Capital Spreads - Wot A Pile Of Xxxx

No, he got booted out for being crap. Then they kicked out his replacement after 6 months for also being crap.

they are n't the only ones struggling alittle,
even the 10billion dollar man at CMC markets is having a few problems

maybe the era of spread betting is coming to an end with so many now informing the new comers that spread betting is not the safe way to trade

seems you are only as good as your last 6 months in the world of spread betting, sure simon will go on to better things, as he seemed a decent bloke

it would be nice to see the back of these spread betting firms, as they add nothing to the real economy, nor are they really part of the city of londons square mile
not that Sky news seem to realise as whenever there is a financial story they visit one of the UKs bucket shops

not seen Cap spreads on yet though..

it would be nice to see the back of these spread betting firms, as they add nothing to the real economy

Does that also apply to all bookies such as Ladbrokes etc ?

they are n't the only ones struggling alittle,
even the 10billion dollar man at CMC markets is having a few problems

maybe the era of spread betting is coming to an end with so many now informing the new comers that spread betting is not the safe way to trade

seems you are only as good as your last 6 months in the world of spread betting, sure simon will go on to better things, as he seemed a decent bloke

it would be nice to see the back of these spread betting firms, as they add nothing to the real economy, nor are they really part of the city of londons square mile
not that Sky news seem to realise as whenever there is a financial story they visit one of the UKs bucket shops

not seen Cap spreads on yet though..

"maybe the era of spread betting is coming to an end with so many now informing the new comers that spread betting is not the safe way to trade"

Absolutely nothing wrong with spread betting, I make make my living from spread betting, it is a trading vehicle and if used correctly and responsibly it is just as profitable than any other form of trading, the only people that give it a bad reputation are the persistent losers that would still blow up their accounts even on DMA, Futures, Options or whatever. A trade is a trade, and an entry is an entry regardless of what option you use to trade.

The other type of people who give it a bad reputation are the ones who just bitch about it at any given opportunity, most of these 'types' don't even trade, and if they do, they probably fall into the same bracket as the first type....the losing trader that blames everyone else for his/hers loses, including the broker or SB.

"it would be nice to see the back of these spread betting firms, as they add nothing to the real economy, nor are they really part of the city of londons square mile
not that Sky news seem to realise as whenever there is a financial story they visit one of the UKs bucket shops "

Add nothing to the economy apart from providing hundreds of jobs?
Also the tax they pay into the system?

Sure lets close them all down, put all the staff on the dole, its not like the UK needs the tax revenue.

"maybe the era of spread betting is coming to an end "

From what I see IG just get bigger and bigger, don't see any issue with them.

"maybe the era of spread betting is coming to an end with so many now informing the new comers that spread betting is not the safe way to trade"

Absolutely nothing wrong with spread betting, I make make my living from spread betting, it is a trading vehicle and if used correctly and responsibly it is just as profitable than any other form of trading, the only people that give it a bad reputation are the persistent losers that would still blow up their accounts even on DMA, Futures, Options or whatever. A trade is a trade, and an entry is an entry regardless of what option you use to trade.

The other type of people who give it a bad reputation are the ones who just bitch about it at any given opportunity, most of these 'types' don't even trade, and if they do, they probably fall into the same bracket as the first type....the losing trader that blames everyone else for his/hers loses, including the broker or SB.

"it would be nice to see the back of these spread betting firms, as they add nothing to the real economy, nor are they really part of the city of londons square mile
not that Sky news seem to realise as whenever there is a financial story they visit one of the UKs bucket shops "

Add nothing to the economy apart from providing hundreds of jobs?
Also the tax they pay into the system?

Sure lets close them all down, put all the staff on the dole, its not like the UK needs the tax revenue.

"maybe the era of spread betting is coming to an end "

From what I see IG just get bigger and bigger, don't see any issue with them.

they are not the real square mile - just wannabes
and they don't bring the 60 billion to the Exchequer
possibly 1 - 2 if they are lucky

do we really want a society addicted to betting,
there is only so much money to go around in the UK (from the consumer)
it can either be spent on betting - or usually just spent in the real economy
possibly it makes no difference where its spent (except then which major company is dodging paying there taxes through tax havens)

but the same money would be better spent in the consumer economy sustaining real jobs

and when i ring alot of these spread betting firms- its seems often we are talking to someone from Europe - not the UK anyway
i have no problem taking to a french lady with a sexy voice - but its not the picture you paint above

and the sooner we see the back of Wonga / Betfair and Sky poker adverts the better

this is not trading - only gambling, same as spread betting
(i trade real ECN by the way)

Last edited:
If you are an ES tick scalper, then trying that on SB is lunacy (spreads and micro level feed variance).

If you have wider stops and targets and take fewer trades per day,
or even swing trade, SB is fine for that as you won't be as affected by spreads
or micro level feed variance, if at all.

Just a case of picking the tool for the job.

The spread betting industry is far better than it was even five years ago and gives everyone the opportunity of learning how to trade for teh price of a day out at Alton Towers. If SB became illegal, as in the US, no doubt the gap would be filled by umpteen UK-based deep discount futures brokers, but we'd need much more money to open accounts because the exchanges set the required margins. No chance of bunging in £100 and trading the DAX at a quid a point.

Yes 5 years has been as long time for the trading industry and all good for the consumer, better competition and fewer brokers or SB's operating with dirty secrets, although nothing will ever surprise me in this industry..........

Reading other posts on this thread, if a business model is successful or not is not about how much tax or revenue it brings into the country, it either delivers what the consumer wants in an open and transparent way or it does not, and when there is a good competitive market each company needs to deliver or they will lose clients. Just simple evolution and survival of the fittest......

The medium to long term trader simply wants full transparency, competing against the market and only the market and not the market + broker, the lowest of turnaround costs etc etc

SB's have a role as in previous post, but that role is limited, and saying you trade with a SB is a bit like saying you keep fit by going to your local gym. There is not a semi-elite athlete in the world that would class a gym as their main training ground, the same way as there is not a trader worth his salt who would say SB's are their main way of trading...............

But like gyms SB's are good for a certain demographic....but not the semi serious trader and anyone stating "I have used SB's for 5 years and are great" are in this analagy, and equal to the guy who states i have been going to my gym for 5 years and feeling pretty good....but they are definately not athletes

But like gyms SB's are good for a certain demographic....but not the semi serious trader and anyone stating "I have used SB's for 5 years and are great" are in this analagy, and equal to the guy who states i have been going to my gym for 5 years and feeling pretty good....but they are definately not athletes

So I'm not a semi serious trader becasue I trade via SB...if I read that right?

I love it when people make ridiculous comparisons to try and get their points across. Must add spredbetting and going to the gym to the list.

Thought there might have been an ego or two take the statement to heart.........

No need to split hairs over the semi serious or not, fact is if you trade via SB's you are not a professional trader. Arguing over the semi serious or not is hardly worth it and not the point, max win from CS has been £120,000...ever! Not that I am saying that is a small figure but it shows the limits of SB.

and by the way ffsear, mr moderator, the analagy is a very good one. How many of the SB's support this site for you?

Its not, you've made it up to suit your argument. They are 2 completely different activities that bare no resemblance to each other.

Moderator = Volunteer = nothing to do with the running of this website. Stop talking rubbish please.

Thought there might have been an ego or two take the statement to heart.........

No need to split hairs over the semi serious or not, fact is if you trade via SB's you are not a professional trader. Arguing over the semi serious or not is hardly worth it and not the point, max win from CS has been £120,000...ever! Not that I am saying that is a small figure but it shows the limits of SB.

and by the way ffsear, mr moderator, the analagy is a very good one. How many of the SB's support this site for you?

If thats aimed at me, my ego isn't hurt, its still flourishing and in full bloom.

Also you made no reference to professional traders before, your comment was explicit that if you SB then you are not even a semi serious trader. Thats not splitting hairs.

I don't trade with CS, I did in the past, but most of my transactions go through City and IG now.

Either way, I can't take you seriously.

Yawn.......................spltting hairs again and was making a point regarding traders using SB's.

A professional trader does not use SB's, end of. That was the point i was making and that is unarguable, if you want to split hairs over semi serious and yes mr moderator talking rubbish as you did stating the analagy was ridiculous. They are not seperate activities as in both fall under the trader banner.

Anyway got work to do.

laters

Yawn.......................spltting hairs again and was making a point regarding traders using SB's.

A professional trader does not use SB's, end of. That was the point i was making and that is unarguable, if you want to split hairs over semi serious and yes mr moderator talking rubbish as you did stating the analagy was ridiculous. They are not seperate activities as in both fall under the trader banner.

Anyway got work to do.

laters

Lol, whatever you say Mr Know It All,

You had your say, I had mine, but by the looks of things you have no experience in this topic, nor does it look like you know what you are talking about either.

Anyway, best of luck to you, I won't participate in this thread anymore as its clear your not educated in this subject.

All the best and good luck with the 9 till 5.

Yes 5 years has been as long time for the trading industry and all good for the consumer, better competition and fewer brokers or SB's operating with dirty secrets, although nothing will ever surprise me in this industry..........

Reading other posts on this thread, if a business model is successful or not is not about how much tax or revenue it brings into the country, it either delivers what the consumer wants in an open and transparent way or it does not, and when there is a good competitive market each company needs to deliver or they will lose clients. Just simple evolution and survival of the fittest......

The medium to long term trader simply wants full transparency, competing against the market and only the market and not the market + broker, the lowest of turnaround costs etc etc

SB's have a role as in previous post, but that role is limited, and saying you trade with a SB is a bit like saying you keep fit by going to your local gym. There is not a semi-elite athlete in the world that would class a gym as their main training ground, the same way as there is not a trader worth his salt who would say SB's are their main way of trading...............

Lee Shepherd does OK with IG SB as well as DAX is showing in his thread.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...-make-money-spread-betting-6.html#post2138664
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...ee-shepherds-trading-diary-8.html#post2140444
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...ee-shepherds-trading-diary-5.html#post2108144

Unless you are doing the following:
Tick scalping the ES or similar (spreads wider, feed variance at micro level).
Need volume/tape/dom.
Automate (although IG now offer MT4 - I wouldn't use MT4, but thats beside the point).
If you get a re-quote with SB, chances are you would get slippage instead with ECN.
SB is perfectly OK if you accept the above points.

Most props and institutional desks use exchange traded products as they get
tiered volume commission deals, and can trade greater size due to real market liquidity
as opposed to SB book.
That does not mean SB is unusable.

Even if you do need volume/tape and so on, there are ways around that:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/futures-options/179986-recommeded-futures-broker-3.html#post2205074

Last edited:

A professional trader does not use SB's, end of. That was the point i was making and that is unarguable, ....

Anyway got work to do.

laters

Oxford dictionary definition "Professional"
"Engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as an amateur:"

I am a professional trader and I use an SB.
Dax30DayTrader is a professional trader and he uses an SB.

Thats a pretty good argument to the 'unarguable point' you failed to make.
Its not the stupidest thing you've posted, but its up there.
I assume the work you have to do is at the Littlewoods call center, because Dixons fired you. :LOL:

As expected the egotistical alpha male typical arrogant trader demographic are starting to post so yes have work to do that does not include posting on this site, as you seem to have plenty of time for with your 2000+

mmmm...........BSc in Chemistry, consultant in areas you could only dream about and more brain cells and aptitude than you can even imagine and use them to my advantage.

Good luck all with your trading..........