Bund and Gilt Traders

I think the Euro will implode and cease to exist.

At the moment people are trading the Deutsche Mark.

bund

bout 260,000 contracts traded on friday, thats crap - mind you it is xmas ... !!
The worlds in a rate cutting cycle and stoxx are getting smashed - north is the direction..!!
(its the worlds savers i feel sorry for) - :(

Quantitative easing " American style " is what well all be seeing soon - the Japanese style was to buy Government Maturities - the US style will be to buy mortgage packed securities and then lend the cash to the private/retail sector.. !! BIG MONEY... !! :-0

Banks only lend for PROFIT.... !! A borrower who isnt profitable = no lending ... !!

bout 260,000 contracts traded on friday, thats crap - mind you it is xmas ... !!
The worlds in a rate cutting cycle and stoxx are getting smashed - north is the direction..!!
(its the worlds savers i feel sorry for) - :(

Quantitative easing " American style " is what well all be seeing soon - the Japanese style was to buy Government Maturities - the US style will be to buy mortgage packed securities and then lend the cash to the private/retail sector.. !! BIG MONEY... !! :-0

Banks only lend for PROFIT.... !! A borrower who isnt profitable = no lending ... !!

Trade FGBL only for 4 years , best to pack up for christmas now , go away till after the new year and wait for vols to pick up after everyone is over the christmas cheer . If my memory stands correct there has only been 1 session in the last month where the FGBL vol exceeded that of the Stoxx which was of course the ECB decision.

:sleep:

Fgbl(0309)

Thats for sure,

bout 20,000 contracts traded so far this morning and its been open an hr... !! - Its practically not moving -:sleep:

Should be lying on a beach in Australia - (instead of Xmas mayhem) - :(

Trade FGBL only for 4 years , best to pack up for christmas now , go away till after the new year and wait for vols to pick up after everyone is over the christmas cheer . If my memory stands correct there has only been 1 session in the last month where the FGBL vol exceeded that of the Stoxx which was of course the ECB decision.

:sleep:

gilt even more amusing, been 6 tick spread most of the day :D

watching the bund is more habitual than anything this evening , 30 deg and summer is finally here . This is the only good point about trading Eurex from this side of the world , that you have the majority of daylight hours to yourself with a nap to get you through the euro session.
:D

**** me the gilt's great fun today, easy money... think I'm going to relax now and wait for the 150 tick stop!

Gilts taken a pounding today, bounce back tomorrow? The equities market is not following fundamentals, and there shud be some big pullbacks soon. So you guys reckon it a gud time to long the gilt contract

pounding is soupposed to be to do with 10/30year spread being hedged but I'm no fan of the gilt at the best of times... fundamentally I think they're way overpriced.

cheers Gecko, do you reckon the curve will continue steepening, because I personally don't believe rates here in the UK will fall below 1%. So in that case you will definitely see some flattening in the
2s10s area of the curve

However, over recent weeks I've found the goalposts have been moved in the form of this fella called Paul Rotter aka The Flipper.

isn't this whole Flipper business just a distraction?

i read that piece about the Flipper and i would side with the guy. if you nail his bids and offers, he takes the trades, so what's the problem?

anyone got an idea of where support for gilts could be? It has been tanking past two days, currently trading at 121.35

No idea at all, I just bought back all my shorts at numbers starting with 120 though ;)

tos do you really want to be buying gilts then, even when (to me) the market zeitgeist seems to be about govvy bubbles etc?

No idea at all, I just bought back all my shorts at numbers starting with 120 though ;)

tos do you really want to be buying gilts then, even when (to me) the market zeitgeist seems to be about govvy bubbles etc?

why did you short the gilts, on the basis they are overbought, or about this hedging of 10s 30s spread

I shorted them on the basis of the massive govvies sell off starting again, as I have the view that it will be sustained for at least a few days... that seems to have been inspired by FT and Barrons articles over the weekend... so yes overbought and I will sell rallies, although I am primarily a STIRs trader and therefore will only be doing it when I have nothing else to be doing ;)

Don't care about the 10/30s ;)

Looks like gilts will continue their slide after the Alistair Darling interview by the FT. The govt is not ruling out even more public spending

what you guys reckon about going long on gilts rite now. ftse falling, bad news likely for rest of the week

I left the office about two hours ago but untill the theme behind the market (goovies being overbought) remains the same why try to pick a bottom?