Cable 1.4500 or 1.7500

1.4500 or 1.7500

• Total voters
Cable thoughts

This currency has been overbought forever - I'm actually looking for a major correction. I do love fish and chips and Bass Ale - but this rampant speculation, with europe's weakest economy makes no sense. GBP, come on down - you're the next contestant on "The Price is Wrong!"

The Pound weakened across the board and was the only major currency that did not join the rally against the Dollar. The Sterling failed to hold gains after peaking up and shortly plunged to the lower levels following the release of the UK Industrial Production that showed a non-expected decline in August to the lowest level in 17 years, adding to speculation the economic recovery in Britain will reduce. Overall, GBP/USD traded with a low of 1.5875 and with a high of 1.6048.

A chart

Amidst all the speculation, it might be interesting to just see what the chart is telling and adjust when things change. For the moment we are moving lower, as shown by the supplyline on the right (price stopped there at the end of this week). It's also worth noting that we seem to have tested the June lows from the other side, turning support into resistance.

Pattern people will see a h&s in this... but more importantly it shows that after breaking the trendline from March, price broke out of the congestion but failed to hold up there for very long. After it fell back below, we made a lower high (around 1.6685) and after that we breached the last swing low. Those are all bearish elements.

All of this doesn't mean that 1.45 will be here in the near future, because that would mean giving back almost the whole move of the last 6 months. It's more likely price will move towards the midpoint of this range (1.52-1.53). If and when that happens, it will be interesting to see how traders behave.

PS: don't forgot to have a look at what the site's managers don't want you to see

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I think we have some bearish divergence setting up on the hourly. Maybe a retrace back to the trendline. Anyone?

cable following the euro, having similar fluctuations so after the big euro coming back it was now the turn of the gbp!

Summary of this week:
USD: Bearish, expectations: continues bearish
EUR: Bullish a year + high against the USD
Bullish one month high against the JPY
It appears that the European economy is recovering faster than the others.
JPY: trading in between 91.75 and 92.35, it is on a 0,3% decrease
Expectation continue to underperform other currencies

Sell EUR/GBP

GBP seems pretty strong across the board if you ask me. I'm leaning to the long side until I see otherwise.

(y)

lol when we're talking about the gdp and our biggest trading partner yes 30 cents becomes a big deal

I dont think the dollar will become weak enough for 1.75 before year end anyway, we might follow them down even if they are weak