Buy at Support - Sell at Resistance

Two Steps To A Successful Trade...

Knowing where chart Support is located is Step-1 to a successful trade.

Determining whether Support will hold or not is Step-2.

Here's how to do it:

The Support & Resistance Report and QuoteTracker:

All of the Gathering Support and Gathering Resitance Alerts that are published each evening by the Support & Resistance Report
can be loaded into the QuoteTracker program in preparation for the next day's trade.

Here is an example of how to use QuoteTracker...

The Ultra Short Financials ETF (Symbol SKF) fell this morning to its area of Gathering Support between $128.89 and $128.82.

1) QuoteTracker alerted me with a pop-up window alert as soon as SKF hit $128.89.

2) I then used QuoteTracker to create a 5-Minute Chart (see below).

3) Below the Price Bars is the "CCI Histogram". This is the indicator that I use to tell whether Support is going to hold or not.
Notice how the red bars of the CCI Histogram crossed above the thin blue line just before 11:00am. That was the sign that Support was
likely to hold and that a purchase may be ventured.

4) Below the CCI Histogram is another indicator called "Fast Stochastics". A Stochastics reading below 20 is an "oversold" reading.
It was another point in favor of venturing a purchase at Support. The combination of an oversold condition at Support always argues
in favor of Support holding and producing a bounce.

SKF_LongAtSupport_062508.gif

Hi, i find this intresting. How is the gathering of support and resictance calculated? I wanna know what i buy! :)

Hi Victor90,

41 individual aspects of Support and Resistance are gleaned each evening from 4 differenct charts.

When 2 or more individual aspects of Support converge (reside within 10 to 15 cents from one another), they for an area of Gathering Support.

When 2 or more individual aspects of Resistance converge (reside within 10 to 15 cents from one another), they for an area of Gathering Resistance.

The following Support & Resistance Table that applied to Wednesday's trade shows the details of SKF's 2-member area of Gathering Support:

Support & Resistance Table for SKF

(There was no area of Gathering Resistance for SKF on Wednesday.)

Mr Nasdaq,

I completely agree with everything you've written regarding S & R. The thing which is interesting me at present is the idea automating trades once support and resistance levels have been defined.

I guess S & R levels are best identified by lines - ie pivot levels or angled trendlines. I've been looking around for some software which provides configurable automated trading based on trendlines and I came accross some demo software from Home. I wondered whether you or anyone else have thought about automating your trading based on similar principles and if so, which systems you use?

Anyway, look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Mark

MarkJames,

For automated trading, try "StrategyDesk" by TD-Ameritrade. If you are an active trader, you can negotiate a $6 per trade commission rate.