Calling all swing/position/trend traders

DYOR and Google, see where it takes you...

As an aside I just wanted to mention "drawdown" given that MR brought it up. Look, here's the thing, at the stage you're at it's (drawdown) an irrelevance if you're trading with 200/500 dollars. You lose 25%? So what. You lose it all, but know it was there to burn whilst you learn? So what..

Do not, repeat do not get hung up about losing 25% of a 500 dollar account, you've only lost 125 dollars FFS...comprende? ;)

You might have to burn through 2 small accounts to get the hang of swinging and what your tolerance to risk is. Plenty of my swings can go 150 pips+ offside before coming back, plenty can go that much offside to alert a swing in the other direction and I'll be *relieved* that my stop of 250+ hasn't been taken out...Some stops get taken out at that level then I swing the other (if all conditions are met etc.) way to catch a bigger ride...

So, you place your first 2 swing/position bets on 2 pairs next week, let's say its Euro and Swissy, (one long one short), how you gonna feel when they're a combined 400 pips offside inside 4-12 hours...? That's your first and biggest test right there and sods law it'll happen in the first week..there isn't a book that's gonna tell you how you feel at that moment if its a new expreience, whatever size you've got on;)

This is where Im trying to get right now. I have a very small account and ive already written it off. i will only put more money in my account for two reasons. its blown. or I double it twice.
Im in the middle of trying to figure out a method to use. I honestly just am learning as i go. Albiet at 10 cents a pip

This is where Im trying to get right now. I have a very small account and ive already written it off. i will only put more money in my account for two reasons. its blown. or I double it twice.

Im in the middle of trying to figure out a method to use. I honestly just am learning as i go. Albiet at 10 cents a pip

We've all been there. Early days just concentrate on one maybe 2 pairs, don't be overly concerned with correlation atm, maybe choose EU & EJ, perhaps look at 3/4 hr TFs, 200pip stops should be enough, but look at the HH or LL of the previous day or session to set your stop. "You never know 'til you bet..!" - J.Livermore...

Oh btw Rooster, on your travels you may find a site called forex-strategies revealed, I recommend it to a lot for folk looking for disciplined entirely rule based entry/exit systems based on TA only. There is enough strats on there to keep you happy/occupied for a month or two, perhaps find a method and get the mind and money right?

Oh btw Rooster, on your travels you may find a site called forex-strategies revealed, I recommend it to a lot for folk looking for disciplined entirely rule based entry/exit systems based on TA only. There is enough strats on there to keep you happy/occupied for a month or two, perhaps find a method and get the mind and money right?

Thanks for both replies. ill check the site out right now.:smart:

We've all been there. Early days just concentrate on one maybe 2 pairs, don't be overly concerned with correlation atm, maybe choose EU & EJ, perhaps look at 3/4 hr TFs, 200pip stops should be enough, but look at the HH or LL of the previous day or session to set your stop. "You never know 'til you bet..!" - J.Livermore...

And yes you never know till you bet. im trying to adopt the mindset of "i got in, placed my stop, placed my T/P, now lets just see what happens" no emotions. Im sure when i have that down another opportunity for self-improvement will present itself..lol

All trading books are overpriced in my opinion, unless you can get them second hand or by other means

If you are talking about some other product, didn't know he had any, I liked the book though.

Last edited:
All trading books are overpriced in my opinion, unless you can get them second hand or by other means

I buy less than half the trading books that I review. Our local library belongs to a consortium and has usually been able to find whatever I was looking for.

If you are talking about some other product, didn't know he had any, I liked the book though.

Some books even talk about methods that don;t work.
I still maintain why sell if you can trade successfully apart from to build your own fund.