Cameron/Clegg any good ?

The figure for local Coucil jobs to go is currently about 40%

The clots in Westminster probably won't notice the difference much. They won't be losing their jobs, homes etc. Why don't they agree to keep all the jobs and all public servants take a pay cut ?
Perhaps they haven't thought of it but more likely the greedy b*stards won't let the troubles affect themselves !! That's why there is so little affection or sympathy with politicians imho

As morally bad as that is, ultimately our private sector is far too large. This country will never recover unless they massively shrink the public sector, lower taxes and in many cases remove taxes. They need to remove the public Heath and move to private providers with only assistance going to the ones needing it the most. This will encourage business and grow the economy.

As morally bad as that is, ultimately our private sector is far too large. This country will never recover unless they massively shrink the public sector, lower taxes and in many cases remove taxes. They need to remove the public Heath and move to private providers with only assistance going to the ones needing it the most. This will encourage business and grow the economy.

That will last for a while. But not for too long. I have seen my private medical insurance go up to very high rates. I am 78 and am married.

All these ideas are good before they get started and when one is young. That is why the Libs managed to get as many seats as they did. Only six months after a Lib/Labour government, the pips are starting to squeak. Four years after the next labour government is elected, the UK will go down the pan.

The whole problem is that we are over populated, overfed, obese and spoiled for benefits and early retirement.

All this when the Chinese labourer is on $1 per day. The playground is nowhere near level and, in our hearts, we all know it.

Someone, earlier, asked if we were going to have a type of Chinese communism. I don't know, but poverty, on a very large scale will, eventually, come to the West.

That will last for a while. But not for too long. I have seen my private medical insurance go up to very high rates. I am 78 and am married.

All these ideas are good before they get started and when one is young. That is why the Libs managed to get as many seats as they did. Only six months after a Lib/Labour government, the pips are starting to squeak. Four years after the next labour government is elected, the UK will go down the pan.

The whole problem is that we are over populated, overfed, obese and spoiled for benefits and early retirement.

All this when the Chinese labourer is on $1 per day. The playground is nowhere near level and, in our hearts, we all know it.

Someone, earlier, asked if we were going to have a type of Chinese communism. I don't know, but poverty, on a very large scale will, eventually, come to the West.

Completely agree.

Lot of drug dealers where I'm from. A lot started on street corners without a pot to p1ss in but now have fancy houses and luxury cars. How do expect their punters are doing?

I see the same thing in trade balances etc.

Now its their turn to be wealthier. Can we opt for lower wages to compete ? No not yet , but hunger will imo force us to eventually. The fatcats whether they are drug lords, Union bosses or politicians etc. won't go short. That's life !!

It has always been like that and I don't see how that will change. Not only do they get wealthies, they involve us in wars,, get us all killed and make sure that they stay at home.

That will never change, mate.

Recent example. Spanish air traffic controllers have a strile on one of the most important holidays in the Spanish calendar. Some of them get as much as 600,000 euros per year and they work, on average 27-28 hours per week. Don't tell me that these are common workers! They are in a key profession and can **** everyone else up, so they do.

Recent example. Spanish air traffic controllers have a strile on one of the most important holidays in the Spanish calendar. Some of them get as much as 600,000 euros per year and they work, on average 27-28 hours per week. Don't tell me that these are common workers! They are in a key profession and can **** everyone else up, so they do.

The modern system allows key workers to featherbed their own jobs etc.
The garbage collectors of Naples had a strike which lasted months and of course the stink won it out for them. 600,000 euros is a massive wage but piddling compared to top footballers. The tax man could even it up a lot ?

Damn, I should have been an air traffic controller. That salary is insane!

I notice the Spanish government weren't taking too much nonsense though, and brought the army in and threatened the strikers with jail. Now if only our government had the balls to do that with the tube drivers...

All they have to do is cut the salary to 200k, ride out the strikes etc for a couple of years and wait for the positions to be filled by Asian scab workers who have a better work ethic, then make them permanent.

Like builders in the UK and Eastern Europeans.

I notice the Spanish government weren't taking too much nonsense though, and brought the army in and threatened the strikers with jail. Now if only our government had the balls to do that with the tube drivers...

I think I'd be a bit worried with the army running air traffic. Mind you, the British Army years ago had its own private railway and trained drivers etc. I'd certainly like to see them take on Bob Crow's lot - if only they were still around.

Air traffic controllers are double-smart b@stards. That is a tough job, really - they deserve what they get.

Ronnie Reagan sorted out the American air traffic controllers didn't he!

Liberals should never be allowed into government.

They are a bunch of poncy scumbags who know nowt about f*ck all.

0007, the army has its own air traffic controllers, who are obviously skilled and experienced (if your country has much of an air force that is) and get paid very little. You're happy for them to land high speed jets on air craft carriers moving through the sea, with short runways, but not jumbo jets landing in an airport?

MrGecko, in the UK, they don't seem to get paid anywhere near that, and you don't need to be a genius to do it. That said, it is pretty high pressure, but so are lots of things that don't get 600k a year.

0007, the army has its own air traffic controllers, who are obviously skilled and experienced (if your country has much of an air force that is) and get paid very little. You're happy for them to land high speed jets on air craft carriers moving through the sea, with short runways, but not jumbo jets landing in an airport?

Aren't these the guys that organise "Blue on Blue" events?

Saw a bit of that old film Frisco Kid last night.
Life on the Barbary coast was pretty rough. You killed your opponents, justice for sale etc. Not a situation I would like to live in here. So one gets liberal do-gooders instead !

:D The UK government would, if it had to. The Spanish government had no choice because millions still come here, in addition to the domestic holiday traffic, in spite of the crisis. They were waiting for an excuse and the government gave it to them. They said that they were going to have their pay cut to 400,000 euros. The controllers walked out on the spot at 1700 on Friday afternoon, stopping flights from all over Europe.

So the next morning---State of Emergency! Back to work or prison.

I'm not sure how this is going to end because the government , which has been "talking" since February (remember that there was a strike, then?) are, now,forced into this situation because they brought out unsavoury conditions right on a five day holiday.

Last edited: