Canslim EZ

dbphoenix said:
CANSLIM EZ gets past the IBD swamp in favor of a simple fundamental screen and appraisal of the best-looking charts therein, though "best-looking" isn't necessarily that which is defined by O'Neil. Since everybody has his own version of the CANSLIM screen, including AAII, you can't expect all of them to yield the same stocks. So, use a canned screen, or create your own based on the book. Then take a macro view of the market and the sector. Then choose your stocks, if there are any to be chosen.

--Db

So, CANSLIM EZ is just an idea/concept you all came up with here on the board then? Are there any canned screens you recommend for picking CANSLIM stocks, or is the MSN screen Domash came up pretty good by itself? Do you still advise subscribing to the IBD paper or any of their online services?

It's funny because I have yet to find a single person who is doing CANSLIM "by the book". Everybody I talk to says they started with CANSLIM as a base, but then added their own style or tweaks to it. I'd love to find someone doing by-the-book CANSLIM and see what their results are like. There is so much information out there, my head is absolutely SWIMMING in information! :confused:

Dave

Actually, I came up with it when I was working on the latest revision of my book. As for canned screens and the custom screen I use, see my previous posts in this thread.

And I'm not an IBD fan.

Edit: I did add one item to my custom screen -- {Sales%ChgPYQ}>=20 -- and changed the minimum EPS from $1 to 50 cents.

Last edited:
wwatson1 said:
Hi ajaskey, I have just been visiting your homepage.

I have book market it as this style of trading appeals to me, When I went through your updated list I came across this nice sideways channel, could be a great trade in the coming few sessions if we see an intraday breakout. :D

BOOM is another low floater / big daily volume with a flat weekly chart. BOOM reports earnings this week so be careful here.

Attachments

• boom.GIF
    boom.GIF
    11.3 KB · Views: 321
wwatson1 said:
Do you trade stocks like BOOM exhibiting this kind of consolidation pattern?

Depends on your definition of trade... I buy the breakouts from these consolidations. And I hold thru subsequent consolidations at a higher level from my original buy. I may buy at the bottom of the range of the consolidation - which is what I did with BOOM around $32 a couple months ago. I wouldn't trade within the consolidation - but others may do it profitably.

The key with BOOM is that is trades over 70% of the float every day. GEOI trades around 40% which is still in the top 1% of all stocks.

Andy

ajaskey said:
The key with BOOM is that is trades over 70% of the float every day. GEOI trades around 40% which is still in the top 1% of all stocks.

Another CANSLIM EZ screen would be to look for stocks that trade over 5% of the float each day with a high RS and a positive ROE. This isn't a "CANSLIM" screen but amazingly finds the best current and future CANSLIM stocks.

Andy

ajaskey said:
Another CANSLIM EZ screen would be to look for stocks that trade over 5% of the float each day with a high RS and a positive ROE. This isn't a "CANSLIM" screen but amazingly finds the best current and future CANSLIM stocks.

Stocks on my GrowthReport list that trade at least 4% of the float each day are:

GEOI
FORD
ERS
QSII
HANS
XWG
PARL
TGE
TOL
LWAY
TIE
BEBE