• Yes.

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • No.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Don't Know.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Crap Buddist said:
Hmm yes agree on the name hearing but I assume everyone can hear everything or everyone complete with different tones accents , languages etc even different species .

I mentioned this to friends and family over a decade or so ago, they said what do you mean ,looking a bit strange like, but everyone I thought does this when they want to ? hmm maybe they cant or dont. Years back I remember thinking, thats amazing isnt it really, no one else seemed interested.
No, you're off the signal line...try again.

Thats cool Frugi cheers.

Back on the internal silent auditory, how does that work, silent yet clear distinction is it just a recall of memory auditory of sorts and why can you hear it?

Mr. Charts said:
Rising volume can be heard in pits.
Volume can also be seen before it actually happens on some instruments on depth of market, especially US shares; also with bot activity on the LSE. Yes, before it happens - long before it appears on a volume bar.
Volume can also be "heard" subconsciously before it happens - with experience.
Please ask some difficult questions, just for a change, SOCRATES ;-)))
Kindest wishes,
Richard
I know you know...but give the others a chance please..:LOL: Let's see who has special faculties and who doesn't....is the object of this thread....;)

Crap Buddist said:
Then what about when you have say a pile of sand on a board and play a constant sound or note through it, this , the sand will form geometric shapes, over and over again.

It has some pre determined order to it, I mean mess the sand up, play the sound again and the sand spookily reforms the shape?

whats going on?
U are getting hotter..

Crap Buddist said:
The Banana plug :)

Looking into the sounds in head apparently something to do with psycho-accoustics and stuff

http://www.kent.ac.uk/sdfva/sound-journal/forrester001.html
Please leave the yellow fruit out of this thread.....I have enough problems on another thread in which these attract the wrong kind of attention and create a real nuisance....:LOL: ....you know what I mean...:rolleyes:...we don't want any of that here if we can possibly avoid it, thank you.

We 'hear' the sound of silence.

Taken from that link I posted , I need to get my head around this, Via a couple of swift halves.

But what frequency is our inner auditory transmitting at ? I mean these can be sounds from non events as mentioned in that link . Silent sounds? So if lip reading is not possible in hearing these sounds, cos the lips aint moving ,that, that means we ?

wait a minute, these sci fi flicks with tall creatures and tales of unspoken communication between, well , things that aint earthly ,

Yes please John.

Last edited:
linesniffer said:
The sand on the metal plate doesn't have a choice once the sound is produced. The multiple grains become organised to the predetermined 'pattern'.

Any warmer?

Are humans genetically predetermined to noise, crowds and so on?
Yes, warmer, more tomorrow.

linesniffer said:
The sand on the metal plate doesn't have a choice once the sound is produced. The multiple grains become organised to the predetermined 'pattern'.

Any warmer?

Are humans genetically predetermined to noise, crowds and so on?

hmm well i think humans come into the world with 2 fears, just 2, the fear of sudden noise and the fear of falling, sound must have some effect of controlling the response of a person, assuming no radical desensitised conditioning programme has been undergone .

Sound is heard if loud enough or different enough to be detected by "regular" receptors or enhanced ones....
Volume does not equal sound.
10 out of 11 in this poll say volume can be heard; are they thinking of sound; are they being guided to give the answer they perceive to be "correct" by the framing of the question?
I shall now be quiet, SOCRATES ;-))
Richard

SOCRATES said:
Can volume be heard at all? It has has been suggested that volume can not only be seen in volume bars but it can also be heard. Do you think this is true or false or neither ?..:cheesy:

I think you gave same important clues in another thread. I initially voted 'Unsure' but I now think the answer is 'Yes'. My reason being that if you are correctly tuned in the volume 'says' BUY or SELL when appropriate. It takes time and effort to tune into these 'sounds'. Am I close?

new_trader said:
I think you gave same important clues in another thread. I initially voted 'Unsure' but I now think the answer is 'Yes'. My reason being that if you are correctly tuned in the volume 'says' BUY or SELL when appropriate. It takes time and effort to tune into these 'sounds'. Am I close?
Yes, very. If you read the post you refer to you wll get the drift immediatly.

I have an alarm on my live feed charts that when there is unusual volume an alarm sounds.....with several speakers at my disposal and the bass cranked up i suspect most of the neighbours can here volume :cheesy:

Have a guess who voted "Don't Know", and why :idea:

Socrates, many will vote what they want other people to see, not what they truly believe, the same way many will shout what they want other people to hear, because, they think that this is what people want to hear.

When are people around here going to say what they really think, maybe never, I suppose :eek: