Bungee Bets IGIndex anyone?

closed half for a 50 pip profit
now I have a free ride! - no matter what happens I cannot lose
The premiums were expensive cos of the nfp - as i said earlier, i would not trade anything witha risk of 35+
Good , i guess they have less premium at FTSE100 , what about brent oil ? u should ride it these days

Good , i guess they have less premium at FTSE100 , what about brent oil ? u should ride it these days

Never tried it with Indicies b4 2day
had a go at the Dow, cost was 53 points
made nearly 300 points profit
not bad for a limited risk bet
:D

So what is the consensus on this? works or not?

how long can you keep a bungee open? say i open a trade in the morning and it goes through my floor by 100 pips and i close, will i still only be liable for the difference between price and floor? or could i keep the trade open indefinatley?

what i can't understand is what is in it for igindex to do this? obv increased spreads, but there must be more? m

how long can you keep a bungee open? say i open a trade in the morning and it goes through my floor by 100 pips and i close, will i still only be liable for the difference between price and floor? or could i keep the trade open indefinatley?

what i can't understand is what is in it for igindex to do this? obv increased spreads, but there must be more? m

I dont have an account with IG but as i understand the bets expires daily and u only pay the diff between the entry point and the floor or the ceiling if u were short !!

Bungee bet is just a combo of an option and the outright, so they gain by writing you the option too.

Just opened an account with IG and had a look at there bungee bets and from the first look i can say that there is nothing new at these bets , the buy bungees is the ( call preimum added to the underlaying market price and the call barier for the option=floor for the bungee ) , and the sell bungees is the ( put preimum dicounted from the underlaying market price and the put barrier for the option= ceiling for the bungee ) . So bungees is the same daily options at IGINDEX and they introduced bungees for those who do not trade or understand options style . Smart move from IGINDEX :)

Windowsill said:
Hi,

Would like to pick your brains if I may.

I notice you were betting on Bungees with IG. Now that some time has passed I wonder what your experience has been and if you would recommend them.

Regards time time value.....it is more expensive earlier in the period, but because of the longer time span....I would have thought the extra premium worthwhile, because a greater movement could be expected?? Is that valid?

I assume also, the more expensive the premium, the more volatile the instrument, eg:- dow to FTSE....so again assume, you must get what you are willing to pay for :).

The reason for my interest is that I have no time during the day to be in front of the screen and I don't like being stopped out!!!

Hope you can comment.

Many Thanks

Paul.

Whilst I had some great trades early part, then got f***ked up and slaughtered!

Now only trade AFTER a BIG move and when expecting a retracement and pull back, so trade out of the money strikes and risking no more than 15/20 pips / points.

I lose half, but the winners tend to be BIG, so yes overall a winner, but as always you have to pick and choose and follow the signal!

interesting but expensive - I don't think these bets represent any kind of value for money as the quotes are shifted firmly in IGs favour.

Why do you say that? The quotes are from Reuters or Bloomberg (I forget which) and they are not controlled by IG. Can't say that about any other FX spot broker, not even ECNs like HotSpot will provide you a 3rd party quote feed that defines the outcome of your trades.

Plus these have limited downside, which you can't get in the spot market, (although a few brokers are now offering guaranteed stops to not exceed the value of what's in your account).

I think people are being too harsh on IG here. This is a great product and I'm glad they're offering it.