Cable 2010

It's best to avoid days like today - what a rubbish day for trend followers.

GU has been manky, apart from the mornings first push, which was a decent 60 pips.
But, EJs sweet, one-way move has made up for GUs choppiness.
It was that noon-ish spike that threw the GU calculations out of whack.
In fact, one of the reasons why I play the two pairs.
(I know this thread is just for GU, but just a thought about smoothing equity curves.)

Trendie,
you should have told us before. Had a look - nice move. I don't mind trading other pairs.

Trendie,
you should have told us before. Had a look - nice move. I don't mind trading other pairs.

Obviously, nobody could have known in advance GU was necessarily going to be choppy, nor that EJ would be a trender.
But, having another pair, reasonably non-correlated, allows you to get another bite.
As I mentioned, it's more to do with equity-smoothing. I have fewer really depressing days as a consequence.

eek within less of a pip of being stopped out... currently +1

stopped

Last edited:
having now looked at the chart for yesterday cable did eventually have its move to complete the range, just a bit late in the day for me. Even more frustrating it ended the day where i expected, i just got chopped about a bit just before the move.

thanks,

not great so far but still in profit so shouldn't really complain. today will make or break the week, sitting on +80 at the moment.

Looking for a trend change for a short.
For tops and bottoms catching need some chart research.

Short 685

Last edited:
Looking for a trend change for a short.
For tops and bottoms catching need some chart research.

Short 685

out +30

may go for another short - I'll see how far it pulls back

another short 648

Last edited:
out +30

may go for another short - I'll see how far it pulls back

another short 648

out +25

same thing - waiting for another short

can see going to 600 and 580 maybe

didn't have time to post short 618 +18

now reached S1 (601) may go up, but short term trend is down

Last edited:
days range is done, i missed it. i'm done for the week gl every one.

days range is done, i missed it. i'm done for the week gl every one.

I'll take a break - maybe later on wait for a trend change. Tempting to take one more short if it breaks below 597

I'm in it - doesn't look promising, may close it to b/e or small profit - out b/e

Last edited:
15m. A question im asking myself is, is the consolidation period over, has enough time passed? the daily would suggest we are getting close, perhaps next week?

Looked at the chart again. It seems to me it can reach 560 (that would be 180 pips from the high of the day)

Looking for pos trend change next 20 min. May go for a long if it happens.