Brexit - in or out

It's my bloody country, too, as well as the 48% who voted remain. You summed up the quality of your own contribution as well as your belligerent disdain of anyone who doesn't share your view with your **** the EU post.

That for all your anger at the democratic process was directed at someone from Belgium.

Now, with all due respect, get over it and move on in life, majority rule and all that.

Longer uncertainty goes longer the headaches. EU concern now is to put England behind and move on. Thus quicky divorce would suit them.

I dont think we should initiate artilcle 50 ubtil new leader from the Brexit camp is elected and determines what n how they wish to proceed.

We may have avoided writing into English law 55 or 70 rules and directives that went against the UK, but considering we proposed and agreed to 94% of all other agreements from the EU since 2001 there is now shed loads of work there for civil servants to get their teeth into.

Which laws we accept and what do we reject? Right now they don't have the resources, departments, infrastructure, the approach in fact nothing to start anything. There is not even a view on what to do, how to do it or when?

So we need a new leader with a clear vision to make these decisions.

TAKE BACK CONTROL and vote for the Brexit leader to move the new negotiations forward.

I suspect Boris will become PM and IDS the new EU Brexit negotiator after his DSS work and experience. What happens to Farage is all very interesting too. Surely some role in the new cabinet :?:

I like your attitude towards the outcome Atilla, You were a great advocate and very passionate towards the remain campaign, Took a lot of flack for it,( most in jest may i add,) but to quickly brush things aside and have a positive attitude without bitterness with insight to moving forward is a quality many should adapt.(y) (y)

So you agree that Scotland would have to leave the UK, then apply to join the EU.

She should also not assume that offshore oil and gas belongs to Scotland. It belongs to the UK, so at best, Scotland will only get a proportionate share of revenue.

These Scot Nats are really messed up in their thinking you know.

As One Scot told me whilst I was working there. "ye cannot run a country on tartan and shortbread"!

Agreed.

Btw, did you see my earlier post about the constitutional dilemma?

This is the very reason most of us voted leave, because we are sick of listening to condescending remarks from people about how MY country see's it's future......in the style of my generation...."up yours"

My reference to a clusterfck is nothing to do with condescension towards or disdain for those who voted out (indeed I think the Remain camp has been way too arrogant in that regard), but I've spent a lot of time listening and reading around the post-vote situation, and are you not even a tiny bit bothered that in the biggest political decision made in our generation, we're now sitting here after the event knowing that i) there is a lame-duck PM and opposition leader; ii) the Leave leaders even now seem to have no idea what happens next or what 'Leave' actually looks like and are now hesitating about pushing the Article 50 button, and iii) they seem to be moving quite quickly away from ideas that seemed absolutely central to the Brexit case such as a halt to EU migration and ringfenced additional funding for the NHS? Clusterfck is a description of a matter of fact, not opinion - how can the UK have got to this point without a plan for what comes next?

EDIT: In response to another of your posts: I'm not from Belgium. I am unashamedly an economic migrant from the UK who having lost his job in the 2008 recession travelled to the distant lowlands to earn fame and fortune ;)

Last edited:
I think you will agree the US position is of interest. Their spokespeople are going with that somehow Britain has been degraded and will not play such a big role in World Affairs. Well if that means having less of our troops killed and less of our billions being spent in their mis-managed wars, then hooray. They haven't won a war since Korea and with the Kennedy doctrine they are unlikely to.

So it may also be out from under fighting for US interests at last. They do what the Israelis tell them.

That for all your anger at the democratic process was directed at someone from Belgium.

Now, with all due respect, get over it and move on in life, majority rule and all that.

You haven't shown any respect for other points of view, sonic. You just come over as a bully boy.

Uncharted territory, and to be honest i have far more faith in our ability to sort out this clusterfck than the EU's ability to sort out its own clusterfck.

The people who doubt are the same spineless one's who doubt anything that shakes up their little fluffy worlds, what a boring life it would be without a little excitement.

You haven't shown any respect for other points of view, sonic. You just come over as a bully boy.

If that's your opinion great, the reason i may come across that way is i passionately dispare at people's inability to see where the EU was heading in its plans, and is now heading as crack appear. How and why you and Attila are blind to it God only knows.

The people who doubt are the same spineless one's who doubt anything that shakes up their little fluffy worlds, what a boring life it would be without a little excitement.

I quite like Charles Bukowski on doubt:

'The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.'

My opinion in a short sentence.

Common market....Yes........Federal super state....No.

Right chaps, time to leave this thread as it's over, job done.........good luck trading etc, catch you all on the dark side...

Happy Days.......:)

It's an interesting constitutional impasse. Parliament has to pass the legislation to take us out and MPs are remain by a huge majority. What do they sacrifice - their own personal conviction (and perceived responsibility) that exit will prove a disaster for Britain, or the expressed will of the majority of people?

With our sort of representational democracy referenda are all very well when the result is in accord with parliament's will. When it's not...............

Cameron made it abundantly clear that Parliament would take it's direction from the people. The people spoke and we are where we are. It is now up to parliament to move forward.

There is no difference between being in the EU and having opposing views inside the parliament, or being out of the EU and having opposing views inside the parliament.

I wonder will this lead to a break up of the United Kingdom
The Scots arent happy. Northern Irish Unionists are scrambling to get Irish Republic passports
Interesting times ahead !!

If that's your opinion great, the reason i may come across that way is i passionately dispare at people's inability to see where the EU was heading in its plans, and is now heading as crack appear. How and why you and Attila are blind to it God only knows.

If you can't sort out your problems with Scotland (Northern Ireland, soon), I should have thought that you would have some simpathy for a union of, now, 27 members.

We have serious problems that need solving, and now. Your money was welcome but, what would have been welcome, too, was someone like Farage (if there is no one better) shouting his head off in Brussels, all the time. At least, he is a good rabblerouser--I enjoy listening to him--and Brussels needs people like that, to keep them awake and to let them know that they are being watched.

The UK has, never, been like that,although she wanted, as much as anyone, to be part of a Europe that is a force in the world. Even Germany is no more than a moneybox, important as she is. We need Churchillian figures, in Europe. A uniter.

That is the main problem. Find men, like that, and the pieces would fall into place.

The difference is easy - I don't mind being European (and I feel proud of being British as well.)

Trained by the best m8, HM Government. No point explaining to you.

You and Forker telling it like it is with your pair of hardened nuts in your hands would make a fantastic negotiation team. Good luck with those. ;)

Listening to question time on Radio 4 right now and it transpires no plans were made by Brexit camp for leaving. Pooh bear!

Is this the fly getting a whiff of it's rear before it... :cheesy:

Last edited:
I quite like Charles Bukowski on doubt:

'The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.'

There is one of the latter on the horizon, right now. I'm thinking White House, if the Americans aren't careful!.