Best Thread Capital Spreads

I went long EuroSwiss June 09 on monday. It took over 1 minute to fill the trade. I went to close today via the platform for profit. On both occasions I got a "your request is being processed" message both times I did not get filled.

The market then switched to phone only. I called and spoke to some chap called Henrik. I was told that they were going to deduct 23 points from my profit because THEY had the June 09 price mixed up with the December 08 price and I should have known that I was trading the December 08 price.

The amusing point is that one of their own DEALRS called FANFAN filled the trade so it wasn't the bot. Surely, FanFan would have realised that this guy is taking a December08 price so should/would have rejected the trade. Did I get a rejection....hmmmm no.

This lot are laugh a minute !
You did get a price that did not reflect the underlying asset. It work both ways you know. If you think CS is a joke, why are you trading with them?

It makes me laugh that yo guys actually put up with this crap .....
Keep posting, next this I will hear is Gordon Brown as Sold the countires gold , hoooo he allready had when its was $370 :)
On a sireiouse note, BOE Intrest rate in UK now at 0.25 with the high street lending at 11% Banks Get even more gready as Britans public stand for it ...
I now remember why my family left UK in the 1970s

If the UK public & goverment owns a % of its banks and still cant get them to pass on intrest rate cuts what hope has UK got ?

I would love to see spread betting being taxed. That will be highly amusing because what would be then be the point of CS and all the bookies. That would be brilliant, that would.:D

I would love to see spread betting being taxed. That will be highly amusing because what would be then be the point of CS and all the bookies. That would be brilliant, that would.:D
Yes I wouldn't be surprised if that is in the pipeline in the not so far future. SB positions are regarded as financial instruments by some officials here i Sweden. They are comparing SB positions being similar to options, and of these being liable for taxation. At the moment it is not taxable, but I believe that this will change in the years to come. I don't believe this will change the strong position of SB, on the contrary it will attract a new group of investors.

Apologies in advance for for the following question.
I don't want to start up a new thread
would like to know what people think of interactive investor.
I have opened a small account to test the water, I have had no problems so far, just concerned what will happen, if and when I increase the account size.
would like your views and comments please on the above thanks

I have opened a small account to test the water, I have had no problems so far, just concerned what will happen, if and when I increase the account size.

Hi gamma,

Who are interactive investors? Would it be possible to post a link?
Thanks.

Eduardo.

They are Finspreads aka City Index.

Steve.

Interactive Investor are OK, execution is good for the sizes I deal at (small!) Their margin requirements are very high at the moment, 20% for some ftse 100 stocks, NTR of £400 for wall street rolling and futures.

What kind of ****ing wanker would spread bet without the tax advantages!?!?
I don't agree. Lots of traders will continue using SB even if they have to pay tax on profit. In fact many newbies would probably benefit as they can deduct the losses from their taxes. The tax issue is not why most people trade with SB. A minimum deposit, low entry level and easy access to the financial markets play a more important roll as I see it.

I don't agree. Lots of traders will continue using SB even if they have to pay tax on profit. In fact many newbies would probably benefit as they can deduct the losses from their taxes. The tax issue is not why most people trade with SB. A minimum deposit, low entry level and easy access to the financial markets play a more important roll as I see it.

If you are relying on any of the latter you're going to get ****ed. Especially tiny deposit - extreme leverage is a very bad thing for most people :)

You are impossible!

Eduardo.

Only having a laugh mate!

Anyway link is gone, we'll all forget about it now? Think about kittens?

noekula-kittens.jpg

Only having a laugh mate!

Anyway link is gone, we'll all forget about it now? Think about kittens?

noekula-kittens.jpg

Aaaah! That's better... :D
By the way, these guys, Interactive Investors, I agree that they have got something to do with City Index ( and therefore, Finspreads) as Tom Hougaard's mugshot is found there.
Are they any better than Fins?

Eduardo.

Mmmh! There's a lot to debate here; if you tax spreadbets, there will be little difference between SB and CFD, and some CFD providers offer very low minimum size, as little as 1 contract on the FTSE100, equivalent to £1ppp.
I would think that SB would lose the advantage.
Anybody agrees?

Eduardo.

Mmmh! There's a lot to debate here; if you tax spreadbets, there will be little difference between SB and CFD, and some CFD providers offer very low minimum size, as little as 1 contract on the FTSE100, equivalent to £1ppp.
I would think that SB would lose the advantage.
Anybody agrees?

Eduardo.

well, cfd brokers work on commission so less than £5pp sbs are cheaper.