Bund Outrights RogueTrader Style

Hi guys, hope the trading is going well.

I started off trading ss/Bor spreads too but im starting to trade the bund a bit more now.

A quick question:
I just bought 2 lots of the bund at .81 and then put my stop market below the session low which was @ .76

I was wondering if anyone uses TT can explain why my stop was triggered when the only volume traded at .76 was my 2 lot stop???? If the only volume traded @ .76 was 2 lots then the price cant have traded right?

Thanks in advance

Think a bit more than 2 lots traded there mate. Maybe your TT is broken or are you on the sim?

You should also have a medal for selling the low :clap:

Attachments

• bund.gif
    bund.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 196
yeah wasn't even low ticked, was 35 lots initial trade...[/QUOTE

Hmmmm. I am trading live, but I have the 'volume at price' selected on my ladder and its only showing 2 lots traded at .76 must be an issue with my TT then. Thanks for clarification.

I have just wlked around the office and checked everyone elses ladder and they have the same volume as me which is strange. But i did check the tick chart which shows 100+ traded.

so yeah, i sold the low sweeeet.

yeah wasn't even low ticked, was 35 lots initial trade...[/QUOTE

Hmmmm. I am trading live, but I have the 'volume at price' selected on my ladder and its only showing 2 lots traded at .76 must be an issue with my TT then. Thanks for clarification.

I have just wlked around the office and checked everyone elses ladder and they have the same volume as me which is strange. But i did check the tick chart which shows 100+ traded.

so yeah, i sold the low sweeeet.

This volume at price feature is rubbish , don`t look at it. Its very misleading. I dont understand this feature whatsoever.

regards

I have always used it for spread trading as a reference point. When trading the bund It seems to show incorrect volumes at highs and lows for some reason?!

Shatztrader do you trade directionally or flys?

Hello, not sure if any of you guys will be able to help me here but I thought I'd try......can anyone explain the algorithm that is used to decide the order that a trade is matched for euribor futures. I understand from their website that it is a combination of size and time, ie if you have the biggest size on the bid/offer and were there first then you are most likely to get filled - is there also then a randon element to it?

Would be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction or had some knowledge, at the moment I can only find general descriptions on the internet.

Many thanks in advance

Hello, not sure if any of you guys will be able to help me here but I thought I'd try......can anyone explain the algorithm that is used to decide the order that a trade is matched for euribor futures. I understand from their website that it is a combination of size and time, ie if you have the biggest size on the bid/offer and were there first then you are most likely to get filled - is there also then a randon element to it?

Would be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction or had some knowledge, at the moment I can only find general descriptions on the internet.

Many thanks in advance

In simple terms multiply every order by its place in the queue and then go pro rata

so if you have orders in 250-400-30, with the 30 first, it become pro rata like 250-800-90, if that makes sense.

Then there are priority orders on the first 50-500 lot stuck in.

AN IS the link explaining that in detail, won't find a better guy for that here.

;)

Ok, here's another one - does anyone know what model most people use who trade eurodollar options, a rate model/future model or a mixture of both? I have been testing out a rate model but it means the ATM straddle has a delta of nearly 50 which is hard to trade with!

Can anyone help?

What's moving the Bund today?

I'm new to the Bund, but in my limited experience it hasn't been what you'd call volatile.

I just wondered what might be moving it down with a vengeance today (Wednesday 9th Sept 2009).