Brighton trading office

rog1111

Established member
Hi all

The idea of a Brighton based trading office was put around a few years back but other things intervened. However this is now on the cards again, and I wanted to try and get an idea of the general level of interest.

This would not be an arcade as such, just a shared office with a good connection, as an alternative to trading alone at home. I'm looking at the Marina, or else nearer the Station.

Please post (sensible) comments or suggested locations, or PM me. I'm not looking to get into a huge discussion about the merits of such an office, I just want to know if anyone is potentially interested.

Thanks
rog1111

It's a good idea, I would say nearer the Station, it would make it convienent for Traders outside Brighton to commute to. Especially for contraians !

I trade from a shared office just near Hove station. They rent out desks, but i am the only trader in the office. Could be interested in a move. They have space for more people, but not sure if that would be of interest to you.

Hi zak

Thanks for the thought but I'd like to set up something fun and vibey that is dedicated to traders and trading. I think it's more about mutual support and the shared experience....

Brgds
Rog

I trade from a shared office just near Hove station. They rent out desks, but i am the only trader in the office. Could be interested in a move. They have space for more people, but not sure if that would be of interest to you.

Hi Aston

I agree that the station would be far more convenient for travellers and contrarians :), and would be cheaper, but the Marina has the x-factor, lots of cafes and bars, things to do, and lots of positive activity, which would hopefully influence the office environment. It's a toss up, I suspect that it might come down to money...
Rog

It's a good idea, I would say nearer the Station, it would make it convienent for Traders outside Brighton to commute to. Especially for contraians !

Thanks to those of you that responded. I am going to look at 3 offices at the Marina on Tuesday, will keep you posted.
Regards
rog1111

just found this thread, have u made any progress?

ive actually had a similar idea and have found an ok office in hurstpierpoint. not the most dynamic of places i know, but has its pro and cons like everywhere. need at least 4 to make it a goer. would this be any interest to you, or any one else???

Hi

I've looked at some offices in the Marina, rents are reasonable considering the location, but one that I was interested in is not available until next year sometime.

I know Hustpierpoint well, I have a good mate that lives there, but it's a little too far for me to travel.

I have a few interested parties that are local, mostly newcomers looking for funding...

Brgds
rog1111

just found this thread, have u made any progress?

ive actually had a similar idea and have found an ok office in hurstpierpoint. not the most dynamic of places i know, but has its pro and cons like everywhere. need at least 4 to make it a goer. would this be any interest to you, or any one else???

There is a spare floor in an office block close to Brighton train station.

4th Floor
Vantage Point
New England Rd,
Brighton,
East Sussex
BN1 4GW

(y)

roger. if/when u find somewhere, please let me know. small chance i may be interested. rgds

thanks for the info JHunter, but since most interested parties seem to be local, I'm concentrating on the Marina at this stage

Best regards
Roger

There is a spare floor in an office block close to Brighton train station.

4th Floor
Vantage Point
New England Rd,
Brighton,
East Sussex
BN1 4GW

(y)

Hi Aston

I agree that the station would be far more convenient for travellers and contrarians :), and would be cheaper, but the Marina has the x-factor, lots of cafes and bars, things to do, and lots of positive activity, which would hopefully influence the office environment. It's a toss up, I suspect that it might come down to money...
Rog
There is sod all to do at the marina, you wouldbe far better off being in town near the station.

Hi Roger, Just wondered how your search was going? I live in Worthing and currently working for an IB in the City. Let me know if you have found somewhere as I am interested.

Thanks

Ad

A quick update. We had a good look at the marina and elsewhere, but couldn't find an office there with a landlord flexible enough to handle organic growth, in other words, full rents to be paid from day one, regardless of the number of traders. However, there is an ideal property in Newhaven (not as glam as Brighton I know), and we also now have the capacity to take on some company funded trainees. So, the office would be a mix of self-funded guys and trainees. It's early days, but agreement with the landlord has been reached in principal. If anyone is interested, please PM me. Thanks.
Best,
Roger

Hi. This is a general invite to any self-funded traders that are definitely interested in this option. Possible locations are Newhaven, Brighton or Lewes. We want to get this moving now, so it's planned to meet up at a pub in early October to discuss matters. Send me a PM if you wish to be notified of time and place. Monthly costs are likely to be low.
Regards,
rog1111

Hi all.

For those that have expressed an interest, just to let you know that we have now moved in to an office near Brighton station. The environment is great, everything is new, clean, light and airy. Desks, chairs, lines (shared broadband, dedicated lines or normal phone lines are available, but extra), kitchen facilities, meeting rooms, security passes, reception etc are all provided. Parking is extra, and very limited, but the office is very close to the station and other car parks.

You will need to provide your own PC set up, also screens. We can take 4 more people immediately (move in on 1st Feb, in practice), thereafter we can easily relocate to a bigger office in the same building if the demand is there. Those that came to the Brighton meeting or have contacted Damian, Jamie or myself previously will take priority.

Please let me know by PM if you are interested, also for costs, or if you want to come and take a look at whats on offer.

Regards,
Roger