Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

hi...i am a novice...and have been trying to setup an intraday(hourly) system for the bund futures, but still trying out my luck. i would be graetful if you could share your views on which indicators can be more relevant

Stochsatics/RSI/Volume/Ichimoku Clouds/CCI/Moving Averages
They're what I use and work pretty well, you have to fit your indicators to your own style though so get experimenting and backtesting!
Any combination!If you're trading the bund, you have to be aware that a lot of people trade the Yield curve spreads (2/10,5/10,..) so sometimes big orders come in and mess up your trade because even if bonds are going up, people might be shorting the longer end of the curve(10yr) to put on steepeners, just beware around auction times!

I have tested MACD 12,26,9 ....and am presently getting a net profit on the whole, but the +ve/-ve trades is almost 1....am trying to find out a filter which can help me improve the signals coming from the macd...would be grateful if you advice

I wouldn't recommend the STIR chatroom if you're a fixed income trader tbh, since the guy that runs it - ST or something - is a turd of epic proportions who is only interested in talking to you if you enjoy trading dull, illiquid markets. If someone wants to have another crack at getting an FI trading room going, I'd be up for it.

I have tested MACD 12,26,9 ....and am presently getting a net profit on the whole, but the +ve/-ve trades is almost 1....am trying to find out a filter which can help me improve the signals coming from the macd...would be grateful if you advice

Trading MACD alone profitably is nigh on impossible. Your filter should be your own judgement imo, but each to their own

I wouldn't recommend the STIR chatroom if you're a fixed income trader tbh, since the guy that runs it - ST or something - is a turd of epic proportions who is only interested in talking to you if you enjoy trading dull, illiquid markets. If someone wants to have another crack at getting an FI trading room going, I'd be up for it.

I would be up for a chat room on FI, on that note whats with the Bund today? We seem to have slipped back a little today, I was hoping we would have broken 120-00 this morning but they seem a bit lackluster today?

Hopefully we get another run up to 120-00 today, depends on US Equities I guess and the S&P key support levels?

That chat room sounds good, feel like setting it up? I was in the bund this morning, really thought it had the legs to get up there, especially with the 5yr supply in France. I think it might have another run at it soon though, if Philly Fed wasn't coming out in 5mins i'd be in from 55!

Re:MACD, I know a lot of guys that use it for divergence but thats it, on longer time frames/spreads it can be ok but you def. need another indicator to go with it. Your system, remember, is what fits/suits you so you need to try a lot of things, you'll end up throwing the majority of them out but some will be of use to you in differing market conditions, the one thing i'd say though is PRICE ACTION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON YOUR CHART!!!

That chat room sounds good, feel like setting it up? I was in the bund this morning, really thought it had the legs to get up there, especially with the 5yr supply in France. I think it might have another run at it soon though, if Philly Fed wasn't coming out in 5mins i'd be in from 55!

Re:MACD, I know a lot of guys that use it for divergence but thats it, on longer time frames/spreads it can be ok but you def. need another indicator to go with it. Your system, remember, is what fits/suits you so you need to try a lot of things, you'll end up throwing the majority of them out but some will be of use to you in differing market conditions, the one thing i'd say though is PRICE ACTION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON YOUR CHART!!!

Yep, good to steer clear when Geithner is rambling :)

Can you recommend any good reading material on Trading the Yield curve using German 2,5,10's? Trying to put together a better strategy to diversify my trading?

Rizome

as opposed to trading to the simulator?

chill out will you ffs?

Slev, thanks for the shout-out. Firstly, I don't run the chat room, it is communal. Secondly, it wasn't the fact that you were trading on the simulator that got my goat. I started on the sim and I still believe it is a very useful tool for the beginning trader. The problem was that you didn't have any trading etiquette. It's not the done thing to go around giving it the big-one in a trading room (whether it be virtual or not) as you never know if the guy next to you is having a stinker. You will learn during your trading career, hopefully sooner rather than later, that you need to stay a bit humble no matter how good you may be.

Good luck with your trading.

Sim's are a great tool for starting out. Even if it's just to get used to working orders/clicking the right buttons! I had a month and a half on a sim and it was invaluable.

Anyone long Bunds at the mo?

Sim's are a great tool for starting out. Even if it's just to get used to working orders/clicking the right buttons! I had a month and a half on a sim and it was invaluable.

Yup, I always find it amusing when people who have been turned down from companies like this give their trainees a hard time. Sour grapes everywhere you turn. I'm not talking about ST, before he gets on the warpath.

I'm done trading for the day, but up for a chat in ze room.

Holding 121-00 Calls, hopefully the BUND will recover some, once FED finishes up!

Big time, our Squawk missed it and a few of the lads got stopped out. There goes the short for the day!

I think the 121 calls are good, there's been big buyers of them over the past week. How much did you pay for them?

Don't know how to do private Bruce, would rather not post it here. Near Stephens green anyway, yourself?

were you the one on RTE playing the Xbox? :)

Working in Malahide trading STIRS. From Portmarnock originally, you?

Ha I saw that! No I work on a prop desk i na stock broking firm so no scalping here! I know of that guy who owns Saxon, he was the pri*ck with the porsche jacket who was saying "All I see around me is choices" talking about that junky who hangs out outside the place. What a di*ck!

I'm from Blackrock myself, I trade all types of futures bar the short end of the curve, whats it like?!