Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

It was a lot easier last year than this, but could be worse I suppose - I could be wearing a Porsche jacket...........

It's an interesting time to be trading alright, I only went live this year so I don't know what it's like to trade any other type of market, I suppose it's a good time to be learning! I'm heading off early today, see ya round the rooms

Suspension of Euro Bobl Future FGBM Tick-Size Increase

Following intensive consultations with market participants as well as software vendors, the tick size increase for the Euro Bobl Future FGBM, which would have become effective on Monday, May 11, 2009, has been suspended due to technical reasons.

The old parameters will stay in place until further notice. The changes announced in circulars 067/09 and 085/09 are therefore obsolete.

Please be aware that this also implies that the deletion of all open orders in the FGBM will NOT take place.

For details please see circular 086/09.

Source: Eurex - Product News

Someone following eurobund futures today?
From 121.95 to 121.59 in just 15 minutes (move began around 16.00 CET)

Shocking!
I checked out the news and indicators releases and saw ISM indicator to be better than expected. Time match.

Is it possible that the movement was due to this indicator?

I'm just trying to figure out what indicators i should look more closely, related to euro bund futures (FGBL)

ISM seems to be one of them :)

not really but manufacturing is in vogue right now after china;s figures. polus it's mid-summer and thin conditions in a no-data day.

Someone following eurobund futures today?
From 121.95 to 121.59 in just 15 minutes (move began around 16.00 CET)

Shocking!
I checked out the news and indicators releases and saw ISM indicator to be better than expected. Time match.

Is it possible that the movement was due to this indicator?

lol
:clap:
:LOL:

yep

I'm just trying to figure out what indicators i should look more closely, related to euro bund futures (FGBL)

ISM seems to be one of them :)

that was the "moving" news of the day for the bund (15 00 GMT)... funnily enough, the EC and GER PMI data from the morning didnt have any impact

lol

regards

Anyway I don't want to trade according to the news. Just have an overall idea of when something big is coming. Just in case.

I suppose you can't anticipate the impact from any piece of news :)

Anyway I don't want to trade according to the news. Just have an overall idea of when something big is coming. Just in case.

I suppose you can't anticipate the impact from any piece of news :)

lol

anyway... perhaps you wanna keep your eyes open "around" 14:30 on friday also. good luck my friend

Schatz

I'm on East Coast, Florida. I've just started checking out the Schatz. When does the Schatz trade?

Trading Hours

Eurex operates in three trading phases: pre-trading, trading and post-trading. The post-trading phase is further split in several periods where different functions are available.

Regular Trading Day
Pre-Trading Trading Post-Trading

07:30 08:00 22:00 22:30

All times indicated in CET.

Choosing between contracts

These days I've been following GFBL, FGBM and FGBS. (Bund, Bobl, Schatz)
I tray to find objective facts to choose one or another.

Liquidity, volatility, contract size, tick size, commissions....

I can't make my mind. I see clearly the difference between Schatz and Euro Bund, but still I don't know what to think about Bobl.

It is suppose to be the mid-brother, but what's is the practical difference between Bund and Bobl????

Even the reactions to news and indicators seem to be the same. Maybe a little less in Bobl, in percentage terms.

Any idea? Any clue?
Links to articles worth reading?

These days I've been following GFBL, FGBM and FGBS. (Bund, Bobl, Schatz)
I tray to find objective facts to choose one or another.

Liquidity, volatility, contract size, tick size, commissions....

I can't make my mind. I see clearly the difference between Schatz and Euro Bund, but still I don't know what to think about Bobl.

It is suppose to be the mid-brother, but what's is the practical difference between Bund and Bobl????

Even the reactions to news and indicators seem to be the same. Maybe a little less in Bobl, in percentage terms.

Any idea? Any clue?
Links to articles worth reading?

I'm confused. What do you mean "what is the practical difference"? One is a 10Y bond future, the other - a 5Y bond future, with all that this entails...

Is this not sufficiently different for you?