Cable - whats the point?

jezza888

Is it just me or has cable become, well, dull?!

Where have the big range days and the nice swings intra day? We just seem to be having days of tight consolidation and then a breakout followed by days upon days of crap.

Any long term fX traders here think/know if its inevitable every so often or have things just changed and its time to change too?

All good if this is what your happy witth but this is just painful...

Any thoughts or ideas anyone?

Jezza

(Charts are current and same time last year)

Attachments

• thisweek.gif
    thisweek.gif
    41.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 2005.gif
    2005.gif
    44.6 KB · Views: 241
...hang in there, it's just a matter of time !

rog1111

jezza888 said:
Is it just me or has cable become, well, dull?!

Where have the big range days and the nice swings intra day? We just seem to be having days of tight consolidation and then a breakout followed by days upon days of crap.

Any long term fX traders here think/know if its inevitable every so often or have things just changed and its time to change too?

All good if this is what your happy witth but this is just painful...

Any thoughts or ideas anyone?

Jezza

(Charts are current and same time last year)

With a bit of patience this is just what you want, with a tight range like this, when it finally moves it should be decisive

On the live cable trades tread 4 to 8 weeks ago Kaffee was talking about the average daily move on cable being below 100pips, it has probably fallen even more since then. Has anyone got a 10 year graph with this indicator on so we can see over the years how many times it has gone below 100.

Thanks,

Breadman

I've only got 30 minute data back a couple of years, anything bigger doesnt really show the intra day movements. Consolidation and a break is all well and good but there have only been a couple like that in the last couple of weeks. It would be good to see whether these days of tight ranges, when they happen, are short lived? If it keeps to these tight ranges I'm gonna have to trade something else I think!

It is moving slowly , not a 100points per day something like 40 point range.
30min chart is showing serious consolidation Looking like :?: ..... I don know just watching..

This is the time one should be glued or set alerts because it will pop ;)

Happy trading

Hope it 'pops' soon because I'm in danger of falling asleep!

Much preferred the old days of 60 down then 80 back up, or 200 down all day rather than this tight consolidation for two days followed by a measly 100 pip burst.

this may be down to rates ? dollar story. I read a pdf from BIS and there figures showed most trading happens in Q2 AND Q3 the first and last quarters can see 35% reductions in volume.

Well on my EUR charts the 14 period ATR is at it's lowest point since 2004. Got no data before that.

G-Man

Nice picture you have on your profile jezza.

Surely it's photo workshop stuff, and not you basejumping off Half Dome (?) in yosemite?

jtrader said:
Nice picture you have on your profile jezza.

Surely it's photo workshop stuff, and not you basejumping off Half Dome (?) in yosemite?

I wish!

I've jumped a few places (mostly NZ) but never managed to get a good quality picture of myself so had to cheat! Never been to America but its certainly on the list as it looks like an amazing place to jump.