Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

I still don't quite understand what to be looking for - I don't see anything unusual in either volume or price

mate-what contract is this as i can confirm no bbg prints at those times in big vol for jun futures in bund/bobl or schatz.

Gentlemen,

Let's forget it - it's not worth the bother. Weird. Thanks anyway.

Grant.

Hi guys. This is my first post so please excuse my noobness but I can’t find answers to my questions anywhere on here.

I recently started trading Euribor-Schatz spreads and I was wondering if any of you guys trade the spread in the auction when the Schatz opens at 7? I’m told you can estimate where it should be opening by looking at the US T note (and or the Bund) and calculating the predicted spread. If it opens to high or low you buy or sell the spread before it corrects itself within a few seconds. Apparently it’s easy to work out but I’m stumped. Any help would be much appreciated.

Imo schatz is superior to both bund and bobl. I mean think about it. You can do as much size as you want, it lags the bund, is a little more sane then the rest of them. I actually like schatz for scalping 3 ticks the best. I find watching tick charts along with the orderbook is the best way to trade this market with size for 3 ticks.

I have a few questions, I'll number them for readability (and feel free to decline to comment if you don't want to share that kind of information):
1. Why are you so sure that the schatz lags the bund? (I'm not saying it does not, just wanting to know why...). Did you notice other lead/lag relationships of all three contracts. Sometimes I Schatz and Bobl move in one direction but Bund doesn't or Bund overshoots and then it comes back. The bund then slowly adjusts to the other two markets.
2. How far is your stop away most of the time when you're aiming for 3 ticks?
3. Do you exit immediately with market orders or do you try to work it with limit orders when the market is moving against you?
4. How many orders do you trade at a time.
5. Do you have a comment on limit orders that all of the sudden appear and disappear in a split second away from the inside market? E.g. I see 500 contracts on one side, then all of sudden it's 3000 contracts and less than 0.1 second it's 500 gain? I can't make much of it. I was thinking that it might be a local trying to fool analysics (automated trading programs) or something of that sort, cause they are unlikely to spoof human traders with that.

I find the tick value to be rather small to justify trading the schatz vs. the bund since at most brokers you're paying the same commission for each market. So the tick gain vs. commission is twice as large on the bund. But I see that you still have a pretty good risk/reward going for 3/4 ticks when your were risking just 1 tick.

P.S.: I trade the bund also based on DOM and T&S and I find that everything you have said so far about its patterns is true, and very well described by the way. This is probably the best thread on order book analysis in these markets that I have read so far in a forum (well anywhere for that matter, you most certainly won't find it in a book by some self-proclaimed guru ;-)).

ok cool i see. so i ll put an ex. lets say the big guy is long bunds from 118.00. the quantity of the contracts that he is trading is enormous so lets say that this guy has 20000 bunds long. when he reaches the highs most of the offers are probably his so what he does is to try and push the market. so lets say he is offering 1400 at 118.09. he crosses 1200 at 118.09 with the other account making people believe there is paper buying. now if the other locals and big guys get on his back and start clearing offers he is gonna keep crossing some his offers while long covering a bit, until he sees the buying pressure fades out. then everyone thinks o **** that things is going up he stops crossing and covers the rest of his position but in a very smart way so it doesnt show that he is covering. so he might cover 10000 and do another fake try to the upside and cover the rest at t ahigher level

Sounds exactly what Jesse Livermore or other pool operators were doing in the old days. Make the market go up while selling more than your buying.

Mpoufos
I have noticed that say when the market is 93 bid at 94 offered and 94 gets taken out in one clip (or a few clips) then a bid steps up at 94 but its small and as soon as it steps up it gets taken out. Then another small bid will appear and it too gets taken out. If the small bid does not step up anymore a nice size offer appears at 94 and it gets hit in size again. Then the process repeats itself.

However if 94 gets taken out and a large bid steps up this does not happen and instead guys start hitting the 95 offer.

Sorry buddy, its hard for me to explain these things on what I see in the orderbook. I actually think I found out the answer and I don't think it has anything to do with the big boys.

So what do you think what is happening in the case you described above?
I think somebody is just trying to accumulate a larger short position. He's offering and s hitting all the bids that step up and when nobody is left he shows his offers again hoping somebody will lift him.

Hi, I was wondering is anyone spreading Schatz / Bobl, if so is there many scalping oppotunties. Also if anyone is trading other yield curve spreads or even the fly any information you have about number of oppotuntities would be appreciated. Obviously the most volatile spread is schatz / bund.

Cheers

what you will win scalping schatz bund, you will lose when the curve changes. if your lucky, your first trades will be winners.... give you some money to give back... although, in reality, youd be better off being unlucky from the off and looking elsewhere. save you the same, ultimately, disappointing journey as many a local before you.

Hi All,

Why do you belive this is the case? I used to trade Bund's, Bobl and Schatz outrights over at Marex, stoped trading about 2 years ago, children and relocation reasons, looking to re enter the markets with my own funds from home. Would like to use a less risky strategies to what I was using at Marex, as it is my money and not there's I will be using. Also does anyone use the Bunxl to spread with. Would also potentially look at the potential in spreading cross markets ie Bunds Vs Gilts, Gilts vs T-Notes or anything similar. Equities may be another viable option if not such as, Stoxx / Cac , Stoxx/ES. So would be interested to here if anyone has been doing this, how they have been doing good or bad.

Many thanks

hi, ive just started trading the bund over the last fews months, finding it difficult, but interesting, can i just ask what software you guys use for ur markets?
]

clb the spread is not what it used to be 2 yrs ago. its a total different new market now

i do. yeah liquidity seems to be totally out. it makes sense since all the banks are going bust