if the price is correct becuase in the past I have gotten bad fills because of it.

Looking at the prce it is the same now. 1.7370 will be watching. The one pip difference does not bother me just irritates.

Will be watching the fills and come back to give a feed back

ps.
You are still my favourite day trading broker for spreadbetting ;)

Last edited: