Brexit Remain Rage

Well markets were due for some correction imo. Brexit is simply likely to bring that forward or make worse than need be. Could even trigger it. Most market crashes do occur over 4th quarter anyhow.

Asian market reacted to Kerry's news coupled with some reassurance that Brexit will not be rushed into.

However, events that favour in or out will continue to cause volatility. For the purpose of our debate here, if Brexit looms on the horizon we have uncertainty and sell-off. As it recedes into the ether we'll have market rises. Burberry's received the news well as lower pound will help exports, especially into India and China. There are just the same number if not more commenting on investment stalling or intention to review location.

Point being market has given it's verdict on the Brexit. It doesn't like it.

Whether it is short lived or continues for some time to come remains to be seen. Some will appreciate this distinction, some couldn't care less and some may well argue against it.

Each to his own. (y)

Point being market has given it's verdict on the Brexit. It doesn't like it.

I don't agree, the FTSE is higher now than it was last Thursday and it is only the GBP rate that is lower which is not a measure of all markets. All that has happened is the same as when any economic event happens and investments have been transferred into safe havens. It will be months before we really know the markets reaction.

I don't agree, the FTSE is higher now than it was last Thursday and it is only the GBP rate that is lower which is not a measure of all markets. All that has happened is the same as when any economic event happens and investments have been transferred into safe havens. It will be months before we really know the markets reaction.

Yes, agree with that. There was an awful lot of money waiting to be placed once the referendum was out of the way. The initial shock waves sent ftse scurrying down but all that money had to find a home and that's brought it back although not across the board. Lloyds and Barclays, for example, are nowhere near pre referendum levels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36660133

FTSE100 can be skewed by energy oil, pharmaceuticals or banks.

Look at FTSE250 more representative of UK

The point remains, markets don't like Brexit. However, if CBs provide QE and promise more liquidity markets can rally. Doesn't mean Brexit a success?

It will not be months but more like years to determine if Brexit occurs, whether it is a success or not.

There was no indication from me that Brexit was a success and the problem is that it is easy to give reasons on any view taken as to why something may have happened. What is more lilkely is that if the markets had continued lower you would have used that as a measure of proving your point. As that hasn't happened you have now found reasons to justify why it isn't the case.

The great thing about the internet is that there is evidence to support every possible view and theory no matter how outlandish it may be which is why trying to discuss any issue often becomes a pointless activity.

Are you are trying to imply that the top 100 index reversing all its losses is a factor of a few sectors skewing the data?

Not a train smash is it.

Ftse 250

7642427495b6d92b69f39675aaeee59e.jpg

Are you are trying to imply that the top 100 index reversing all its losses is a factor of a few sectors skewing the data?

Yes it can do. Because they are giant companies it is possible to have a handful of companies skew the FTSE.

For example if most of global sales are abroad and priced in dollars, when these are converted into sterling will increase earnings in eoy accounts. So really need to look at where costs and sales arise and impact of currency fluctuations on those items.

Agree with John too as quite a few will have closed positions building up to Brexit with a view to cash sitting on the sidelines and now re-entering market bargain hunting.

The American markets certainly like the Brexit and so does the USD. By Wednesday, everybody here was like, "Brexit, mehh". The world will carry on. Even now, the Bremainers are still trying to spread fear. "A crash in the 4th quarter". Not likely.

1. The World does not care enough about the UK economy. :sleep:
2. The UK will survive this unscathed, much to the chagrin of the Bremainers. It is not that big of deal. Honestly, why does anyone think it matters so much that the UK has left the EU. I would be more worried about the EU than the UK.

This is the easiest money you will make this yr.

Leadsom will take it from either Gove or May in the run off.

Fox the real outsider, talks a lot of sense but will fail to enthuse, and Crabbe is too young at this time.

The more I look at this, there can be only One winner !

Well let's get going then. We introduced VAT as one of the tickets to get into the EEC despite experts from around the world coming to examine its forerunner, Purchase Tax, because it had a relatively low tax base (only 70,000 businesses registered for PT), was pretty difficult to fiddle and relatively easy to control with a relatively small number of tax inspectors.

At as stroke we could save thousands of tax inspectors, reduce fraudulent activity, gain a significantly higher yield and reduce red tape and tax accounting for thousands of businesses. Go, go, go.

I think people are going to be surprised at how well we will do. USA, Australia, and New Zealand have already expressed interest

I think people are going to be surprised at how well we will do. USA, Australia, and New Zealand have already expressed interest

Yep and why not. Tell the truth, I'm sick and tired of people talking the UK down. Scotland needs to get away from the something for nothing mentality mind, otherwise they might as well sling their hook.

The list is at 10 MPs who have resigned from the Bremain camp. I think that the B(remaining) MPs are trying to spread fear even now, because they know they will be out of a job.

Well, let's hope so. From an economic perspective we're in the position of dumping a serviceable car that has got us to economic growth destinations and choosing instead the initial sketches of one of those concept cars the companies are so fond of dreaming up.

Don't see many of those actually making it onto the roads. No-one in EU seems all that keen with the sketches we've drawn so far. I know, I know, money will talk in the end - it better had!!