Can one spread bet or trade FTSE AIM and FTSE Small Cap?

Kenneth Paine

I am trying to find a way of spread betting on the FTSE AIM and FTSE Small Cap indices nearest quarter.

IG and Finspreads with whom I bet at the moment on the main indices will not offer spreads on FTSE AIM and Small Cap and neither will a number of other firms I have approached.

Does your firm offer bets on these indices?

If no spread betting firms offer spreads, what are the alternatives? Can one buy futures contracts? Where and how would one do that?

Many thanks for any pointers.

Kind regards,

Kenneth

Spreadbet small caps

i am also interested to know the same. there a lots of good strategies for these smaller stocks and quite a few are faily liquid so i don't see why any reason why spreadbetting firms won't offer these. I approached CMC and they claim lack of liquidity in these markets. Generally 1 billtion market cap. is the floor.

I am trying to find a way of spread betting on the FTSE AIM and FTSE Small Cap indices nearest quarter.

IG and Finspreads with whom I bet at the moment on the main indices will not offer spreads on FTSE AIM and Small Cap and neither will a number of other firms I have approached.

Does your firm offer bets on these indices?

If no spread betting firms offer spreads, what are the alternatives? Can one buy futures contracts? Where and how would one do that?

Many thanks for any pointers.

Kind regards,

Kenneth

IG and Man tend to offer the smallest UK stocks, so if IG don't, you're probably out of luck.