Cable spike up to 1.9824 after hrs !!!!!!!!

leovirgo

CMC has a spike all the way up to 1.9824. Anybody got that? Mine is CMC CFDs. Finspreads is still quoting 1.9504. BPH07 futures price is also around1.9500.

Attachments

• 070209GBPUSDspike.jpg.png
    070209GBPUSDspike.jpg.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 368
Probably going on a fishing expedition for bearish stops and bullish limit stops :LOL:

leovirgo said:
CMC has a spike all the way up to 1.9824. Anybody got that? Mine is CMC CFDs. Finspreads is still quoting 1.9504. BPH07 futures price is also around1.9500.

:eek:

leovirgo said:

I'm with CMC and I'm also showing the same 1.9824/27.

I think it's a spike and is not valid.

This has happened a couple of times with falls and rises.

If you have stops/limits I think it blows them out.

I'd follow it up with them. Good luck.

Be interested to know the outcome.

You will need to follow this up with them as the cable never realy had that spike. Check out the price on bloomberg and xe.com It is false data that happens from time to time.

These type of false spikes occurs sometimes on various platforms sometimes by accident and sometimes I believe brokers are trying to cash in on unwary traders.

This happened to me on Oanda where I complained immediately. They said it was an error and thankfully they restored my trade which was a winner in this case.

I would advise you to contact them promptly as there is no way they can say that it was a geniune price especially if you can show that other major feeds were no where near the spiked price.

This looks like an error to me on their part. Faulty platform or operator error.

atholh said:
Aren't those guys closed over the weekend? If so, meaningless data...

Yeah, those spikes arn't excecuted over the weekend.

CMC claim they work on a fixed data equation for their price quotes in regualr trading hours(i.e. no manipulation) so if you are are stopped out on
a glaring price discrepencey they will always redress it if you get on to them quick.