Cable 2010

Late start for me.
All intraday trends down and it is hitting S3 (145) for the last 90 min. Tempting to go short if it breaks below last low (despite being round 160 pips from the day's high)

That was short short. Just realised after opening it that there is TL under 4h lows near by.
Now waiting for a trend change. (TL is from the beginning of March and was sort of violated for a short time, but it seems like an important line for some reason)

Last edited:
short 38 stop above the trend line

ahhhh, i really messed that one up. Fone rung before i actually put my stop in and its past 160 now. Stop in at 170

short 178 just below s2. Stop at 204 looking for S3

Last edited:

ahhhh, i really messed that one up. Fone rung before i actually put my stop in and its past 160 now. Stop in at 170

I should pay more attention to lines I drew earlier (that one I drew 2 weeks ago and it's still there - luckily)
When I saw that closed it immediately at a small profit.
I haven't traded for a week or so, hence this lack of concentration.

does anybody bother to trade after 10am??
it may well be my over-active imagination (maybe not, as others have said similar), but the morning range seems to be the sweet-spot. In that, the pips-made to time-taken is good. (pips made in least amount of time).

Have been aware of opening session times, but never realised that my other trades tend to meander more to target/loss than the session-open trades.

Euro-session for me = 5/6am-10am.
The US session ones are good. And for the JPYs, midnight-2am seem to be the sweet-spot there.

anyone else?

i drew a trend line beneath the 4h lows but it seems to of broke it a few days ago :S

I reckon after 10am you still get good moves, but almost always the biggest moves in the shortest time are in the morning yeah

I woke up late this morning. I should think it'll be worth it starting at least before 8am (preferably before 6am) if I wanted to make some nice profits without too much meandering.
Or alternatively be there round NY opening and after 14:15
IMO 12:00 - 13:00 is not the best time.

PA has been such a pain for the last 2 hours - I'll wait for a break of 12:00 - 14:15 range with a min stop

short 178 just below s2. Stop at 204 looking for S3

out at S3 +24

short 72 off trendline stop 80
stopped -2

Last edited:
PA has been such a pain for the last 2 hours - I'll wait for a break of 12:00 - 14:15 range with a min stop

What a nice surprise. Had to go out at 15:30, came back and there is +40 pips on my account (it hit limit within 0.2 pip(y))
I left only long break - didn't like short.

yeah bounced off that s1 perfectly. Got some short down from it and been scalping off 220 taking advantage of gft 2 pip spread while it lasts.

That was a nice move from 50% fib (225). Can it make it to S1 (164) or at least to 23.60% (174)?

Well it went down all the way to 140 - I guess it shouldn't go lower than 130 area

Last edited:
I wouldn't trade at the moment (especially 12:00 -13:00) - waiting till 14:00 to see what happens (if it breaks below or turns back)

Less is more - 2 trades only and +115 (nice behaviour from Cable today)

PS With the benefit of hindsight I guess I should have done better than 115. Don't want to appear greedy, but next time may apply some better rules for exit as well, so I can use nice days like today to cover for difficult days.

Last edited:
No set up at the moment - short time stuck in a range. I'll wait for a short time up trend. For a break bellow low can't see the best entry price (could be anything from 129 to 141 and there is an up trend line at around 127 and some orther obstacles)

Long 195 stop 174
Still in a range - entered early

Out + 30 (at 12:00 int. rate decision etc, trying to avoid that sort of things)

Last edited:
Long 195 stop 174
Still in a range - entered early

Out + 30 (at 12:00 int. rate decision etc, trying to avoid that sort of things)

On a normal day I would go for 250 target (247 - 23.60% fib)

quick short 19
took +5

waiting till after boe decision, pivots just arent as reliable on these big news days.

quick short 19
took +5

waiting till after boe decision, pivots just arent as reliable on these big news days.

I guess it was a good decision - short trend is up IMO. Anyway I wouldn't trade for the time being.