Best Thread Capital Spreads

That's odd. The last post I read on this site was you being rude to someone for no obvious reason.
Yes I agree, Truth Seeker gets carried away by his own personal and emotional agenda. I do not have the same opinion as Simon about referral to a dealer flagging but Truth Seekers ranting about it is way too much, and does not at all reflect Simon and Capitalspreads service level. In fact Capitalspreads is definitively one of the best companies around (despite the referral to a dealer issue).

ross

tongue in cheek i guess !.... i was trying to give some sort of indication. I should have been more exact and said.... clients who trade 20/30 times a day but never hold a position for longer than a few seconds (or occasionally a minute if the latency allowed them to get on a directional move)

In the long run these clients are easy to spot. In normal business every client trade has a 50/50 chance of winning from the moment of execution.. (after all markets can only go in one of two directions... up or down! ) ... if we get a client who trades over and over again but never makes a loss (i.e his worse trades are scratch or maybe a pip down) then the law of probability comes into play. It is impossible to call the toss of a coin ten..twenty times in a row. If a client exhibits this ability then... surprise surprise we suspect something.

simon

It's not true "every client trade has 50/50 chance of winning from the moment of execution". One target very small profit but very large stop loss can have very high win/loss ratio, but it's also very dangerous one large loss can wipe many small wins. Experienced high frequency trader can avoid this danger.
You can see my transactions log, it shows high win/loss ratio. It's experience plus lucky. I don't trade latency, all technical. Do you think this is suspicious?
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/wzero_sh/trades.jpg

Last edited:
Truth Seeker is well known across many threads.. making completely unfounded staements which generally reflect his opinion as though they were 'fact'.

Not only this but he does not even have an account with us (and never has had ) yet makes such well informed comments about our platform and charts... wow.. in reality our platform is recognised as being amongst the most user friendly of all the spread betting offerings and our charts are widely recognised as being leaders in the industry (shame you dont even look at them).. they are even live and configurable on iphone/ipad and android. they permit extensive back testing .. allow you set up trade situations in plain english as in "if the 5min moving average moves above the 10 min then I want a message", and vice verse, ad infinitum, they record almost every tick (not just once a second as when we had IT Finance used by most of our competitors)..are totally free .... etc etc etc. In fact going round our investors recently, several of them actually stated that they used CS charts in their professional work as they were better than the "paid for one's" supplied by their companies!

Not only this but LCG/Capital Spreads is now the second biggest Spread Betting company out there by client numbers and getting bigger.. and before anyone says anything we do know that the biggest is much bigger.

So when Mr Truth Seeker denigrates my company as being some minor player i request that readers take most of his comment in this light. i.e they come from a position of total and absolute ignorance of the reality of our industry.

then he asks questions in which the answer is already imbedded... e.g. "how long before you start playing silly games" . i.e "A loaded question".. this is a question which contains a controversial assumption and as such contains a presumption of guilt. Rather like the question "Have you stopped beating your wife"? it pre-supposes that you already do something that in reality you do not actually do. i.e "beat your wife". making any answer of "yes" or "no" an admission that you once did/or still do such a thing

He then accuses us of perfidity by not answering a question to which there is no answer.

but then he knows this. and is in reality trying to get a rise out of us. Which seems to be his idea of fun across a huge number of these threads.

But just to say it again "the only people put on dealer acceptance are those who we suspect of latency trading" .. yes we could just close their accounts.. but .. .. our platforms are still amongst the best consistent spreads out there. and the client can still trade perfectly easily.In reality this is just not a large number of clients. Everyone else just gets the vast majority of the trades they want at the price they want. Pretty much instantly.

Asking for proof of my statements is pretty meaningless as well as, if you are not willing to accept the statement in the first place, this basically means that you would dispute the proof if it was presented here.

Again i ask the rather obvious comment of "why dont you actually try CS out with matched trades versus your current provider. you never know it might save you money!" but by the way i generally find that people who boast of how much money they might eventually decide to take from us if they ever get around to using us ... generally..eerr ... dont !

And yes Ross, i agree, some of his outburst versus other comentators makes my mild admonition pale into insignificance

Cheers

Simon

wzero

you are missing the other bit in the analysis... the bit where i specify that this is when the client gets out in a few seconds nearly every single time.

Because a client has the option of when to exit (not us) then the probablity of increased numbers of winning bets versus losing ones weighs very heavily toward winning bets... which surprises many people.

This is because minor moves after the event of an originating trade have a very good probility of moving into a profitable position before the client chooses to exit at a loss. In plain language many clients will take dozens of £50 profits but would never take a £50 loss! Preferring to wait in the hope that it turns round in his favour.

In this scenario we get clients who have multiple (and i do mean multiple) winning trades. Sometimes pages and pages on our back office. But these clients 'take positions' which Capital Spreads has absolutely no problem with because we always have the option of hedging them (although i might grimace a bit if a client takes a couple of hundred grand off us before we identify him/her as 'hedge' book!)

As i always say winning clients are part of our biz. I noted recently that our biggest competitor made mention of a client who deposited £40m and had won some £20m in a very short period of time. You can bet your bottom dollar that they take good care to take note of what he does!

simon

Last edited:
Simon, less of the drama and less of the dancing around my questions calling for help by the regular non-traders of any relevance here (which shows your desperation I might add), just answer my questions fully rather than going on unfounded character assassination. Glee and the other one (Ross?) who always post here have no jobs or trade live or they would know what i'm saying and understand the questions I'm asking, that's why they are here 24/7, you should be more choosy with the company you keep..

I'm very experienced with trading with sb companies and have over four sb accounts trading as others have been closed or made untradable, believe me or not, I really don't give a damn as you're unimportant in my world too, I'm just looking to for yet another sb company to help fund my retirement and thought I was communicating with a straight talking honest person, but by your replies you're just another insulting bookie. So far in my experience sb companies basically play the same games, by their actions they HATE constant winners like me (up to 30 trades per day) and either close their accounts (CMC are well known for this) or make their life a living nightmare with dealer referral (which your company does with your own admission).

I have tried your company software through demo in the past, that's how I know I didn't like it, I thought that obvious - not for people on the defensive it seems. I will try a new demo to see if your platform has improved and may even open a live account with a small sum so not to stick out and see how it easy it is to get my usual targets with your company and report back here and over the internet with proof of statements etc.

Simon, less of the drama and less of the dancing around my questions calling for help by the regular non-traders of any relevance here (which shows your desperation I might add), just answer my questions fully rather than going on unfounded character assassination. Glee and the other one (Ross?) who always post here have no jobs or trade live or they would know what i'm saying and understand the questions I'm asking, that's why they are here 24/7, you should be more choosy with the company you keep..

I'm very experienced with trading with sb companies and have over four sb accounts trading as others have been closed or made untradable, believe me or not, I really don't give a damn as you're unimportant in my world too, I'm just looking to for yet another sb company to help fund my retirement and thought I was communicating with a straight talking honest person, but by your replies you're just another insulting bookie. So far in my experience sb companies basically play the same games, by their actions they HATE constant winners like me (up to 30 trades per day) and either close their accounts (CMC are well known for this) or make their life a living nightmare with dealer referral (which your company does with your own admission).

I have tried your company software through demo in the past, that's how I know I didn't like it, I thought that obvious - not for people on the defensive it seems. I will try a new demo to see if your platform has improved and may even open a live account with a small sum so not to stick out and see how it easy it is to get my usual targets with your company and report back here and over the internet with proof of statements etc.

Although I realise your main mission is to wind people up, FYO I do have a job and have traded live for fifteen years, a decade with spreadbet. I believe that 'Glee' has been at it for even longer.

As you're such a brilliant trader, please do open a live CS account and post your calls and results on here. Start with what must be an insignificant amount to a person of your stature, say £1000, and then trade in a way that can't be construed as taking advantage of latency.
Come to think of it, maybe Simon could make this an official Challenge Truth Seeker event?:)

I wonder who is the greatest "drama queen" of them all? Start with a live account and please don't post demo trades like you did on the CMC thread. You act like you are a victim before you even start trading live with CS. I am sure that Simon will help you out if need of support, that is if you stop this insulting agenda you seem to be thriving on.

FYO I do have a job and have traded live for fifteen years, a decade with spreadbet. I believe that 'Glee' has been at it for even longer.

I don't think so mate , if it is true then it is pathetic sorry , for someone who's trading that long should be matured by now and became a professional , not jumping from a thread to thread asking about new SB companies and making same discussions over and over again about the spread whether it is a pip wide or 1.5 pip and about a pip slippage here and there , i am sorry but the truth hurts mate , neither you or Gle or TS are real traders sorry to burst your bubble guys .

I don't think so mate , if it is true then it is pathetic sorry , for someone who's trading that long should be matured by now and became a professional , not jumping from a thread to thread asking about new SB companies and making same discussions over and over again about the spread whether it is a pip wide or 1.5 pip and about a pip slippage here and there , i am sorry but the truth hurts mate , neither you or Gle or TS are real traders sorry to burst your bubble guys .
Sorry to hear that you take the same route as Truth Seeker. But you are of course entitled to your opinion as long as you don't emerge on an rude and insulting path. I like to communicate and if you haven't noticed this is in fact a discussion forum.
Sorry I won't see you around here when you become a so called "real" trader.:)

Don't be sorry, because you're absolutely right. I'll have to go and shoot myself now and end my pathetic existence. (If it's OK with you, though, I'll have to wait until later when the rain clears and I can get out of the house. Don't want to make a mess on my new stair carpet.)

Don't be sorry, because you're absolutely right. I'll have to go and shoot myself now and end my pathetic existence. (If it's OK with you, though, I'll have to wait until later when the rain clears and I can get out of the house. Don't want to make a mess on my new stair carpet.)
Ha ha, I wish I could make such a humorous post.:D

Ha ha, I wish I could make such a humorous post.:D

I bet you wish you could trade too, and your mate Ross, two loners trawling on a free bb site insulting traders who wish to cut a deal with sb bookies, yours is a sad existence indeed. If you knew half you think you do, you wouldn't be posting here half as much....now go away and think about that for a minute.:idea:

I bet you wish you could trade too, and your mate Ross, two loners trawling on a free bb site insulting traders who wish to cut a deal with sb bookies, yours is a sad existence indeed. If you knew half you think you do, you wouldn't be posting here half as much....now go away and think about that for a minute.:idea:
Don't take it so serious Truth Seeker. If you can't take a joke like that from Ross, don't engage in the discussion in the first place. Who is insulting who is quite clear, and it is not Simon or Ross, or me for that matter.

Obviously, we all dream of being able to trade as well as you say you can, so is it a yes or no to the Truth Seeker Challenge? If not, remember this is the Capital Spreads thread. What's the point of being here if you have no intention of opening an account and apparently disbelieve everything posted here, whether it comes from the bloke who founded Capital Spreads, who can reasonably be expected to know what he's talking about, or sad amateur losers like myself.

Think about that -- and take as long as you want.:)

As mentioned Truth Seeker has been commenting on this thread for a very long time now. Without actually having an account!
As virtually every question that could possibly be asked has been asked perhaps he can either open an account and then comment from a position of knowledge or go to those threads which deal with those platforms that he does seem to use.
This is not rude or insulting it is just fact. How somebody can make so many 'factual statements' about something he does not actually use or have any experience of beats me.

Can we please stop slagging each other off. I have no idea what defines 'a dealer' and i have technically been one for nearly 30 years. Trading as a professional for major financial institutions on derivatives (swaps, futures, options, quant models etc) /bonds (both sovereign and corporate) and FX desks and i would never (ever ) try to quantify what makes a dealer.
Our most succesful client, in percentage return terms, remains a chap who put down a few grand and walked off with over £350k, trading indices, and this was in the days when the quotes were wider than they are now. And what was he?.. a BT Engineer from Brentwood!

Was he a 'trader' ? Who knows. What he did though was walk away when he had made his pile (probably bought a house).

Cheers
Simon

As mentioned Truth Seeker has been commenting on this thread for a very long time now. Without actually having an account!
As virtually every question that could possibly be asked has been asked perhaps he can either open an account and then comment from a position of knowledge or go to those threads which deal with those platforms that he does seem to use.
This is not rude or insulting it is just fact. How somebody can make so many 'factual statements' about something he does not actually use or have any experience of beats me.

Can we please stop slagging each other off. I have no idea what defines 'a dealer' and i have technically been one for nearly 30 years. Trading as a professional for major financial institutions on derivatives (swaps, futures, options, quant models etc) /bonds (both sovereign and corporate) and FX desks and i would never (ever ) try to quantify what makes a dealer.
Our most succesful client, in percentage return terms, remains a chap who put down a few grand and walked off with over £350k, trading indices, and this was in the days when the quotes were wider than they are now. And what was he?.. a BT Engineer from Brentwood!

Was he a 'trader' ? Who knows. What he did though was walk away when he had made his pile (probably bought a house).

Cheers
Simon
"Can we please stop slagging each other off". Yes I am all for it.:)

Our most succesful client, in percentage return terms, remains a chap who put down a few grand and walked off with over £350k, trading indices, and this was in the days when the quotes were wider than they are now.
Quite an achievement (y)
How long did it take him?

a few months.. it was unbelievable at the time.. it seemed that every time he bought the market then went higher through the day and vice versa every time he sold.. by the end he was doing very large size.

Which is what makes such analysis so difficult. If you trade for yourself you can gear up as you make money or hunker down when things look tough. But the investment /pension / (even hedge) funds etc are generally much more restrictive. Even if the fund doubled they could still only trade in the original authorised sizes (within reason of course).

Simon